Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Papalii wasn't off contract, that didn't stop Penrith when they needed a backrower. The good clubs make it happen I think Richo could aswell only stumbling block is selling the Tigers to any prospective players we might try to entice out of a contract early

Approaching players who aren’t off contract does breach NRL rules though … all clubs might do it … but I know who they will choose to make an example of to punish someone if they need too … also the Wests Tigers are the club News Ltd goes after … see today where there is their now annual article bashing the club about the amount of money paid to terminated players .. even though other clubs do the same

He was fine, one of the only forwards who tried. You think he's taking a pay cut next year? Lol, no chance.
We're the worst team in the comp. We cant offer the same as other clubs, we have to offer 20% more to get someone...
And that is when it’s a re-signing. If we have to replace Stef it’s likely much more than 20%.

Moses doesn’t manage them. He manages Galvin.

I think he also manages Bateman and Klemmer who were rumoured to be trying to get rid of.

ok … must be Tartak then … my point remains that it’s a bit of a pipe dream to try to force out Latu early whilst keeping the other one happy and at the club

Rubbish.
People still to forget that Latu was still eligible for SGBall this season. He's a year younger than players like Ethan Strange who are breaking onto the scene this year.
Most clubs don't avoid signing quality players because they already have quality players. You want quality in all grades.
He's still just an 18 year old, will ahead of schedule. Even if he doesn't pay first grade again this year that's fine. He needs 4x80 movie matches in cup once he's fit. Then we can can see where he's at and how the NRL team is going and where he fits in.
Harry Grant honed his skills in lower grades until he read 22-23. Luai honed his skills until he was 21-22. Good clubs don't rush juniors
Given Latus flexibility I can see him offering significant utility value, or Galvin may end up moving.
if Galvin is happy playing 6 and we try to move him to accomadate latu fainu he will have plenty of options to play at another club...

I asked ChatGPT on how we could improve our coaching and player direction to get more wins.

This was the AI's response -

1. Reinforce the Spine: Focus on strengthening the core positions of fullback, halves, and hooker. Ensure these key positions are filled by experienced and talented players who can guide the team around the park and make crucial decisions under pressure.
  2. Improve Forward Pack Dominance: Emphasize building a dominant forward pack. This involves recruiting or developing powerful, mobile forwards who can win the battle in the middle, providing a strong platform for the backs.
  3. Utilize Talented Youth: Identify and fast-track talented young players from the junior ranks who can inject enthusiasm and energy into the team. The club has a history of producing talented juniors, so leveraging this pipeline is crucial.
  4. Targeted Recruitment: Focus on recruiting experienced, high-impact players in key positions. This might mean targeting players coming off contract or those who might be undervalued at other clubs but can bring significant experience and leadership to the team.
  5. Enhanced Game Preparation: Invest in detailed opposition analysis and tailor game plans to exploit the weaknesses of upcoming opponents. This preparation can provide a competitive edge in each match.
  6. Injury Management: Improve injury prevention and management strategies to ensure the best players are available more consistently. This could involve investing in better medical and recovery facilities and staff.
  7. Leadership on and off the Field: Develop strong leadership both on and off the field. Empower senior players to take more responsibility during games and create a leadership group that can influence and mentor younger players.
  8. Fan Engagement and Support: Boost fan engagement to create a more supportive and intimidating home ground atmosphere. A passionate fan base can significantly lift the team’s performance, particularly in home games.
I asked ChatGPT what should Benji Marshall say to the team at half time after we have typically given the opposition a 20 point lead in the early stages of our games.

ChatGPT

Benji Marshall could offer a mix of encouragement, tactical adjustments, and motivation at halftime:

1. Encouragement: "Alright, team, great effort out there in the first half. We've shown flashes of brilliance, and we're definitely in this game. Let's build on those positive moments and keep pushing forward."
  2. Tactical Adjustments: "We've identified a few areas where we can tighten up defensively and exploit their weaknesses offensively. Let's focus on tightening our defense around the edges and capitalizing on opportunities when they arise."
  3. Motivation: "Remember why we're here. Remember the hard work we've put in to get to this point. Let's dig deep, support each other, and leave everything out on the field in this second half. We've got the skill, the determination, and the heart to come out on top."
  4. Specific Instructions: "John, I need you to lead the defensive line and communicate effectively. Sarah, keep exploiting those gaps in their defense with your speed and agility. And to the whole team, stay disciplined, stick to the game plan, and execute with precision."
  5. Belief: "Above all, believe in yourselves and in each other. We're a team, and together, there's nothing we can't overcome. Let's go out there and show them what we're made of. We've got this!"
So what we really need is for Benji to be more specific as is outlined in point 4 is to put more reliance on John and Sarah, John to lead the defensive line and Sarah to become the focus of our attack.

It's very obvious now that we haven't been doing this and this is where we have gone wrong.

Get onto it Benji.

I asked ChatGPT what should Benji Marshall say to the team at half time after we have typically given the opposition a 20 point lead in the early stages of our games.

ChatGPT

Benji Marshall could offer a mix of encouragement, tactical adjustments, and motivation at halftime:

1. Encouragement: "Alright, team, great effort out there in the first half. We've shown flashes of brilliance, and we're definitely in this game. Let's build on those positive moments and keep pushing forward."
  2. Tactical Adjustments: "We've identified a few areas where we can tighten up defensively and exploit their weaknesses offensively. Let's focus on tightening our defense around the edges and capitalizing on opportunities when they arise."
  3. Motivation: "Remember why we're here. Remember the hard work we've put in to get to this point. Let's dig deep, support each other, and leave everything out on the field in this second half. We've got the skill, the determination, and the heart to come out on top."
  4. Specific Instructions: "John, I need you to lead the defensive line and communicate effectively. Sarah, keep exploiting those gaps in their defense with your speed and agility. And to the whole team, stay disciplined, stick to the game plan, and execute with precision."
  5. Belief: "Above all, believe in yourselves and in each other. We're a team, and together, there's nothing we can't overcome. Let's go out there and show them what we're made of. We've got this!"
So what we really need is for Benji to be more specific as is outlined in point 4 is to put more reliance on John and Sarah, John to lead the defensive line and Sarah to become the focus of our attack.

It's very obvious now that we haven't been doing this and this is where we have gone wrong.

Get onto it Benji.
Maybe we sack the coaches and just have chatGP coach us?

ChatGPT

Get onto it Benji.
Sarah leading our attack. Sounds about right.

Can someone please explain. Papali’i wasn’t off contract until 2025 which means Penrith couldn’t approach him until November. He quits for whatever reason and is magically signed a few days later. Vlandys and crew sure know how to run an even competition.

Only justice in it is at anything over 400 a season they got themselves a real bargain (not)

Can someone please explain. Papali’i wasn’t off contract until 2025 which means Penrith couldn’t approach him until November. He quits for whatever reason and is magically signed a few days later. Vlandys and crew sure know how to run an even competition.

Only justice in it is at anything over 400 a season they got themselves a real bargain (not)
He was released by the WT from the final year of his contract first, then he signed with the Riff. What peeves me off is apparently we are chipping in for some of his contract next year

He was released by the WT from the final year of his contract first, then he signed with the Riff. What peeves me off is apparently we are chipping in for some of his contract next year

Would he have asked for a release if he had nowhere to go

Reactions: BZN
Would he have asked for a release if he had nowhere to go
He was advised he could look around for next year about 4 weeks prior to this signing. He then found a club and that's when Tigers formally agreed to let him go when then announced it.

Good business from us and assume we have done the same for a few more but won't hear about it unless they find another club and get released.

Back