SOO I 2020 *Spoliers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally disillusioned that Freddie didn't play Isaiah Yeo, has been close to the best and most consistent forward in the comp this year. Poor decision Brad.
Too much "earthing", not enough thought put into selections.

@JoshColeman99 said in [SOO I 2020 \*Spoliers](/post/1258598) said:
How many games has Cleary played in origin? No tries no try assists no line break assists. All he does is kick goals
And tackle

Lol funny what hate makes you see.

Cleary is one of, if not THE, best half back in the game at the moment.

Not sure what people expect, but all players have average games in them. Apart from Cam Smith, but he's just a freak.

Agree-had a gutful of that Channel 9 cabal. Won't be doing the game any favours if overseas audience have to listen to these insular bores. Goulds self important three word sentences drive me nuts.

How many games has Cleary played in origin? No tries no try assists no line break assists. All he does is kick goals
And tackle

And he missed important goals last night, so he can’t do that very well either.

Blind Freddy could tell the Blues weren’t safe with a 10 point lead. There’s nothing Bennett likes more than going into the shed at the break, his team down on the scoreboard, full of rookies with various expectations of what the coach may be thinking. He loves it. Once he even tried to convince the Bunnies they were behind when they were in front. Qld came out of the sheds revitalised, while Fittler’s halves in particular had no answer. Cleary was clumsy at times, while Keary tried hard in the second half without success.

I blew up at the end too, I don't think we would have scored as the Blues seemed to have no clue at all.................pass out to JAC's wing and hope for the best was all we had.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin/teams/new-south-wales/state-of-origin-2020-blues-robbed-gerard-sutton-final-play-nsw-vs-qld-maroons-vs-blues/news-story/66da9b02d9b8f14c1a37d6372a4d66f9?fbclid=IwAR16C3tkYihjuetctPjRZ2pZm-duvGtB49547_vsb-yhW5uxS2fSbbwHzRA

‘Totally lost it’: Cronk roasts ref blunder on final play as Kent calls for Sutton to be axed
New South Wales
Mark St John

Cooper Cronk believes the Blues were robbed of one last chance to square the scores in Origin I as Paul Kent called for referee Gerard Sutton to be dropped for the rest of the series.

In a crazy final minute with the Blues trailing 18-14 the Maroons tried to slow down the ball, which resulted in Felise Kaufusi being sin-binned and Queensland laying on James Tedesco in what turned out to be the final tackle of the game.

However the Blues appeared to clear the ball before the clock expired and Cronk believes Sutton got the crucial final call wrong.

“Just that controversial little finish there towards the end,” Cronk said.

“Kaufusi that was the right call he had to go off. But with a couple of seconds to go there was about five Queensland Maroons basically giving away the penalty waiting for the clock to run down.

“Gerard Sutton should have blown a penalty and given NSW maybe two seconds to set up for one play because that was an infringement that needed to be pulled up.”

Paul Kent went further by suggesting that Sutton should be axed for the remainder of the series after losing control of the final moments of the Origin opener.

“Gerard Sutton needs to lose the game for the next game,” Kent said.

“He shouldn’t control Origin again after that. He totally lost it there.

“Kaufusi was just belligerent and refused to go off the field and pretended he didn’t know what was going on. Sutton should have got him off.

“And then in the last minute NSW actually passed the ball with time on the clock from dummyhalf. Then the siren rang with the ball in play and he whistled full-time.

“It doesn’t make sense.”

And tackle

And dance like a 6 year old.

@twentyforty said in [SOO I 2020 \*Spoliers](/post/1258646) said:
Blind Freddy could tell the Blues weren’t safe with a 10 point lead. There’s nothing Bennett likes more than going into the shed at the break, his team down on the scoreboard, full of rookies with various expectations of what the coach may be thinking. He loves it. Once he even tried to convince the Bunnies they were behind when they were in front. Qld came out of the sheds revitalised, while Fittler’s halves in particular had no answer. Cleary was clumsy at times, while Keary tried hard in the second half without success.

Cleary is a good times half. Only good when the team is going good. Wouldn’t get team out of trouble. He should stick to TikTok.

@Red88_Tiger said in [SOO I 2020 \*Spoliers](/post/1258578) said:
Capewell was the only one with origin plays imo. The rest felt like a club game.

Gagai was back to his SOO form. Loved it when he turned tedddy inside out to send Coates over.

