Stake your reputation

tigerballs

Okay... Brooks, Madge, Liddle, lovers/haters etc optimists/pessimists, season 2022, if you've got the nerve, all you experts please make your predictions here for the first 10 rounds:
Will Brooks pass/fail
Lids pass/fail
Hastings pass/fail
Will Madge post a winning or losing record
Will Musgrove start with Stef
Will Twal start at all
Starting centres

The only certainty imo is we will struggle. There will be shining lights like Stefano, but for the most part it’s gonna be a hard year. The ice Madge is standing on will only get thinner and thinner as the year goes on.

Looking at the first 10 rounds...

STORM, Home
KNIGHTS, Away
Warriors, Home
Titans, Away
Sharks, Away
Eels, Away
Rabbits, Home
Dragons, Away
Manly, Away
Cowboys, Away

It's quite a pleasant draw.
Storm weakened in round 1...
I could see us easily winning 4-6 from 10.
So in Madge's favour.

We seem to fire in the early rounds.
So perhaps....

Brooks - acceptable, not spectacular
Liddle - acceptable, not spectacular
Both hopefully gone in 2023, Api, Simpkin and Tannous should have us covered.
Hastings - pass

Twal and Stef to start
Centres, probably know more after trials but likely Oliver Gildart and Starford To'a if he impresses in trials.

@tigerballs said in [Stake your reputation](/post/1523339) said:
Okay... Brooks, Madge, Liddle, lovers/haters etc optimists/pessimists, season 2022, if you've got the nerve, all you experts please make your predictions here for the first 10 rounds:
Will Brooks pass/fail
Lids pass/fail
Hastings pass/fail
Will Twal start at all
Starting centres

Brooks - pass - Hastings will take control and he’ll be more comfortable
Lids - fail - Simpkins will be slowly taking over
Hastings - pass - will add a lot to the team
Madge - 5 and 5 record after 10 rounds
Musgrove - will barely play a game all season
Twal - cornerstone of the pack
Starting centres round 1 - Gildart and Roberts (our centres are very poor).

Will Brooks pass
Lids fail
Hastings pass
Will Madge post a winning or losing record - winning
Will Musgrove start with Stef - hopefully
Will Twal start at all - staring prop or rotation
Starting centres, gonna be brand new pairing, staford gildart

We will struggle as a team.
Our backline is terrible (AD, AJ, Talau gone) we have yet another spine combo, no forward game breaker and will be carved up.

3 home games in our 1st 10 games sucks.

I am hopeful and have high expectations for the whole team except for one player on that list, that is Musgrove, his lack of efforts when he was playing last season, and with his many public misdemeanour, he can not be rated as a pass, but i do hope he performs better on and off the field .

Brooks will pass (Hastings will be the main organiser give brooks free roam)
Hastings- pass will be taking control of the team will be cap by the end of the year
Liddle-Fail i see him leaving mid year to newy
Madge will post a 5 - 4 Record
Musgrove will be on the bench
Twal will start with Stef and Sub off with Musgrove
Starting centres will be To'a and Gildart To'a on Nofos side and Gildart on King Kens side

Every year it's the same. I have such high hopes and they get shattered. Been happening so long it's hard to be a Tigers fan, yet we're still all here.
I'll start believing when we are finals bound.
Until then I'll try not to get too invested.

If the team continues to not respond to Madge, he will be gone before halfway point. Brooks either gone or not playing 7.
Liddle is on borrowed time. Any other players who aren't up to scratch can bugger off to the dolphins. Shifty has got his work cut out. Hope he can do it before we give him a heart attack.

1. After the 10rds we sit
4-6.
2. Knights sit second last with no Pearce and Jayden Bradley long stint on sidelines with Achilles Strain.
3. Gildard and Maumalo score 10 tries between them [hedging bets]
4. Jackson Hastings gets 3 man of the match awards by any media eg nine, fox etc
5. Jackson Hastings plays 2 games at ½back
6. The tiges win two on the trot at some stage but once again not three
7. The only way we can beat teams is with forward muscle [backs will be ok to score an average to win most games] so I'm expecting big things from Musgrove if he can pull his head in and get back that aggression we saw at Souths, supported by Blore, Stef, Mikaele, Joffa and Alex.
8. The loss of Talau not a problem, his defense wasn't that hot IMO and To'a, Roberts or even Tupou can cover that, so I expect those 3 to play at some stage [safe bet]
9. Comes before 10
10. Comes after 9

@tigerballs said in [Stake your reputation](/post/1523339) said:
Will Brooks pass/fail
Lids pass/fail
Hastings pass/fail
Will Twal start at all
Starting centres

Brooks pass/fail: I think Hastings will bring out the best in him
Lids pass/fail: Scrapes a pass, but Simpkin will take his place over the course of the season.
Hastings: Pass with high distinction. Dux of the class.
Will Madge post a winning or losing record: Winning
Will Musgrove start with Stef: May not start but the Grove will have a big year.
Will Twal start at all: Yes
Starting centres. Oli G (the man) and To'a. Junior Tupou will force his way into17 over the course of the season though, and he will be a revelation.

IMHO, the level of our success will depend largely on the thing that has been eluding Madge, combinations.
The pivotal combination of course is Madge himself, and Sheens. I see the leadership shown by these two successful coaches having a very positive affect on the players.
The other combo is Hastings/Brooks, if the first one is working this will work too.
Twal to score. Yes, you heard it here first.
Musgrove to have a breakout season, holding the ball tight and running from the back fence.
We play finals footy this year.
After 10 rounds we are 5/5.

@twentyforty said in [Stake your reputation](/post/1523383) said:
IMHO, the level of our success will depend largely on the thing that has been eluding Madge, combinations.
The pivotal combination of course is Madge himself, and Sheens. I see the leadership shown by these two successful coaches having a very positive affect on the players.
The other combo is Hastings/Brooks, if the first one is working this will work too.
Twal to score. Yes, you heard it here first.
Musgrove to have a breakout season, holding the ball tight and running from the back fence.
We play finals footy this year.
After 10 rounds we are 5/5.

Atta boy

@mighty_tiger said in [Stake your reputation](/post/1523345) said:
We will struggle as a team.
Our backline is terrible (AD, AJ, Talau gone) we have yet another spine combo, no forward game breaker and will be carved up.

3 home games in our 1st 10 games sucks.

Yeah the backs a big concern
I feel similar.

Looking forward to Hastings hope.he goes well

hopefully no Nofoaluma, and Roberts from the start, ideally they would be
playing somewhere at the north of UK, or Samoa!

Will Brooks = pass
Lids = pass
Hastings = pass
Will Madge post a winning or losing record = winning
Will Musgrove start with Stef = yes
Will Twal start at all = Yes, as lock, then will get subbed by Peachey. He will then be part of the front row rotation
Starting centres = Gildart and T'oa

@innsaneink said in [Stake your reputation](/post/1523387) said:
Looking forward to Hastings hope.he goes well

I'm not making predictions because I have no idea how things will turn out. I expect a poor season but they may surprise us on the upside.

I'm looking forward to Hastings in the team along with the new centre options that we have.

Back