Tahu out of Origin.... Monaghan in

I have made my comments previously about this topic but REALLY???? there are some people in this forum like TAHU who are symbolic of "everything that is now wrong with society". There are "black gangs, arab gangs,asian gangs,bikie gangs running rampant in our streets because it is "politically correct" too over react about things that are "said" instead of getting on with life and settling the issue "man to man" by talking about it, not "taking your bat & ball" and going home like a "pussy" which is why this society is in the mess it now finds itself. "Harden up" all u pussies who have got your nappies in a twist and "overreacted" here just like the big girls ur!!!!!!!
GET REAL OR GET R–-TED"!!!!!!!

@Geo. said:
Toxic culture in league….... :laughing:

Joey tries to use his brain to motivate....and look what happens.....let's blow it all out of proportion and take the focus of winning Origin off the smug toads.....

Brilliant ....

**Obviously Tahu feels strongly enough to not want to play**.....Fair enough if that's the way he feels then walk out on ya mates,.....don't try and let deeds on the footy field make a statement....

You or any of us dont know how he feels
\
\
If as many have suspected for a long time racism is endemic in the NSWRL, then drastic action such as this is the only way to change it

@wests4ever said:
I have made my comments previously about this topic but REALLY???? there are some people in this forum like TAHU who are symbolic of "everything that is now wrong with society". There are "black gangs, arab gangs,asian gangs,bikie gangs running rampant in our streets because it is "politically correct" too over react about things that are "said" instead of getting on with life and settling the issue "man to man" by talking about it, not "taking your bat & ball" and going home like a "pussy" which is why this society is in the mess it now finds itself. "Harden up" all u pussies who have got your nappies in a twist and "overreacted" here just like the big girls ur!!!!!!!

Listen here you bogan boofhead you have no idea what you are talking about.

This sort of thing is rife in the sheds and training sessions of all sporting codes. How on earth is it overly PC for a black fella to say I'm sick of this crap change your perceptions or I'm out?

As I have earlier stated, there were 100 other adjectives Joey could have used to describe Ingliss…he could have still used the C word behind all of them. The fact that he chose the word black shows thats how he see's the man...a black C.

It's time you got real son...talking like an uneducated bogan bum doesn't make you sound tough - just a loudmouth.

Hey stryker or should I say "pussy-boy"- u can say what u like about me but "the facts" are Tahu let his teammates down,all the NSW BLUES supporters around the world down and even his "heritage" down by walking out of ORIGIN 2!!!!!! His actions are not going to "stop the racism" (if it really exists????) in NRL/SOCIETY & if u believe it will then ur a naieve mort who should go back to "the slums from whence u came".
Queensland will win thats all that counts u pussy!!!!!!

@wests4ever said:
Hey stryker or should I say "pussy-boy"- u can say what u like about me but "the facts" are Tahu let his teammates down,all the NSW BLUES supporters around the world down and even his "heritage" down by walking out of ORIGIN 2!!!!!! **His actions are not going to "stop the racism" (if it really exists????) in NRL/SOCIETY** & if u believe it will then ur a naieve mort who should go back to "the slums from whence u came".

Not while attitudes such as yours still exist

@innsaneink said:
\
\
If as many have suspected for a long time racism is endemic in the NSWRL, then drastic action such as this is the only way to change it

OK fair enough….of course no one knows how he feels....

But was Johns trying to be racist or just his usual moronic self......big difference IMO....

It wasn't said on the field...It was said in an attemped at some kind of bizzaro motivation....what if he said..... now when Hannant comes on we gotta stop that albino mormon ****

@Geo. said:
@innsaneink said:
\
\

OK fair enough….of course no one knows how he feels....

But was Johns trying to be racist or just his usual moronic self......big difference IMO....

It wasn't said on the field...It was said in an attemped at some kind of bizzaro motivation....what if he said..... now when Hannant comes on we gotta stop that albino mormon ****

i agree geo…and being one with aboriginal heritage in my family i for the life of me cant figure out tahus stand point on this.... racial slurs or insults arent taken to heart like they were back in he late 80s early 90s, sure tahu has every right to be offended but to walk out on a nsw jersey and teamates over a seemingly redundant throw away comment is weird.

My aboriginal family members refer to white folk as "gubbas" now is that something to get cut up and leave home for? of course not, would ben hannant walk out on qld if inglis or tonga called him albino? of course not. would it even make the newspapers?......

@alien said:
Well Tahu must have felt strongly about it because he would have known that he was basically throwing away his rep career. What Andrew Johns said was silly but I really doubt that he hates people with dark skin. Alot of aussie males say silly things like this just to show off and act tough in front of mates. Aussies always give it to eachother and infact I would say that it's part of the aussie sense of humour to pick on people that are different. Just like when we have always bagged out the english by calling them "pommy ba!#@rds". I'm not saying it is right and I can definately see how people would be offended and could think that Andrew Johns is a racist but I reckon at the time when he said it he didn't think he was doing anything that bad. It is silly though. You have to be careful because people can take things the wrong way. For someone that didn't grow up in Australia or doesn't understand the aussie sense of humour then I can definately understand why they would think Andrew Johns is a racist. Once again Mundine makes a fool out of himself by saying that aboriginals have to play 4 times as good as everyone else to make the rep teams because the selectors are racist. What rubbish.

