Six Million Dollar Man

Looks promising he was overweight, didn’t want the ball, when it did come to him he preferred to shovel it off to Cleary rather than take on any responsibility himself, last play options were atrocious and some bad misses in defence.
We can only hope something is still going down, he doesn’t want to be there and that’s what is the reason why he was so lacklustre.

Thought Penrith were a bit off all over the pitch bar a few
it’s like they partied harder this offseason

Thought Penrith were a bit off all over the pitch bar a few
it’s like they partied harder this offseason
They have lost a lot of strike weapons and as tough and physical as they are, I don’t think points will come as easy to them as they once did.
Will they have the same hunger for success after being at the top of the mountain for so long ?
Luai didn’t look happy, not his usual Jack in the box self.

He’s alright. Just plays in a rubbish team as evidenced last night

Absolute crazy talk.

Luai would be an upgrade to the half combinations of all bar maybe Melbourne and Brisbane. Even then he would be on par rather than a downgrade.

He's a top tier half and we're lucky to have got him. Won't mean anything though if we don't improve our squad and attitude.

His role at Penrith is left edge, thought he took the right options and looked good. I think he does a lot of selfless stuff both off the ball and with. I'm not a happy clapper but it's easy to say a half doesn't look good in a zero point game.

Only valid point is that penrith's attack almost entirely runs through yeo and Cleary, if luai is playing that role at tigers we don't yet know if he can do that consistently. I don't think there's any evidence to suggest he can't, though.

Agree with what you have said and I would also add that he was not mistaken ridden like many of his highly rated team mates.

Now was it just me, or did other
forumers feel a little concerned about how much money, and hope, we have invested in Luai ?
He seems to be neither a setter up, or finisher, of plays, or is just that Penrith had a bad night.
Coz he won’t have anywhere near the level of cattle playing with him when he gets to us. Maybe a tad overpriced I think, which is what I’ve thought all along.
I hope he proves me wrong.
I really thought this was gunna be about Steve Austin, disappointed. ☹️

I've always had a question-mark on Luai as your long-term main halfback, but I take nothing specific out of the Melbourne match, if that's what you mean.

Storm defended great and Penrith started to get a bit panicked. Penrith's passing, running and handling were all where you might expect them to be Rd 1 coming back in from UK, and Storm had the answers.

I thought Luai was enterprising and he did set up their only (disallowed) try.

First game after his shoulder reco, I thought he was rightfully conservative. He played early more than usual and didn’t dig right in to the line and play late or take them on too much, but that’s to be expected. I would give him 3 or 4 more games. Anyhow I’m happy if he plays cautiously for a while and doesn’t aggravate his past injury.

Penrith as a whole were flat , Cleary did nothing but go side ways and looked lost , but we will see how they are going to go after 6 rounds I feel , they have a tough start so will get an idea how they are going , Tigers need not worry , Kent says we be lucky to win 3 games , so let’s shut that shit head up first of all then push for the 8. 😁

Luai has the skill…it’s Ivan’s gameplan and structure…also one of the reasons he’s leaving…he’s instructed to be parked out on the left while Cleary and yeo dig in and do the same garbage out the back play to each other or to the ever boring edwards…it really goes to show how poor the rest of the competition are if this is the team that has won for the past few years in a row
ive never seen a player that offers as little in attack as Edwards does be so highly regarded by fans. Don't get me wrong, Edwards is a quality player with a lot of great attributes but most fans typically only rate attacking brilliance. Yet for some reason they look past Edwards limitations.

Now was it just me, or did other
forumers feel a little concerned about how much money, and hope, we have invested in Luai ?
He seems to be neither a setter up, or finisher, of plays, or is just that Penrith had a bad night.
Coz he won’t have anywhere near the level of cattle playing with him when he gets to us. Maybe a tad overpriced I think, which is what I’ve thought all along.
I hope he proves me wrong.
Re: price... that's fine.
I have Zero problem for us paying small overs if the player is solid.
Our problem has been when we pay big money for:
Josh R/Packer/etc that end up playing so poorly they don't take the field.
or
Mbye/Leulia/etc that pay at a 300k level when they are on a 700k salary. (Grossly overvalued).

Were paying overs for Luai, and he will have quiet nights as MM, Cleary, Walker do. But he will stuff up less and take the field.

I see the bigger problems being:
Will Luai be willing to go Center if Fainu/Galvin or Sullivan click? NO
Can he transition to 7? Maybe. Will Benji Marshall be able to guide him on how to move from 5/8 to 7 HELL NO!
Are there going to be gun backrowers that Luai can play off like Brian Too/Crichton/Tyrone May/etc. Probably not but Luai has played with Staines and Naden before. I wonder if adding him to their mix if Luai can wind back their clock a bit??

They have lost a lot of strike weapons and as tough and physical as they are, I don’t think points will come as easy to them as they once did.
Will they have the same hunger for success after being at the top of the mountain for so long ?
Luai didn’t look happy, not his usual Jack in the box self.
Applaud your confidence and conviction. As you say, we need our Jack in the box to think outside the box and be hungry to climb mountains. It's FACT!

Absolute crazy talk.

Luai would be an upgrade to the half combinations of all bar maybe Melbourne and Brisbane. Even then he would be on par rather than a downgrade.

He's a top tier half and we're lucky to have got him. Won't mean anything though if we don't improve our squad and attitude.

His role at Penrith is left edge, thought he took the right options and looked good. I think he does a lot of selfless stuff both off the ball and with. I'm not a happy clapper but it's easy to say a half doesn't look good in a zero point game.

Only valid point is that penrith's attack almost entirely runs through yeo and Cleary, if luai is playing that role at tigers we don't yet know if he can do that consistently. I don't think there's any evidence to suggest he can't, though.
Thought Mitch Kenny being out as well as Luke Garner making the worst line running were big reasons penrith lost. May was outstanding

I hope we don't have to put up with this all season long
It's all ready been said... Strange for me I found myself backing him a bit even tho I tipped storm and I hate penrith

My thoughts watching the game kept going to what will.be his reaction when he finallly gets to concord in November... I fear he will not fit in with our motley mob but then I think of a core of Api, Bula and hopefully a settled working halves combo by then (whoever they are) and he will fit in better
I wonder if he knows what he's in for?
I wonder if I'm over reacting

One things for sure I don't wanna see this within the first 5 mins like the saints trial that we haven't turned up
You are not over reacting Ink. Maybe Benji was? But again. I feel Luai is not 100% fit. But what do I know? Not his doctor, nor his coach, wouldn't have a clue.

Looks promising he was overweight, didn’t want the ball, when it did come to him he preferred to shovel it off to Cleary rather than take on any responsibility himself, last play options were atrocious and some bad misses in defence.
We can only hope something is still going down, he doesn’t want to be there and that’s what is the reason why he was so lacklustre.
How much should he weigh? Just curious. What fitness tips would you give a fat 5/8?

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Attitude wise I kinda get it.. Imagine breaking up with your girlfriend but saying "hey we will stay together for the next 6 months!" You both are now in Akward hell.

I suspect Penrith a burned out. I mean what are they playing for now? 4 Premierships? They have been running hard for so long.... Cleary needs to manage this cautiously and he has either told the team to take a break OR he is burning out his team and hasn't realised.

Reactions: BZN

Latest posts

Back