The doghouse...

Peachy is definitely hard done by at the very least not having him on the bench instead of Madden, thats a no brainer. Either start Madden in the halves or play him in reserves, this 8 mins bench shit can't be optimal surely
The continual selection of Madden is just ridiculous. Offers nothing for a handful of minutes and no versatility to cover an injury

It seems every fan has a player that they give most credit for losing. This team is exceeding any expectation I had. On paper yet to see a side that I think we match, but for the most part they turn up - with two ordinary performances against Newcastle and Cronulla. We have players playing out of position to fill gaps that can't be adequately filled, and some who are there because the options are limited.
Disappointed they lost but it wasn't due to lack of effort.

It seems every fan has a player that they give most credit for losing. This team is exceeding any expectation I had. On paper yet to see a side that I think we match, but for the most part they turn up - with two ordinary performances against Newcastle and Cronulla. We have players playing out of position to fill gaps that can't be adequately filled, and some who are there because the options are limited.
Disappointed they lost but it wasn't due to lack of effort.
Much happier with effort this year but still going to call for improvement where needed.

Much happier with effort this year but still going to call for improvement where needed.
100% and I believe that is what the team is doing. The reality is that nearly all the teams have players that are better than ours and to beat them we need to play mistake free footy, get a fair deal with the ref, and convert every opportunity - we missed that today. I expect there will still be days that we will be outclassed and that's what makes this loss the most disappointing from my perspective.

I see the usual keyboard coaches are at it again,bagging Madge for his selections,Gildart was all he basically had to pick from,maybe in hindsight AJ to centres and Gildart to wing...Peachey is a talent but is as useful as tits on a bull atm because he isnt right,Joey L type I reckon all reputation and no back up...
If your looking for faults blame the forwards,Jacko and Brooks...St George were woeful in the opening 20 mins and we didnt have the smarts to take advantage of it..
We grinded away as we always do but cant seem to find that killer punch to do damage like other sides do...this team has a lot of work to do if they want success,I know we have a fair few players out atm,but we were in a position to win that game,poor handling,the no try and lazy support play cost us..
Bag me all you like,Ellery on here wants to put the boot into Gildart,but he isnt the only poor performer out there today,we all know Gildart needs time in reggies but using him as the scapegoat only covers the lack of inept players that surrounded him today...
The dragons have players that want to go forward ours are happy to be out there and make up the numbers bar a few...watch the Storm play and there are players all about backing the man with the ball and running hard to get an advantage,,,our blokes dont have the vision to see gaps,lazy defenders or players with their backs to us...when they start to understand the game and not their paychecks,queer hairdos and tats all over them,then they might realise what it takes to be a professional sports person on a contract to perform well week in week out for the club,supporters and members they represent...
Im not giving up on these blokes,but I would like them to start to understand what it takes to play in the big arena,old saying ""if you cant handle the heat in the kitchen,then get out""theres a job to be done...
It all boils down to the youth that we have and a lot of them are no where ready for NRL but in a couple of years they could be stars....we have to perform in the here and the now with what we got,and thats very slim atm....

ps ...sidenote...I see that Don Furner the boss of the Raiders stuck up for Stuart the coach today and laid the blame squarely on the players for their embarrasing performances of late,maybe some on here should take a leaf out of his book and lay off Madge and concentrate on the guys that are out there wearing our jumpers,its not all but a few that should go home and look in the mirror ....

Last edited:
I see the usual keyboard coaches are at it again,bagging Madge for his selections,Gildart was all he basically had to pick from,maybe in hindsight AJ to centres and Gildart to wing...Peachey is a talent but is as useful as tits on a bull atm because he isnt right,Joey L type I reckon all reputation and no back up...
If your looking for faults blame the forwards,Jacko and Brooks...St George were woeful in the opening 20 mins and we didnt have the smarts to take advantage of it..
We grinded away as we always do but cant seem to find that killer punch to do damage like other sides do...this team has a lot of work to do if they want success,I know we have a fair few players out atm,but we were in a position to win that game,poor handling,the no try and lazy support play cost us..
Bag me all you like,Ellery on here wants to put the boot into Gildart,but he isnt the only poor performer out there today,we all know Gildart needs time in reggies but using him as the scapegoat only covers the lack of inept players that surrounded him today...
The dragons have players that want to go forward ours are happy to be out there and make up the numbers bar a few...watch the Storm play and there are players all about backing the man with the ball and running hard to get an advantage,,,our blokes dont have the vision to see gaps,lazy defenders or players with their backs to us...when they start to understand the game and not their paychecks,queer hairdos and tats all over them,then they might realise what it takes to be a professional sports person on a contract to perform well week in week out for the club,supporters and members they represent...
Im not giving up on these blokes,but I would like them to start to understand what it takes to play in the big arena,old saying ""if you cant handle the heat in the kitchen,then get out""theres a job to be done...
It all boils down to the youth that we have and a lot of them are no where ready for NRL but in a couple of years they could be stars....we have to perform in the here and the now with what we got,and thats very slim atm....

ps ...sidenote...I see that Don Furner the boss of the Raiders stuck up for Stuart the coach today and laid the blame squarely on the players for their embarrasing performances of late,maybe some on here should take a leaf out of his book and lay off Madge and concentrate on the guys that are out there wearing our jumpers,its not all but a few that should go home and look in the mirror ....
"Roster" we do need marquee players to mould this team. The team wants to win but we dont gave the Munsters or Grants etc but hopefully one day this will happen 🤔
Madge is not the problem, easy to shoot the driver when the car is not a V8

Derp - Don Furner - the same bloke who re-signed Stuart on a long term deal when history proves he has a short shelf-life at any club....

That moron is just covering his arse!

He is only slightly more competent that Pascoe...

Back