Squad overhaul

@trentrunciman said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159303) said:
Do you guys think as a club we have changed for the better? Just feels like the same very year...

just challenging supporting this club. Losing to like the worst clubs in the NRL and beating the best...

I agree , but beating the best sides ......us beating that Roosters side ....no ...I won't be surprised barring injuries that the Roosters go undefeated from now on

With the exception being Madge, I think we suffer from small club mentality.
I read a comment someone made about us, as fans, knowing fully well the year what we've got ourselves in for. This is eaxctly what's unaccapetable.
I'm totally over criticising players for their lack of footy IQ or their ability to display a basic play. Think I'd mostly be content knowing we have team who believe in their own ability, trust the man beside them on that field and most importantly the coaches game plan. I've said it before the only thing I can find fault in is Madge's bench but just maybe he has a plan that's far from being executed due to the players lack of commitment.

Despite the mish-mesh of players Ivan in had in the team, we only appeared super-slow and not nearly as disjointed. Doesn't that come from the team's faith in each other, just as much as their ability to complete/compete?

@Lauren said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159349) said:
With the exception being Madge, I think we suffer from small club mentality.
**I read a comment someone made about us, as fans, knowing fully well the year what we've got ourselves in for. This is eaxctly what's unaccapetable.**
I'm totally over criticising players for their lack of footy IQ or their ability to display a basic play. Think I'd mostly be content knowing we have team who believe in their own ability, trust the man beside them on that field and most importantly the coaches game plan. I've said it before the only thing I can find fault in is Madge's bench but just maybe he has a plan that's far from being executed due to the players lack of commitment.

Despite the mish-mesh of players Ivan in had in the team, we only appeared super-slow and not nearly as disjointed. Doesn't that come from the team's faith in each other, just as much as their ability to complete/compete?

Well said Lauren, I was taken aback that a fan would think that way.

@JoshColeman99 said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159074) said:
As someone else mentioned the roster overhaul has begun. Madge has started moving on guys and has signed quite a lot of young talent. Hopefully in the future we can land a marquee signing to help us out even more. A rebuild takes time

EXACTLY it all takes time Madge is in his second year most coaches have a 3 to 5 year plan once the remaining over paid players are gone then we can start pointing the finger

@iofthetigers said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159359) said:
What a difference a week makes

Last week brooks and Benji were really good this week people want them both dropped. Once we win again people will forget it all, then we lose and it’s the same things again. The life of a footy fan

Here's my 2021 Overhaul team .. with the players we already have:
1. Adam Doueihi
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Joseph Leilua
4. Reece Hoffman
5. Zac Cini
6. Tommy Talau
7. Jock Madden
8. Josh Aloiai
9. Jake Simpkin
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Shawn Blore
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Alex Twal
14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Alex Seyfarth
16. Stefano Utoikamanu
17. Mathieson Johns
18. Luke Garner
19. Oliver Clark
20. Michael Chee-Kam
21. Kane Bradley
22. William Kei
23. Billy Walters
24. Sam McIntyre

** Players left out we dont need for now .. ;-)

Like it except madden , is not a 1st grade player , and I doubt talau is either .

@TigerSkins said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159366) said:
1. Adam Doueihi
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Joseph Leilua
4. Reece Hoffman
5. Zac Cini
6. Tommy Talau
7. Jock Madden
8. Josh Aloiai
9. Jake Simpkin
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Shawn Blore
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Alex Twal
14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Alex Seyfarth
16. Kane Bradley
17. Mathieson Johns
18. Luke Garner
19. Oliver Clark
20. Michael Chee-Kam

Stefano will be in there, so to MBye, plus we will eventually buy someone

Stefano will be in there, so to MBye, plus we will eventually buy someone

oh yeah .. i have edited my team :)

@Geo said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159320) said:
@gallagher said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159318) said:
Do you guys think as a club we have changed for the better? Just feels like the same very year...

just challenging supporting this club. Losing to like the worst clubs in the NRL and beating the best...

Nothing's changed in my time following Wests since the 80s. A change in location, a splash of orange but still a club that can't succeed. And there's nothing pointing to that changing, not even a gym.

Well it did Once in 40 years..