I never said Johns was racist (although I think all of us have a tendency to display racism at times - I used to be more guarded walking through Redfern station as opposed to say Central) however what he said was clearly racist. Tahu was right to take a stand and say I wont accept it. Ignoring racism it was simply disrespectful to the players in your squad that come from such a background.

Please dont make these comments the equivalent of calling someone a "pommy bastard". There is no comparison. The latter term is most often used in affectionate sense. What Johns said can never be used in such a way.

@wests4ever said:
Hey stryker or should I say "pussy-boy"- u can say what u like about me but "the facts" are Tahu let his teammates down,all the NSW BLUES supporters around the world down and even his "heritage" down by walking out of ORIGIN 2!!!!!! His actions are not going to "stop the racism" (if it really exists????) in NRL/SOCIETY & if u believe it will then ur a naieve mort who should go back to "the slums from whence u came".

Come on dude. Yes, because of the media, some people do tend to get too PC some of the time. But what Johns said is inexcusable. It's also a bit too much for Tahu to walk out because of it.

I'm pretty sure there is more to it. Tahu probably has heard this from Johns for most of his career and it was probably the straw that broke the camels back. If that's the case, it's understandable that Tahu felt like it was time to make a stand.

While I think some can agree with the PC argument to a small extent, going to far and sounding like a uneducated redneck while doing it, will never ever get your point across.

I have a simple question about all of this.
Tahu left the origin camp on fri.
if the eels were playing on the weekend, would he be eligible to play for them?
seeing he was not injured and ready & fit to play.
is there any rule that states he cannot play for club team if he decides to leave origin camp for personal reasons?

@wests4ever said:

hehehe You sound like Harry the Hardman from the Matty Johns Show. "Like it or lump it" :laughing:

"gubbas"?

Never heard of that term before Ron, what's it mean?

Having done a bit of bouncing, I've been called a white c*** before, never a gubbas.

@Tigerdave said:
"gubbas"?

Having done a bit of bouncing, I've been called a white c*** before, never a gubbas.

just a term of endearment aboriginals have for white folks LOL, you know like how african americans call whites "crackers".

to me i dont take offence if someone calls me a "black..so &so" because well…...i am black and i may be a "so & so" ive also been called a coconut (brown on the outside white on the inside) because im a "half cast", ive never thrown a punch in anger about a racial slur or insult, ive had alot thrown at me playing football since i was 14, alot of the time after a game the person who was throwing the "insult" would come up and apologise, and its water under the bridge to me.

Im proud of my heritage from both sides of my family but what andrew said wasnt a racist comment IMO, nor do i see him as a racist...an idiot yes....but not a racist to me a racist is someone who commits violent acts against another person based on their skin colour or specificaly targets someone because of their skin color.

to get offended of someone saying "get in his face and smash the black C..." shows a weak person IMO and someone who hasnt had a strong role model in their life

@wests4ever said:

What did I just tell you?

This bloke is a moron…I give up on him

@ron burgandy said:
@Tigerdave said:
"gubbas"?

just a term of endearment aboriginals have for white folks LOL, you know like how african americans call whites "crackers".

to me i dont take offence if someone calls me a "black..so &so" because well…...i am black and i may be a "so & so" ive also been called a coconut (brown on the outside white on the inside) because im a "half cast", ive never thrown a punch in anger about a racial slur or insult, ive had alot thrown at me playing football since i was 14, alot of the time after a game the person who was throwing the "insult" would come up and apologise, and its water under the bridge to me.

Im proud of my heritage from both sides of my family but what andrew said wasnt a racist comment IMO, nor do i see him as a racist...an idiot yes....but not a racist to me a racist is someone who commits violent acts against another person based on their skin colour or specificaly targets someone because of their skin color.

to get offended of someone saying "get in his face and smash the black C..." shows a weak person IMO and someone who hasnt had a strong role model in their life

ahh okay like cracker, got ya :slight_smile:

what's really come out of this is how everyone is different, regardless of ethnicity, creed or colour, everyone will view John's comment differently.

I agree, Joey is more of an idiot here rather than racist, but apparently it's not just a one off comment that prompted Timana to walk.
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59054/racial-slur-not-isolated-tahu/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As someone who has been called racial slurs due to my part-Aboriginal heritage, I still think Tahu could have handed the situation differently. There is no real wrong way of dealing with a situation as only those offended know just how effected they were. If I was in his situation and felt offended by what he said, I would have pulled Joey Johns away to the side and told him in no uncertain times, what he said I thought was wrong and ask him to choose his words much more carefully when around me. If he said it as a throw-away line which is pretty much what I understand it to be reported as, a simple "no need for that" after just being said would do fine.

Either way, I would not throw away a NSW SOO jersey away over something like this.

@Tigerdave said:
I've been called a white c*** before

So have I but it was obvious he was just joking around so I didn't find it offensive at all. I just laughed.

Latest posts

Back