STREAMING FINDS and RECOMENDATIONS

Thanks Suzie - just watched The Last Daughter on your recommendation.

As someone brought up in a caring but secretive adoptive family in Sydney without any knowledge of my biological family roots in Moree until my 20s it struck a chord.

For a very different Australian documentary on Netflix - have you watched Last Stop Larrimah?

Love the NT - and this doco is a real Territory story!
Snide, I missed your reply. I hope it wasn't too much ...

I've been skipping over Last Stop Larrimah, but I think I'll put it on now.

Yellowjackets…quite a messed up little story.
Not bad considering the themes it’s taken on.

@Snidest 0
Wow! How can such a tiny place be so screwed up 😳 shheeetttttt
Remote towns like this attract a wide variety of people who all exhibit similar traits…they are running from another life. On the surface they are knock about larrikins who enjoy a drink and sharing time with mates. Scratch that surface and do some research and you’ll find some sordid histories.
It doesn’t surprise me in the slightest that these people distrusted, backstabbed and hated each other to such a degree that the law couldn’t decipher the bullshit from 10 people and find Paddy’s killer.
I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that they all knew but kept it quiet for their own reasons.

Second season of jack reacher is now out. Also watched The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on my daughter-in-law’s recommendation - change of pace but very enjoyable.

426 - wow! All those names that were in the headlines late 70s - early 80s. All in on it. It definitely needs to be reinvestigated. I forgot how corrupt NSW was then.
Yeah still the same corruption is everywhere. Recently watched a documentary on the robbery at Packers office where the thieves got away with millions in gold. Never recovered and never found.

Just watched 2 episodes tonight of Nathan Fielders show from 2022. No idea how I missed it. The Rehearsal. So awkward and cringy and bloody funny.

If you ever watched Nathan for You, youll love The Rehearsal.

Just watched 2 episodes tonight of Nathan Fielders show from 2022. No idea how I missed it. The Rehearsal. So awkward and cringy and bloody funny.

If you ever watched Nathan for You, youll love The Rehearsal.
Not familiar with this guy, very dead pan style.
Looks interesting.

Back