Simona

fergiefurr

I'm not going to say the guys our best player, but isn't our winning percentage when he plays nearly 60%?

I don't know what he brings but he must bring something because after the disaster of last week our left edge conceded one try from a kick and I don't think allowed a single line break.

Fingers crossed he doesn't get injured or suspended again this season.

Yeah he's a charm. Milone is gonna have to start thinking maybe he's just jinxed haha. With him gone the state cup side put on a carve up and we got belted. He gets dropped and we win first grade.

@fergiefurr said:
I'm not going to say the guys our best player, but isn't our winning percentage when he plays nearly 60%?

I don't know what he brings but he must bring something because after the disaster of last week our left edge conceded one try from a kick and I don't think allowed a single line break.

Fingers crossed he doesn't get injured or suspended again this season.

That's Because Milone has a 0% win record :wink:

Makes a huge difference as he give an option on the left and takes the pressure off Teddy…

Ran for 150+ metres tonight...good to see...

Simona is a gun. He had that idiotic moment in the first half, but can't think of too many other times since his breakout 2013 season that he's stuffed up.

little things that Tim did were evident. We really missed him in the last few weeks.

I hope he can find a flashy try in the coming rounds as this will be great for his and the teams confidence

I reckon he is great but this year he has been poor. The difference when he is out is who we replace him with and because Richards was outside him last year. We had the slowest left side defence when Simona was out last year.

He and Kev are a great pair of centres. Kev is a massive positive to come out of this year - our best player overall for the 9 rounds so far.

@PYMBLEPETE said:
He and Kev are a great pair of centres. Kev is a massive positive to come out of this year - our best player overall for the 9 rounds so far.

Yeah Kev has been great but you have to give it to Tedesco surely?

@fergiefurr said:

Last 3 seasons, including tonight, he's 19/40 games = 47.5%. It is the best strike rate of any current player.

I wrote in another thread about this, whether Simona is that good or his replacements are that bad.

@PYMBLEPETE said:

Interesting you say that. I think his greatest weakness this year has been his inconsistency. Started the year well but has been ordinary lately.

@jirskyr said:
@fergiefurr said:

Last 3 seasons, including tonight, he's 19/40 games = 47.5%. It is the best strike rate of any current player.

I wrote in another thread about this, whether Simona is that good or his replacements are that bad.

Very astute it's both. Simona is a very good all round centre attack and defence. He covers others mistakes out wide and his replacements have included Milone, Lovett and other plodders who are no longer on the team from years past. We lack depth badly however, MCK should cover for the centre position the year as long as JT doesn't play Milone again.

@MacDougall said:
@PYMBLEPETE said:

tedesco hasnt had a good game in a month i think hes carrying injuries
kev been so much more consistant and is our best attacking weapon the only problem is when he runs out of his line to put on a hit he leaves a massive hole in defense

He was enormous last night supporting the forwards with runs from dummy half. I mean, that's not normally a centre's priority, but it was what we needed last night.

In general attack, he's one of our few players willing to realise when things won't work and just take the tackle. And you only have to look at the try-scoring feats over Richards & Rankin (2 players of questionable pace) to know he can feed a winger.

@Joelcainenumber1fan said:
@MacDougall said:
@PYMBLEPETE said:

tedesco hasnt had a good game in a month i think hes carrying injuries
kev been so much more consistant and is our best attacking weapon the only problem is when he runs out of his line to put on a hit he leaves a massive hole in defense

Yep. Tedesco though when ordinary for him is still good. He set-up Rankin's try and still got plenty of metres in half a game.

@MacDougall said:
@PYMBLEPETE said:

Sure Teddy has been strong for us as well, but there have been a couple of games - Titans and Knights where I thought Teddy went somewhat missing, but Kev played blinders in both those.

@TYGA said:
@jirskyr said:
@fergiefurr said:

Very astute it's both. Simona is a very good all round centre attack and defence. He covers others mistakes out wide and his replacements have included Milone, Lovett and other plodders who are no longer on the team from years past. We lack depth badly however, MCK should cover for the centre position the year as long as JT doesn't play Milone again.

Do you know what else, he defended very well when switched to the wing. He made good decisions whether to come in or stay out, but more importantly he hit and stuck when he made the decision.

Nofo can learn so much from just those 40 mins Simona played, about not putting yourself in no-man's-land when the attack is on you.

Because they certainly tested Simona's left side, defending outside MCK then Lovett.

Surley the form of MCK last night showed that Milone should never play FG again if nothing else. Simona was great to have back but I'm thinking if Teddy is out Rankin to fullback, Simona to wing and MCK to centre

Simona is calm with the ball which is something we lack and he also runs good angles which give some room to his winger

Latest posts

Back