Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think we need to look at a Reserve grade hooker. To cover injury. Similar to last year when we picked up MM. no more lighter second rowers playing DH when injury strikes. If we found another MM who has played some 1st grade but mostly reserves. Someone that is a genuine hooker..That would be ideal

@ said:
i know Liddle is a very a good dummy half, but i think we should get a new one. i think put Liddle on the bench to give us strike power later on in the game. MM lets in too many penalties and i know he can tackle but he hasn't been 100% this year. Kaysa Pritchard, Michael Lichaa, there only 2 we could get.

Please be serious :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Given the Milne rumour has gone quiet it has been reported several clubs are after Tim Lafai (it did also state that he is most likely to stay), I wonder if the Tigers are one of those clubs?

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
its more about the quality than signing players every day or week. we splash a so called $700,000 on Reynolds yet dugan goes for same amount and we really need a fullback, maybe we did make a offer, but it would be nice to see some thing come thru sooner rather than latter.
i will put this to all on this forum, for the last couple of years or there abouts we have had in theory a pretty decent backline and a a-grade pack. now we have signed some starch to the pack for next year, but unless we get some decent backs, we will be in a reverse situation.

You can see Cleary is trying to build a culture and some players don't fit that I doubt Dugan is the culture builder he wants

Something doesn't add up with Dugan… all along he wanted "fullback" money yet supposedly he took $700k to play centre for sharks... surely the dragqueens offered $700 k or close to it???

Dragons offered 750k i believe.

He was upset that the Dragons offered "centre money" but were going to play him at fullback. The Sharks will play him at centre on rep centre money.

@ said:
Peats is looking

If we don't resign sign MM, then I'd say yes but I think Mcwrllick will stay.

Peats asking for 600k… parra only offering 500k, peats rejected and Parra have now pulled the offer, I think I read somewhere Titans are offering 475k which has been rejected and Titans are hesitant to meet his asking price.

600k for Peats isn't bad value imo, he's quality.

With our backline… From my understanding of reading the Tui thread his deal is done and he'll definitely be in tigers colours by 2018, we still need a winger and a centre..... We have $ so I think we should be going for Blake Ferguson, as for a centre Mahe Fonua is looking likely but depending on the development of Masters Id like to see a centre paring of Suli/Masters, if his form drops as a centre Id move him onto the bench to come on as a forward and look to sign Hopa as a centre would go hard for him too.

1\. Tui Lolohea
2\. David Nofalumo
3\. Moses Suli
4\. Esan Masters/Will Hopa/ Mahe Fonua
5\. Blake Ferguson
6\. Josh Reynolyds
7\. Luke Brooks

With our pack

I think Paasi and a second rower of either CHN or Elliot will complete our pack.

8\. Ben Matulino
9\. Matt Mcwrllick
10\. Russell Packer
11\. Chris McQueen
12\. Adam Elliot/ CHN
13\. Elijah Taylor

14\. Jacob Liddle
14\. Agnatius Paasi
16\. Josh Alioia
17\. Sauaso Sue

I don't think we're a long way off, exciting times ahead for 2018 never been so excited for a season in my life even though we're not even halfway through 2017 (God that's sad lol), but I have comeplete faith in Ivan and trust that the bus is going in the right direction to lead us into finals footy in the very near future.

On Milne, he was on the radar back in JT's tenure as coach and I am only guessing there might be a connection as they were both at the Chooks. Anyway maybe Cleary doesn't have the same view as JT on Milnes ability. I personally think he would be a really good buy. Of course with Dugan jumping ship the Drags may have been able to offer him more money and he is staying.

Anyway you would have to think he is now off the radar as there has been no leaks of information that are usually standard with all our signings

@ said:
@ said:
Peats is looking

Peats asking for 600k… parra only offering 500k, peats rejected and Parra have now pulled the offer, I think I read somewhere Titans are offering 475k which has been rejected and Titans are hesitant to meet his asking price.

600k for a quality 80 minute hooker is perfectly good value. As much as I like MM, i'd prefer an 80 minute hooker. I don't like the "2 hooker" policy.

@ said:
With our backline… From my understanding of reading the Tui thread his deal is done and he'll definitely be in tigers colours by 2018, we still need a winger and a centre..... We have $ so I think we should be going for Blake Ferguson, as for a centre Mahe Fonua is looking likely but depending on the development of Masters Id like to see a centre paring of Suli/Masters, if his form drops as a centre Id move him onto the bench to come on as a forward and look to sign Hopa as a centre would go hard for him too.

1\. Tui Lolohea
2\. David Nofalumo
3\. Moses Suli
4\. Esan Masters/Will Hopa/ Mahe Fonua
5\. Blake Ferguson
6\. Josh Reynolyds
7\. Luke Brooks

With our pack

I think Paasi and a second rower of either CHN or Elliot will complete our pack.

