Some mail

So the big scoop is your friends friend just said what everyone's been saying for years. We need decent halves. Cool inside bro.

No big scoop at all and certainly didn't claim to have a big scoop. The convo left me feeling better so I thought I'd pass it on as we are all feeling crap about the team we support. If it didn't help you feel any better Winston, then that's ok, can't help everyone. Your probably someone who gets let in when changing lanes and doesn't give a thankyou wave.

So the big scoop is your friends friend just said what everyone's been saying for years. We need decent halves. Cool inside bro.
No bud, his info is the playing groups moral, which is very important. Personally I think our defence needs work as it stands back a lot waiting instead of having better line speed. It’s not just the halves that a the problem!

Reactions: BZN
I had a chat today to a guy who's mum is really close to this woman who cuts the hair of this guy who walks the dog of a guy who drives the truck that picks up Tim Sheens rubbish bin.

He reckon the group is in a great place too, well, apart from the fact the group is 0 and 5.

No big scoop at all and certainly didn't claim to have a big scoop. The convo left me feeling better so I thought I'd pass it on as we are all feeling crap about the team we support. If it didn't help you feel any better Winston, then that's ok, can't help everyone. Your probably someone who gets let in when changing lanes and doesn't give a thankyou wave.
Hate those people. One of the biggest things to shit me on the road. I've been honing my Darth Vader choke for a few years now in retaliation. It's nearly ready

I understand our crapness, culminating in the jersey has riled people up, but seriously having a crack at everyone and everything isn't really the answer.

Thanks for sharing @king_sirro, and thanks for putting all the disclaimers, unlike some.

About 5 times a year there is a thread saying "must win game" usually about staying in touch with the 8. This time they need to win this one to stop fans getting arrested. I'm predicting golden point loss to a 60 MTR fieldgoal from junior Paulo.

Talk is cheap.
All of this was said in the off season.
Show us on the field.

I understand our crapness, culminating in the jersey has riled people up, but seriously having a crack at everyone and everything isn't really the answer.

Thanks for sharing @king_sirro, and thanks for putting all the disclaimers, unlike some.

About 5 times a year there is a thread saying "must win game" usually about staying in touch with the 8. This time they need to win this one to stop fans getting arrested. I'm predicting golden point loss to a 60 MTR fieldgoal from junior Paulo.
If we don’t lose by 30, Parra need to be investigated for match fixing.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's how internal camp feels, but what I can't get my head around is the team has looked it's best with Deouhi and Wakeham in the halves (trial against Canberra). I know it's just a trial, but blind Freddy can see that Brooks isn't working in the halves. Whether it's confidence, ability, combinations etc...it's not working. If they play him there all year, they won't win a game.

To add to this, there's comparisons between the Tigers and the Dolphins and questions around why the Dolphins can get it together. To be frank, Wayne Bennett couldn't get this team with Brooks in it to fire, but one thing is for sure, he'd drop him....just like he did with Anthony Milford.

Am not sure on this, but I think the knock back was for this year as he has a great chance to win Super League. I think we will have Pearce next year
Why would you leave league leading catalans to come to cellar dwelling tigers?? No way is that any sort of enticement

Blind Freddy didn’t miss Wakehams last two performances against Brisbane and Melbourne.
True, but he's played bugger all first grade and he's next to Brooks. Everyone seems to struggle with him unless they are able to completely control the game.

I appreciate your info KS,it always makes you feel better with some positive input even though many of us are not just frustrated but down right angry atm...Winston has only vented what many have known for years about Luke,and I have been a critic of Lukes for years as well as given him credit on the odd occasion..
The one question I will ask not just you but all on the forum is..
If Sheens said Luke is our 7 and didnt let him go why is Brooks playing like a busted arse and gone backwards under his coaching,lets face it he has the club icon in the coaching ranks and played beside him for years,wouldnt you think Benji would know his game by now and develope it ??
I think for all the coaching praises that Sheens got over the years he lacks in the man management department and this is maybe where the problem lies....
I suppose we should just sit back and see if this coaching experiment works out,hopefully once again "short term pain for long term gain"and maybe an improvement on the field will get us some wins this season..cheers mate....