That was the Tigers Geo
Not wests
?
You have to laugh mate otherwise we will all go bonkers

It gets depressing far to often as a Tigers fan
Year after year you wait for the season to start hoping and praying that this is the year we do well
I am ageing quickly and will need to find a new intrest unless Madge can turn things around in the next year or two
I don't want to go through another coach without success and have to start again
Let Madge have his rebuild
2 more years to get a team that will play finals consistently
It's sink or swim time for me
And I'm getting tired

Haha @gallagher. Long gone are the head in the sand days.
In all seriousness though, I just want to be a fan who only sees pride and fighting spirit in each and every game, no one cares for excuses. Especially fans.
It's a bit disheartening to see that we seem flat most games and lack urgency where it matters. I'm overly disappointed that (some) of our boys just cannot overcome an apparent mental hurdle that only they can control.

@Geo said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159339) said:
Last year Tommy was out for a good part of the season especially the early part…as well as FB and Taupau at different stages…they had Brendon Elliot at Fullback and 5 different halves partners for DCE …mostly half a dozen game rookies…they performed just about every week regardless of who was there…not 1 in 8 weeks…

Mate we'd START Brendan Elliot at fullback.

@happy_tiger said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159338) said:
Tell me how often did a Cronk , Thurston , Johns have a 5/10 …

Well Thurston had 5/10 with some frequency to be honest, esp playing against us. He was v. good but couldn't lift his team over the line if he didn't have 4-5 other decent first graders going with him.

But sure, Brooks is definitely not in the same echelon as Cronk, Thurston or Johns. How many 5/10s has DCE had, or Chad Townsend or Mitch Moses?

I think we are improving for the better. Just very slowly.

We have signed some promising young juniors, we just need to get some good experience to be there around them when they come through in a year or so. If we can get that, some good experienced players, we will start to be a Top 8 team then (in a year or two).

That's how the plan looks anyway.

@trentrunciman said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159325) said:
@Tcat said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159308) said:
Just wondering if anyone ever notices any of our players ripping into the team after a try has been scored against us? Every time I look at the team standing there waiting for the concersion, they all just seem to stand there like mongs. I want a leader (a James Graham type, I know bad example considering the dragons position but you know what I mean) that has passion and the ability to try and lift this team when it's down and out. I don't see Benji, Brookes or Mbye doing it. So who is gonna stand up and rip in and lead this team? Somebody, please stand up.

probably not the best to chastise team mates.

I hated it when team mates did that to me when i played touch and oz tag...

Don't need to chastise team mates, but rev them up, inspire them. Say to them, 'Come on, let's smash them. Follow me!'

We will get a overhaul at seasons end. We have some 6 players off contract and ova.t realistically see most of them being offered extension. I also think they will continue to try to offload Reynolds and Packer unless they do something startling in the next month or so. Mbye I think will stay but I'd sure like to see a position he stamps as his own and excels in it for his $$$$$.

P.S. we should also be active in the hunt for a good halfback either from ESL or here.

@JD-Tiger said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159444) said:
@trentrunciman said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159325) said:
@Tcat said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159308) said:
Just wondering if anyone ever notices any of our players ripping into the team after a try has been scored against us? Every time I look at the team standing there waiting for the concersion, they all just seem to stand there like mongs. I want a leader (a James Graham type, I know bad example considering the dragons position but you know what I mean) that has passion and the ability to try and lift this team when it's down and out. I don't see Benji, Brookes or Mbye doing it. So who is gonna stand up and rip in and lead this team? Somebody, please stand up.

probably not the best to chastise team mates.

I hated it when team mates did that to me when i played touch and oz tag...

Don't need to chastise team mates, but rev them up, inspire them. Say to them, 'Come on, let's smash them. Follow me!'

true mate.

good point

@TigerSkins said in [Squad overhaul](/post/1159366) said:
1. Adam Doueihi
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Joseph Leilua
4. Reece Hoffman
5. Zac Cini
6. Tommy Talau
7. Jock Madden
8. Josh Aloiai
9. Jake Simpkin
10. Zane Musgrove
11. Shawn Blore
12. Luciano Leilua
13. Alex Twal
14. Thomas Mikaele
15. Alex Seyfarth
16. Stefano Utoikamanu
17. Mathieson Johns
18. Luke Garner
19. Oliver Clark
20. Michael Chee-Kam
21. Kane Bradley
22. William Kei
23. Billy Walters
24. Sam McIntyre

** Players left out we dont need for now .. ;-)

And this was the point I was making in my thread , it all well and good to have good young talent , but where is the experience in that forward pack , a leader , a hard head . The need time to develop alongside experience , look at the broncos they have the best young talented pack but they can’t compete against the balanced packs that have mixture of youth and experience . Same with that backline

Back