8\. Ben Matulino
9\. Matt Mcwrllick
10\. Russell Packer
11\. Chris McQueen
12\. Adam Elliot/ CHN
13\. Elijah Taylor

14\. Jacob Liddle
14\. Agnatius Paasi
16\. Josh Alioia
17\. Sauaso Sue

I don't think we're a long way off, exciting times ahead for 2018 never been so excited for a season in my life even though we're not even halfway through 2017 (God that's sad lol), but I have comeplete faith in Ivan and trust that the bus is going in the right direction to lead us into finals footy in the very near future.

Would definitely have Rowdy before Sue (who should be let go imo).

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Peats is looking

600k for a quality 80 minute hooker is perfectly good value. As much as I like MM, i'd prefer an 80 minute hooker. I don't like the "2 hooker" policy.

Yeah not really a fan of having 2 hookers in our 17 each week. Apparently Eels have pulled out for Peats and Titans are offering 500k but he wants 600k. Not sure what our money situation is for 2018 but if we could go to 1 hooker and beef up the bench it would be worth it.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Peats is looking

Yeah not really a fan of having 2 hookers in our 17 each week. Apparently Eels have pulled out for Peats and Titans are offering 500k but he wants 600k. Not sure what our money situation is for 2018 but if we could go to 1 hooker and beef up the bench it would be worth it.

Completely agree. And provided Lolohea gets back to old form a spine of Lolohea, Reynolds, Brooks and Peats is class.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Completely agree. And provided Lolohea gets back to old form a spine of Lolohea, Reynolds, Brooks and Peats is class.

We do have Liddle under contract for 2018.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Peats is looking

Dont like the 2 hooker policy?Must not of visited thailand then ??

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

We do have Liddle under contract for 2018.

A good backup in case Peats gets hurt.

https://www.zerotackle.com/parramatta-pull-nathan-peats-offer-27543/
Zero Tackle -May 24, 2017 - 9:49 am
The Parramatta Eels are out of the race for Nathan Peats, with the club unwilling to up their $500,000 per season deal after Peats rejected the offer.

SMH.com.au is reporting that Peats is seeking a deal worth $600,000 and as yet, has been unable to find a buyer, with both the Gold Coast Titans and Eels offering deals worth much less.

Even a State of Origin call-up for the NSW Blues hasn’t been enough for Parramatta to increase their offer to former hooker Peats and he now has lost the leverage of multiple clubs bidding for his services.

The Titans are currently awaiting to see if Jarryd Hayne takes up his $1.2 million option for next season.

If Hayne does take up the option, the Titans have very little room in their salary cap to increase their offer for Peats.

Peats is a good kid but frankly hooker is not where we need to invest right now. We have two good options for the next few years, we instead need to strengthen the go-forward and the backline immediately.

Still for me short:
1-2 FG-quality props - Woods was already short of support and now he and Ava are gone, adding two blokes only just covers what we already had, even if their output is likely to be more even. When Mats and Packer come off, we are still looking to sub with Sue, Aloiai, Grant or Felise, pretty weak.

1 quality centre - maybe MWZ is a long-term option, I'd like to have another. Suli has one side wrapped up clearly. Maybe that's Fonua, maybe not, depending on coach.

FB - but if Tui comes, that's sorted.

Strike backrower - if possible. We haven't had one since Dwyer, there aren't a lot on the market, we've bought McQueen but he's not strike. It is still lining up at this time to be McQueen-Rowdy-ET starting backrow 2018 and frankly that's a bit light on attack options. Aloiai and Sue are either not there yet or unlikely to be the solution (resp.).

@ said:
Peats is a good kid but frankly hooker is not where we need to invest right now. We have two good options for the next few years, we instead need to strengthen the go-forward and the backline immediately.

Still for me short:
1-2 FG-quality props - Woods was already short of support and now he and Ava are gone, adding two blokes only just covers what we already had, even if their output is likely to be more even. When Mats and Packer come off, we are still looking to sub with Sue, Aloiai, Grant or Felise, pretty weak.

1 quality centre - maybe MWZ is a long-term option, I'd like to have another. Suli has one side wrapped up clearly. Maybe that's Fonua, maybe not, depending on coach.

Strike backrower - if possible. We haven't had one since Dwyer, there aren't a lot on the market, we've bought McQueen but he's not strike. It is still lining up at this time to be McQueen-Rowdy-ET starting backrow 2018 and frankly that's a bit light on attack options. Aloiai and Sue are either not there yet or unlikely to be the solution (resp.).

It's very simple. We need to sign CHN, he would fix a load of our issues. We need to sign CHN, he is a goalkicker.

@ said:

Still for me short:

We haven't really lashed out massive money on anyone just yet, it would seem feasible we could still get Peats and bring on a couple of props, a centre (or winger if Fonua plays centre).

Would playing Taylor in the 2nd row and signing a big popper to play 13 be a bad idea? Much in the same way Burgess/Gallen/Taumololo play? Taylor runs well and has a good passing game -would also tighten edge defence very well.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Peats is looking

Dont like the 2 hooker policy?Must not of visited thailand then ??

600g for Peats is a steal compared to what a lot of other players are getting

Latest posts

Members online

Back