If Sheens said Luke is our 7 and didnt let him go why is Brooks playing like a busted arse and gone backwards under his coaching,lets face it he has the club icon in the coaching ranks and played beside him for years,wouldnt you think Benji would know his game by now and develope it ??

Mate I'll explain it. Brooks has a certain amount of talent and he plays a certain game. It's not coaching that'll fix him or his teammates or anything like that.

The real issue is that as bad as Brooks has been the alternative options have been significantly worse. It's not close either.

All the noise out of the club backed up by who they are targeting in recruitment also suggests that the club recognizes that problem we have with our halfback. I'll go even further and state we don't have a ball player at the club and Sheens even mentioned this.

Another point is that Sheens hasn't really stated Luke is our 7. He is picking him there but he is actively recruiting for that role. So short term and I agree with this and so should any unbiased fan is that Brooks is our best option in the halves. Longer term we need a quality 7 and Brooks isn't that guy.

I appreciate your info KS,it always makes you feel better with some positive input even though many of us are not just frustrated but down right angry atm...Winston has only vented what many have known for years about Luke,and I have been a critic of Lukes for years as well as given him credit on the odd occasion..
The one question I will ask not just you but all on the forum is..
I think for all the coaching praises that Sheens got over the years he lacks in the man management department and this is maybe where the problem lies....
I suppose we should just sit back and see if this coaching experiment works out,hopefully once again "short term pain for long term gain"and maybe an improvement on the field will get us some wins this season..cheers mate....
Spot on, “ man management “ a key phrase.
Look at the greats Gibson, Bennett, Bellamy , Robinson and numerous others, they have super man management skills built on empathy and understanding combined with individual and group goals.
One of the hardest leadership skills but oh so important.

Mate I'll explain it. Brooks has a certain amount of talent and he plays a certain game. It's not coaching that'll fix him or his teammates or anything like that.

The real issue is that as bad as Brooks has been the alternative options have been significantly worse. It's not close either.

All the noise out of the club backed up by who they are targeting in recruitment also suggests that the club recognizes that problem we have with our halfback. I'll go even further and state we don't have a ball player at the club and Sheens even mentioned this.

Another point is that Sheens hasn't really stated Luke is our 7. He is picking him there but he is actively recruiting for that role. So short term and I agree with this and so should any unbiased fan is that Brooks is our best option in the halves. Longer term we need a quality 7 and Brooks isn't that guy.
Earl my point is and I agree with your post,that last year Sheens stated Brooks isnt going anywhere he is our halfback...so if he is our halfback then why now are we looking for a replacement,maybe Sheens spoke to soon and once again it shows favouritism...not arguing with you Earl as I recognise he is the only option in many peoples eyes,but to be fair Wakeham came late,has had little pre season,played well with AD in the trial but because he has had that limited time with the team is classed as a no hoper without some real time to prove himself ...the only time so far has been under pressure and has been ordinary,however Brooks has been ordinary for a far longer time and on much bigger money...So I suppose Sheens and co are starting to realise we wont win games with LB in the halves...

Earl my point is and I agree with your post,that last year Sheens stated Brooks isnt going anywhere he is our halfback...so if he is our halfback then why now are we looking for a replacement,maybe Sheens spoke to soon and once again it shows favouritism...not arguing with you Earl as I recognise he is the only option in many peoples eyes,but to be fair Wakeham came late,has had little pre season,played well with AD in the trial but because he has had that limited time with the team is classed as a no hoper without some real time to prove himself ...the only time so far has been under pressure and has been ordinary,however Brooks has been ordinary for a far longer time and on much bigger money...So I suppose Sheens and co are starting to realise we wont win games with LB in the halves...
But we keep picking him. What’s that line about the definition of insanity ….
Our coaching team are obviously insane.
And the impact on the rest of the squad of having this mill stone around their necks ?
Complete loss of confidence and subconscious lack of full effort.
The implications of that one decision have impact right across our club. Imo it would be easier to write him a cheque for money owing and say farewell.
It would not hurt us in any way !

Back