Team List: Jersey Flegg Cup Round 15

Surely Api Saukuru can't be far away from a return.
All 4 of our young gun 2nd Rowers have spent considerable time on the sideline.... Really need O'Kane, Tumeth, Kautoga and Saukuru to get as much game time as possible after the past couple of Covid interrupted years.

From WT website:

"Wests Tigers will be boosted by two huge injury returns, with NRL Development Player Lomi Saukuru and promising back-rower Brandon Webster-Mansfield both named to make their first appearances of the season off the interchange bench."

Two more of our back row prospects finally back on the park. Fingers crossed Lomi and BWM can have strong finishes to the year.

There are a lot of Saukuru's in our setup. Can anyone advise position and age of each?

Apisalome Saukuru (19) - WT Development Player, Second Rower
Livai Saukuru (21) - Jersey Flegg/NSW Cup, Centre
Solomone Saukuru (18) - Wests SG Ball, Centre

Thanks, who do the good judges rate if any?

Thanks, who do the good judges rate if any?
Solomone best of the bunch. mobile centre that's big enough to play in the front row but possesses the skillset of an outside back. still in SG Ball but at this point looks the best prospect.

Api was a surprise for the development list for mine, but the club seems to hold him in high regard. that said I don't think he's better than Tumeth, O'Kane, Kautoga, Vaihu or Galvin as far as our back rowers go.

Livai has sorta come out of nowhere to make his way into NSW Cup. he's been rocks and diamonds there but his output against Newtown was top shelf. anything's possible but he hasn't really been spoken about long term for either a development contract or top 30.

Apisalome Saukuru (19) - WT Development Player, Second Rower
Livai Saukuru (21) - Jersey Flegg/NSW Cup, Centre
Solomone Saukuru (18) - Wests SG Ball, Centre
There is also another younger Livai Saukuru (Prop) who played in the Andrew Johns Cup for us (Macarthur Wests Tigers) earlier this season. 3 are brothers (with father being Joey who is in our pathways coaching ranks) except the eldest Livai (not sure if he is related).

Solomone best of the bunch. mobile centre that's big enough to play in the front row but possesses the skillset of an outside back. still in SG Ball but at this point looks the best prospect.

Api was a surprise for the development list for mine, but the club seems to hold him in high regard. that said I don't think he's better than Tumeth, O'Kane, Kautoga, Vaihu or Galvin as far as our back rowers go.

Livai has sorta come out of nowhere to make his way into NSW Cup. he's been rocks and diamonds there but his output against Newtown was top shelf. anything's possible but he hasn't really been spoken about long term for either a development contract or top 30.
Good summary of them. Watched some of Solomone in Harold Matthews in 2021 and to me he looked something special. Still a long way to go to make it, but I am keen to see how he goes in 2023 for his 2nd year of SG Ball and hopefully Flegg to follow!

Livai only played NSW Cup because he's built like a tank. Realistically he's a bit of a Konny Hurrell type, only not as good.

For those people that don’t know Joey played with the dragons back in the day, only average but a nice bloke. Being involved with warren Mac back at the dogs and now with us certainly won’t hurt his boys chances going forward. out off all of his rello’s running around, one shows enough ability to go further, the others are getting a go because of joeys affiliation with warren. Harsh but true.

Back