Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Galvin plays both sides easily.

The bigger worry is the lack of running lines and shapes as he moves across field.

Last night, several times, he was looking and looking and no one ran anything. It was really, really average.

Can only hope Benji starts to realise this whole 'attack will come later' mindset is destroying our chances to win football games.

He needs to go forward and engage the line a lot more, which in turn provides space for his options.

He needs to go forward and engage the line a lot more, which in turn provides space for his options.
Incorrect.

I'm talking about players feeding ahead or under.

That's a different concept to straightening the attack, which he also does well if the intended target is out the back.

We have 3 left sides halves for 2025 in Luai, Galvin and Fainu.
I very much doubt we will ask Luai to change from the side he has been playing his whole career, so Galvin or Fainuvwill have to change themselves into right sided players if they want to play in the halves in 2025.
Worryingly Fainu looks to struggle with his left to right pass and I don’t think a left to roght pass is a real strength for Galvin either.
It’s similar story in the outside backs with most in our top 30 heavily favouring playing on the left.
Roster imbalance is just as much an issue as a poor roster.
in hindsight if we knew we were getting luai we probably wouldn't have signed latu fainu

I think it's more of a case of Sullivan wouldn't be here if we knew we'd sign Luai.

Latu is brilliant. He just hasn't had his opportunity yet. It'll come.
I have to agree with this. The NRL is a hard sport and you need depth in every position. Latu will be a wonderful acquisition given time for his injuries to settle down. Even Sullivan is good depth, just not at the price or length of contract the Tigers agreed to.

We need to offload Sullivan which is disappointing for the kid as he is young and hasn't done anything wrong, and some inexpensive lower grade halves need to step up. We do have some, they are just too far away from what our needs are now.

If this deadwood clean out is happening this is what I would like to see left
Bula
Turuva
Olam
Galvin
Luai
Pole
Faniu
Stepho
Api
The rest are new cup at best , although twal and Faniu are better than nsw cup

So we need 2 wingers , 3 backrowers , and 2 front rowers .
So does anyone think this club can pull this off , we have missed out on so many hard working players that other clubs have picked up , Curran , capewell , Waddell , these type of players give 100% every week , there is more out there , the sharks and roooters have more forwards than they can use ,

Bula
Turuva
Olam
Galvin
Luai
Pole
Faniu
Stepho
Api

So does anyone think this club can pull this off , we have missed out on so many hard working players that other clubs have picked up , Curran , capewell , Waddell , these type of players give 100% every week , there is more out there , the sharks and roooters have more forwards than they can use ,
That's pretty spot on BP, concerned about Stefano, I feel he's already gone, what do you think about chasing De Belin from saints, looks like all his drama's are behind him, feel good footy is ahead of him, also Scott Sorenson from Penrith, would like to see if Ivan wants ice now for sorenson

Last edited:
Bula
Turuva
Olam
Galvin
Luai
Pole
Faniu
Stepho
Api

Agreed with your squad. Sam Fainu is a future captain. He’s a tear away. A guy who leads well and sets the intensity. Fantastic to watch. He is miles ahead of Bateman and Paps. My favourite player to watch this year.

Alaimalo - I think he’s worth holding onto. Good raw potential. If Lobb is on the other wing, I would just be going high balls all day.

Agreed with your squad. Sam Fainu is a future captain. He’s a tear away. A guy who leads well and sets the intensity. Fantastic to watch. He is miles ahead of Bateman and Paps. My favourite player to watch this year.

Alaimalo - I think he’s worth holding onto. Good raw potential. If Lobb is on the other wing, I would just be going high balls all day.
Yes we could get away with Alaimalo and lobb or stains , but we really need to beef up the forward pack

I asked ChatGPT on how we could improve our coaching and player direction to get more wins.

This was the AI's response -

1. Reinforce the Spine: Focus on strengthening the core positions of fullback, halves, and hooker. Ensure these key positions are filled by experienced and talented players who can guide the team around the park and make crucial decisions under pressure.
  2. Improve Forward Pack Dominance: Emphasize building a dominant forward pack. This involves recruiting or developing powerful, mobile forwards who can win the battle in the middle, providing a strong platform for the backs.
  3. Utilize Talented Youth: Identify and fast-track talented young players from the junior ranks who can inject enthusiasm and energy into the team. The club has a history of producing talented juniors, so leveraging this pipeline is crucial.
  4. Targeted Recruitment: Focus on recruiting experienced, high-impact players in key positions. This might mean targeting players coming off contract or those who might be undervalued at other clubs but can bring significant experience and leadership to the team.
  5. Enhanced Game Preparation: Invest in detailed opposition analysis and tailor game plans to exploit the weaknesses of upcoming opponents. This preparation can provide a competitive edge in each match.
  6. Injury Management: Improve injury prevention and management strategies to ensure the best players are available more consistently. This could involve investing in better medical and recovery facilities and staff.
  7. Leadership on and off the Field: Develop strong leadership both on and off the field. Empower senior players to take more responsibility during games and create a leadership group that can influence and mentor younger players.
  8. Fan Engagement and Support: Boost fan engagement to create a more supportive and intimidating home ground atmosphere. A passionate fan base can significantly lift the team’s performance, particularly in home games.

We aren’t that far off, we just need a few quality players to fill key positions. I’d lock in:

1. Bula
2. Alaimalo
3. Olam
5. Turuva

6. Galvin
7. Luai

8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Twal
11. S. Fainu
13. Pole

14. Da Silva
15. S. Fainu

I would like to see Latu Fainu have a go at centre. It has been mentioned before and I think he could really make a fist out of it. If that is the case, Turuva stays on the wing.

We need a gun backrower & impact bench players.

Also, a tonne of depth is required. Be good if we could flick Sullivan and keep Sezer as back up. Doubtful Staines gets a FG contract elsewhere so he wouldn’t be the worst backup.

Back