Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Warriors just announced a couple signings
https://twitter.com/NZWarriors/status/866870520452489216

@ said:
Would be stoked if Paasi came here. Go hard for adam elliot too.

8\. Matulino
9\. mckillrick
10\. packer
11\. mcqueen
12\. elliot
13\. ET

14\. liddle
15\. Lawrence
16\. Twal/Jj felise
17\. Paasi

now that is a good pack. 😀

Elliot is not off contract.

@ said:
@ said:

8\. Matulino
9\. mckillrick
10\. packer
11\. mcqueen
12\. elliot
13\. ET

14\. liddle
15\. Lawrence
16\. Twal/Jj felise
17\. Paasi

now that is a good pack. ?

Michael Doolan, **<big>Adam Elliott</big>**, Craig Garvey, Rod Griffin, Kerrod Holland, Will Hopoate, Michael Lichaa, Tyrone Phillips, Andy Saunders, Reimis Smith, Chase Stanley

11 players off contract

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2017/

@ said:
@ said:
So Dane Gagai has not taken up his option for 2018 with Newcastle, and has informed them he is leaving…...

Who was the knucklehead on here that was adamant that he will never ever leave Newcastle, and had first hand info from Gagai's and his family?

And does anyone know where he has signed? I heard Souths were close. Would have been a great signing for us.

Souths, for $700k plus a year, hence Johnston is feeling left out.

700k for Dane Gagai is too much. Even with him teaming up with Ingles. I think that the Tigers are better off at looking for a dynamic Center to create opportunities on the backline, but I would expect a Michael Jennings for that price.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

8\. Matulino
9\. mckillrick
10\. packer
11\. mcqueen
12\. elliot
13\. ET

14\. liddle
15\. Lawrence
16\. Twal/Jj felise
17\. Paasi

now that is a good pack. ?

Michael Doolan, **<big>Adam Elliott</big>**, Craig Garvey, Rod Griffin, Kerrod Holland, Will Hopoate, Michael Lichaa, Tyrone Phillips, Andy Saunders, Reimis Smith, Chase Stanley

11 players off contract

https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/off-contract-2017/

Bulldogs will snap him up.

Bulldogs may have trouble signing Elliot up at the moment unless they are under the cap for next year, we can always live in hope!!

Bulldogs will only be able to offer elliot less than other clubs like us can offer.

Renolds 500k
kasiano 450-550k

There the ones going/gone

woods 800-1mill
foran 800-1mill

Also tree member graham,eastwood,mybe,morris boys are on back ended contracts. Honestlynthe bulldogs cap is a mess. Who ever sorted that out should be sacked.

Offer elliot 4years at decent coin. Probably will get him with reynolds his best mate.

@ said:
Bulldogs will only be able to offer elliot less than other clubs like us can offer.

Renolds 500k
kasiano 450-550k

There the ones going/gone

woods 800-1mill
foran 800-1mill

Also tree member graham,eastwood,mybe,morris boys are on back ended contracts. Honestlynthe bulldogs cap is a mess. Who ever sorted that out should be sacked.

Offer elliot 4years at decent coin. Probably will get him with reynolds his best mate.

Yep, would be offering the 4 years and decent coin if it were me

A'auva is a grub but available. Surely would not be getting a lot given he is on his last strike

There was a rumour floating around a while ago about Joe Ofahengaue wanting to come to Sydney, if true he'd round off our Prop rotation pretty nice for 2018.

@ said:
There was a rumour floating around a while ago about Joe Ofahengaue wanting to come to Sydney, if true he'd round off our Prop rotation pretty nice for 2018.

Yes there was. A machine. He can play big minutes. il take him and paasi 😂.

starting to get a little worried about further signings, it seems to have gone very quite. we were linked to so many players yet nothing seems to be come through. when u see dugan going to the sharks for $750,000 u have to wonder did we try to sign him. when u also look at what we have it is VERY CLEAR we need another prop and another back rower. then in the backs we need a class center, a class fullback and somewhere in there we need a goal kicker, i have faith in IVAN but it is getting down to the bare bones for quality been left we have cap why the hell are we not getting any of the top end players that we need.

@ said:
starting to get a little worried about further signings, it seems to have gone very quite. we were linked to so many players yet nothing seems to be come through. when u see dugan going to the sharks for $750,000 u have to wonder did we try to sign him. when u also look at what we have it is VERY CLEAR we need another prop and another back rower. then in the backs we need a class center, a class fullback and somewhere in there we need a goal kicker, i have faith in IVAN but it is getting down to the bare bones for quality been left we have cap why the hell are we not getting any of the top end players that we need.

Pretty sure i remember a similar post from you two weeks ago. Then we signed Packer. We're not going to sign players everyday, not sure what your expectations are.

@ said:

The team needs to be rebuilt and that means getting solid first graders which we have been doing.Chasing "top end " players is not what we need as it would mean lower quality players making up the bulk of our team and we have seen the result of that.I doubt very much that Dugan went to the sharks for 750k.I am fine with what Cleary is doing the start of the 2018 season is a long way off

its more about the quality than signing players every day or week. we splash a so called $700,000 on Reynolds yet dugan goes for same amount and we really need a fullback, maybe we did make a offer, but it would be nice to see some thing come thru sooner rather than latter.
i will put this to all on this forum, for the last couple of years or there abouts we have had in theory a pretty decent backline and a a-grade pack. now we have signed some starch to the pack for next year, but unless we get some decent backs, we will be in a reverse situation.

@ said:
Can someone explain why Jason Taylor, a high record scorer and kicker, could not train anyone to be a good boot!

I mean seriously, we would have to dig into Harrigan or El-Masri to find a better boot. JT kicked heaps of goals. Yet he could not even train up a good goalkicker!

You can't just train someone to be a goalkicker - if they don't have the ability, timing and skill it doesn't matter how much you teach them.

Latest posts

Back