THE AMBUSH - Show Your Stripes..

@truetiger said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1316008) said:
All in all it was a great day out

I remember it very fondly until about ten minutes after kick off.

Sounds great guys. Have a great time. Being up on the northern rivers, I don't get to many games.

@hobbo1 said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315947) said:
@geo said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315944) said:
@gallagher said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315940) said:
@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315937) said:
@frullens said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1315878) said:
Great work to everyone involved.
Listened about it on the pod and thought it was great iniative. I think if its driven by fans, with support of WT, its more authentic and will have a better chance of being embraced.

I'm in Melbourne so can't attend, but thumbs up from me!

A lot of effort has gone into getting this up and running, some members of this forum have been heavily involved and it looks like it will be a good initiative.

Great idea, nothing this week though with the leagues club next door?

We are starting with an away game in a sense to get people together to watch the game whereas a home game most would be attending the Game..

There will be future events targeting both home and away games Round 9 v Gold Coast at Cambelltown will be one..Games at Leichhardt and Bankwest will also have events at venues close to the Ground...

Are Bandwagoners invited?

Like a 13 year olds disco .....Negative Normans on the left ......Positive Polly's on the right and a certain Brooks fan looking for a fence to sit on

@innsaneink said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1316051) said:
There was quite a few of us one year zig... Yiu me Newtown, tiger steve... Couple other slips my mind now

Who's in charge of behaviour and crowd control Geo?
If we get a peanut ref like Sutton last week screwing us you may have your hands full 🤣

Yeah Mark it was a great meet and greet,Stevie D you and I had a selfie that was posted on the forum as well as a photo of the group at lunch..Lucky the chairs are bolted down at CSS otherwise if the ref doesnt do the right thing there would be a couple heading his way..All good fun,hopefully a few of us could catch up again during the season,I love a good day abusing the ref,:confounded:

@happy_tiger said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1316083) said:
Listened about it on the pod and thought it was great iniative. I think if its driven by fans, with support of WT, its more authentic and will have a better chance of being embraced.

A lot of effort has gone into getting this up and running, some members of this forum have been heavily involved and it looks like it will be a good initiative.

We are starting with an away game in a sense to get people together to watch the game whereas a home game most would be attending the Game..

There will be future events targeting both home and away games Round 9 v Gold Coast at Cambelltown will be one..Games at Leichhardt and Bankwest will also have events at venues close to the Ground...

Like a 13 year olds disco .....Negative Normans on the left ......Positive Polly's on the right and a certain Brooks fan looking for a fence to sit on

I thought Polly's negative cousin was Nelly? Who is Norman?

@jirskyr said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1316352) said:
@happy_tiger said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1316083) said:

I thought Polly's negative cousin was Nelly? Who is Norman?

At a 13 year old disco it would be girls one side boys the other .....Norman fit the bill

Giveaways include

* 2021 Jersey

* $100 Merchandise Voucher

* Open training session meet players/Coaching staff

Event will commence at 2:30pm

Wests Ashfield Auditorium

Billy Walters will be our guest speaker...

![Round 3 Final Information[1212].png](/assets/uploads/files/1616396613460-round-3-final-information-1212-resized.png)

As @geo has mentioned Billy Walters will be our special guest on the day. I will actually be interviewing him so if anyone has any questions they would like to have asked put them in this thread and I will add some forum questions to the interview.

Anyone who is interested in meeting some people who share your passion for this club, please come along and join us for our first event.

@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1320215) said:
![Round 3 Final Information[1212].png](/assets/uploads/files/1616396613460-round-3-final-information-1212-resized.png)

As @geo has mentioned Billy Walters will be our special guest on the day. I will actually be interviewing him so if anyone has any questions they would like to have asked put them in this thread and I will add some forum questions to the interview.

Anyone who is interested in meeting some people who share your passion for this club, please come along and join us for our first event.

I'm heading up to Newcastle God help me but will be at the next one

Should be an awesome event with 10 attendees 😂

@hobbo1 said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1320222) said:

Should be an awesome event with 10 attendees ?

2nd prize is you have to watch 2 training sessions

3rd prize is you join the Top 30

Booby prize is you have a gun pointed at your head and you have to coach the WT's to a Top 8 spot in 2021 or else

@happy_tiger said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1320225) said:

Booby prize is you have a gun pointed at your head and you have to coach the WT's to a Top 8 spot in 2021 or else

I told you I’ll be volunteering at vinnies this weekend ?
On my birthday as well !

@happy_tiger said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1320225) said:

Is it the 28/3 ......save a few sausage sangas for us OK

Working again ....I'm smart ...my 1st weekend off is the Cows game ......

Is there any way this interview etc can be uploaded here on the forum for those who cannot be at the function?

I hope you guys get a good turnout, its a hell of a lot more appealing than going to the game.

@gallagher said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1320268) said:

I hope you guys get a good turnout, its a hell of a lot more appealing than going to the game.

Really just trying to increase the community connection and feel of the club. I know for me gameday is more than a game because of the people I have met and chat to at games. That really is an important part of my connection to the club, for example @Harvey came up and introduced himself to me yesterday. That helps build my attachment to the club and helps on days like yesterday.

Another example is my family bailed on me yesterday because of the weather and the fact I have others I know I attended the game with @Tiger_Steve and his brother. I like that sense of community that the common passion can create.

This idea really is about trying to give an opportunity for people to build that connection and attachment with others as well as the club.

Its an idea, it may work, it may not but I am willing to get in and give it a go.

@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1320309) said:

Really just trying to increase the community connection and feel of the club. I know for me gameday is more than a game because of the people I have met and chat to at games. That really is an important part of my connection to the club, for example @Harvey came up and introduced himself to me yesterday. That helps build my attachment to the club and helps on days like yesterday.

Another example is my family bailed on me yesterday because of the weather and the fact I have others I know I attended the game with @Tiger_Steve and his brother. I like that sense of community that the common passion can create.

This idea really is about trying to give an opportunity for people to build that connection and attachment with others as well as the club.

Its an idea, it may work, it may not but I am willing to get in and give it a go.

It’s also with the clubs blessing and backing. Sometimes ‘The Ambush’ group will host events, sometimes the club will. We are hoping to give fans and members a better game day experience- at the game or not.
Of course, winning will help?

@tiger_steve said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1320333) said:
@cochise said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1320309) said:

It’s also with the clubs blessing and backing. Sometimes ‘The Ambush’ group will host events, sometimes the club will. We are hoping to give fans and members a better game day experience- at the game or not.
Of course, winning will help?

Winning will help a lot!

@tiger_one said in [THE AMBUSH \- Show Your Stripes\.\.](/post/1320244) said:

Is there any way this interview etc can be uploaded here on the forum for those who cannot be at the function?

We probably don't have permission to record but we could try and find out.

Back