Simona

Quality player and should be locked up long term.

He is the future of the club.

@Boonboon2 said:
Surley the form of MCK last night showed that Milone should never play FG again if nothing else. Simona was great to have back but I'm thinking if Teddy is out Rankin to fullback, Simona to wing and MCK to centre

Simona is calm with the ball which is something we lack and he also runs good angles which give some room to his winger

We have 2 and a half weeks until our next game, I reckon Teddy will be fine, didn't look too serious. One of those burner injuries where it'll probably hurt for a few days then back to normal

Woods will probably be back aswell, looks like we'll have full strength v Dogs

he seems to be a lot free when he plays wing. did anyone see his take of one of the reynolds insane bombs? i thought it was a point to point kick but the way he charged onto a floating bomb was insanely good.

he plays amazing on the wing, probably our best winger but we need him in the centres.

@clifferdSH said:
@Boonboon2 said:
Surley the form of MCK last night showed that Milone should never play FG again if nothing else. Simona was great to have back but I'm thinking if Teddy is out Rankin to fullback, Simona to wing and MCK to centre

Simona is calm with the ball which is something we lack and he also runs good angles which give some room to his winger

We have 2 and a half weeks until our next game, I reckon Teddy will be fine, didn't look too serious. One of those burner injuries where it'll probably hurt for a few days then back to normal

Not so sure - he looked busted to me from early in the first half. In fact I would have at a guess that he's been carrying that shoulder for the past month and last night made it a lot worse. Wouldn't be surprised to see him miss a bit of time over this.

Easily one of my favorite players to watch
doesn't get the wraps he deserves… very underated

@jirskyr said:
@TYGA said:
@jirskyr said:
@fergiefurr said:
I'm not going to say the guys our best player, but isn't our winning percentage when he plays nearly 60%?

Last 3 seasons, including tonight, he's 19/40 games = 47.5%. It is the best strike rate of any current player.

I wrote in another thread about this, whether Simona is that good or his replacements are that bad.

Very astute it's both. Simona is a very good all round centre attack and defence. He covers others mistakes out wide and his replacements have included Milone, Lovett and other plodders who are no longer on the team from years past. We lack depth badly however, MCK should cover for the centre position the year as long as JT doesn't play Milone again.

Do you know what else, he defended very well when switched to the wing. He made good decisions whether to come in or stay out, but more importantly he hit and stuck when he made the decision.

Nofo can learn so much from just those 40 mins Simona played, about not putting yourself in no-man's-land when the attack is on you.

Because they certainly tested Simona's left side, defending outside MCK then Lovett.

For some reason we have never focused on defensive positioning and working as a defensive line like the Melbourne Storm for example. Simona waits and uses his speed once the attackers make a decision which, is required out wide.

I think Simona is a quality first grader. He is solid in defense, can make a break and he always puts his body on the line. I'd like to see him get more quick service from the halves.

@Joelcainenumber1fan said:
@MacDougall said:
@PYMBLEPETE said:
He and Kev are a great pair of centres. Kev is a massive positive to come out of this year - our best player overall for the 9 rounds so far.

Yeah Kev has been great but you have to give it to Tedesco surely?

tedesco hasnt had a good game in a month i think hes carrying injuries
kev been so much more consistant and is our best attacking weapon the only problem is when he runs out of his line to put on a hit he leaves a massive hole in defense

I agree. I love Kevvy, but i cringe when he runs out of his line. He mostly misses his target anyway. JT needs to sit him down and address this.

@mresky said:
Easily one of my favorite players to watch
doesn't get the wraps he deserves… very underated

Mine too. For a little guy, he's all heart. :slight_smile:

Kev and Nofo make the same dumb defensive mistakes each week,how hard can it be ? boys stop rushing out of the line it doesn't work .

He was strong in the second half. Some good reads in defense and ran well from DH for good meters, always looked dangerous. Nathan Gray would've scored 1-2 Tries if it wasn't for Simona.

Its must only be coincidence that he played on the WING the entire 2nd half?!

Did anyone notice when they focussed on Tim Sim in the warm ups during the coverage that when he was pretending to beat the defender and pass his pass selection was a flick pass ??

Strange that the last option you would choose to use is the first you are thinking to use in the warm ups

Latest posts

Back