I don't think I've ever been this apathetic towards SOO. I watched because it was football but it was a bludger of a game and I had zero emotional investment. I spent more time looking at the US election results than I did the game.

@Tigerdave said in [SOO I 2020 \*Spoliers](/post/1258647) said:
I blew up at the end too, I don't think we would have scored as the Blues seemed to have no clue at all.................pass out to JAC's wing and hope for the best was all we had.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/state-of-origin/teams/new-south-wales/state-of-origin-2020-blues-robbed-gerard-sutton-final-play-nsw-vs-qld-maroons-vs-blues/news-story/66da9b02d9b8f14c1a37d6372a4d66f9?fbclid=IwAR16C3tkYihjuetctPjRZ2pZm-duvGtB49547_vsb-yhW5uxS2fSbbwHzRA

‘Totally lost it’: Cronk roasts ref blunder on final play as Kent calls for Sutton to be axed
New South Wales
Mark St John

Cooper Cronk believes the Blues were robbed of one last chance to square the scores in Origin I as Paul Kent called for referee Gerard Sutton to be dropped for the rest of the series.

In a crazy final minute with the Blues trailing 18-14 the Maroons tried to slow down the ball, which resulted in Felise Kaufusi being sin-binned and Queensland laying on James Tedesco in what turned out to be the final tackle of the game.

However the Blues appeared to clear the ball before the clock expired and Cronk believes Sutton got the crucial final call wrong.

“Kaufusi that was the right call he had to go off. But with a couple of seconds to go there was about five Queensland Maroons basically giving away the penalty waiting for the clock to run down.

“Gerard Sutton should have blown a penalty and given NSW maybe two seconds to set up for one play because that was an infringement that needed to be pulled up.”

Paul Kent went further by suggesting that Sutton should be axed for the remainder of the series after losing control of the final moments of the Origin opener.

“Kaufusi was just belligerent and refused to go off the field and pretended he didn’t know what was going on. Sutton should have got him off.

“And then in the last minute NSW actually passed the ball with time on the clock from dummyhalf. Then the siren rang with the ball in play and he whistled full-time.

“It doesn’t make sense.”

Yah that was really bizarre. Even with them slowing that last tackle down intentionally he played it in time.

@Moh said in [SOO I 2020 \*Spoliers](/post/1258674) said:
@Tigerdave said in [SOO I 2020 \*Spoliers](/post/1258647) said:

New South Wales
Mark St John

“It doesn’t make sense.”

Yah that was really bizarre. Even with them slowing that last tackle down intentionally he played it in time.

I know I shouldn’t think this.. sometimes it feels like the refs are employed by the media outlets?

@Moh said in [SOO I 2020 \*Spoliers](/post/1258641) said:

He just never performs on the big stage.

Besides, saying he is the best half in the game at the moment is not saying much.

@fibrodreaming said in [SOO I 2020 \*Spoliers](/post/1258682) said:
@Moh said in [SOO I 2020 \*Spoliers](/post/1258641) said:

Besides, saying he is the best half in the game at the moment is not saying much.

He'd be first picked week to week in the NRL, but his performances in the 2 biggest games of the year were chokesque.

@fibrodreaming said in [SOO I 2020 \*Spoliers](/post/1258682) said:

The Chin is a good player but one dimensional. He plays a very structured game, Luai's the one who gives Penrith the flair and unpredicatability.

Cleary's pet play is to drift across field then accelerate and creep outside the defenders creating a gap on the edges. For Penrith, where it's well rehearsed and they have outstanding edge runners this works a treat. His other strength is his attacking kicking game where he can land it on the proverbial dime. Once again it's good chasers that make him look good.

He's young and I'm sure he'll get better but right now I don't see him as the leading half in the game. There's not enough strings to his bow and wise opposition coaches will coach him out of the game.

@mike said in [SOO I 2020 \*Spoliers](/post/1258542) said:
Both centres, being players out of position, got shown up in defence. Halves were terrible. It’s clear Cleary is a good time half only, can’t do anything when the team is down.

Did more than ramjet imo.
I didn’t get into that game. Felt like a club game. S as a far as origin plays capewell was the only one that managed anything.

Took a while to get kicking going last night as he had a lot of pressure coming his way. There was also a couple of times he wasn’t in position for the kick

1st games of SOO games are usually ugly affairs footy wise ...some blokes may have had 3 training sessions with opposition players and were coming of GF wins ..what do people expect .....really some people are clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back