Spotted: David Hollis having lunch with Tigers officials

He'd be a NSW cup signing if anything... Was a highly touted schoolboy. Decent for depth

Hey just thought you'd be interested.

My friend runs a cafe in the area and he said to me David Hollis (eels player) was in his cafe with Tigers officials discussing a move to the tigers.

Friend didnt hear the conversation but described Davids body language as 'apprehensive'.
Hey mate thanks for posting.
Sorry if I sounded like a doubting Thomas in one of my responses.
I was generally speaking about the media or the public and not so much your friend when they say someone has been sighted talking to the club's "officials"
Media can get away with quoting crap when they don't give a name like Sheens or Pascoe etc.
👍

The Hollis rumour has been doing the rounds for a couple of weeks.

I asked a Parra mate about him and he said he was in their flegg team for half of the year but went MIA after that (probably dropped). Also said he is a good player but just not physical enough.

Heard whispers he's homesick and wants to go back home to the farm
- If not already gone home...
Hasn't come on at all....

He's well behind Werimu Greig at Parra, Who's well behind Makatoa (Even Ogden)
Might be a bit young still

This is not an issue as the ones we have signed are also apprehensive or should I say disrespectful.

Good depth signing if it is to come through, however agree we need some experienced hard head like a Klemmer to steer the young ones and show what it takes to get prepared.

Development club! Meh- low risk, low investment. If it works, great. If it doesn't, that's ok- there are plenty of guys coming through.

You can't 'develop' natural size or natural speed though.

Similar player - Probably a step back if anything...
Slow, No footwork or passing - Just big...
Hopefully nsw cup only like you said.....

Would be nice to win all grades like Penirth though...

Seems they fill the reggies team with plodders as well.

Hopefully nsw cup only like you said.....

Would be nice to win all grades like Penirth though...

Seems they fill the reggies team with plodders as well.

Yeah - dunno about that…
The likes of Eisenhuth, Jennings, Hopgood, O’Sullivan, Chris smith etc… are streets ahead of the likes of Dias.

Turuva has been considered the next big thing for some time (the reason Laurie and Staines are moved on) killed it for Fiji in rep round..
Some of the other guys are mid level players - not NRL full timers but better than most ressies.

We got a ways to go before we’re anywhere near that level of a club - I sometimes think there’s too much stock put into reserve grade and 20’s… my opinion is its there to fuel the NrL side only…

Hey just thought you'd be interested.

My friend runs a cafe in the area and he said to me David Hollis (eels player) was in his cafe with Tigers officials discussing a move to the tigers.

Friend didnt hear the conversation but described Davids body language as 'apprehensive'.
Key indication of a future tigers signing....apprehension

Latest posts

Members online

Back