The great home ground debate thread

@white said:
We will start as outside favorites and we finished third what a joke all the momentum with roosters

So all your whinging is because we wont be the favourites. Isnt that the time when someone with even half a brain would get on them.

@Geo. said:
They do but they normally use the facilities at the WestsSFS for their rehab…

Thanks to Mr Humphreys they will have to find somewhere else to do that this week....

I hear there's a great rehab facility in Darwin that's available. :slight_smile:

Maybe we could go to ANZ. They would offer big $$$ to get a semi final there with Bulldogs and Souths (probably) not making the finals. I think though the deal is done and we will be at the SFS playing a Roosters team well out of form.
Does the SFS help them? - They have had big losses there to the Sharks and Cowboys this year.

@smeghead said:
I am always at a loss about the whining and b**** on this issue. It was the right decision. The right decision is to accomodate as many of our fans as possible. If we are good enough we will get the job done and the ground we are playing at makes no difference.

The simple facts also remain that if we were playing at Leichhardt or Campbelltown the figure touted was 4 tickets per member of each club. It is highly likely that under 2,000 non members would be elligible for tickets.

I would agree if it were against any other team. but playing against eastern suburbs in the eastern suburbs is a joke. there should have been a backup plan to play at campbelltown if it was against roosters.

:deadhorse: :deadhorse:

@smeghead said:
I am always at a loss about the whining and b**** on this issue. It was the right decision. The right decision is to accomodate as many of our fans as possible. If we are good enough we will get the job done and the ground we are playing at makes no difference.

The simple facts also remain that if we were playing at Leichhardt or Campbelltown the figure touted was 4 tickets per member of each club. It is highly likely that under 2,000 non members would be elligible for tickets.

Unfortunately some are too narrow-minded to see this.

People!!! Get a grip!!! We're in the Finals!!! The place that we've been dreaming to be apart of since 2005\. Where would you rather be? In 3rd position or holding hands with Parramatta and Canterbury. Be Happy, be greatful because as we know, all to well, we may not see nor experience this for another few years. Treasure the moment.

Wests will be underdogs? What's new? I'd rather be heading into the game knowing that the critics have written the Tigers off. That everythging points to the advantage of the Roosters. That's just more motivation for the boys to fire up. Farah, Marshall, Payten, Heighnington, Gibbs and Fulton will be champing at the bit. The remaining key personnel that last tasted Finals footy in 2005\. They'll be savouring it and lapping it up.

The regular season is over. This is a whole new ball game! We ain't seen nothing yet :wink: Write Wests Tigers off at will. Disrespect and call the team's bluff. This is where big game players rise. And I solemnly believe we will see them rise to an almighty level come Saturday evening

@Gobbs said:
People!!! Get a grip!!! We're in the Finals!!! The place that we've been dreaming to be apart of since 2005\. Where would you rather be? In 3rd position or holding hands with Parramatta and Canterbury. Be Happy, be greatful because as we know, all to well, we may not see nor experience this for another few years. Treasure the moment.

Wests will be underdogs? What's new? I'd rather be heading into the game knowing that the critics have written the Tigers off. That everythging points to the advantage of the Roosters. That's just more motivation for the boys to fire up. Farah, Marshall, Payten, Heighnington, Gibbs and Fulton will be champing at the bit. The remaining key personnel that last tasted Finals footy in 2005\. They'll be savouring it and lapping it up.

The regular season is over. This is a whole new ball game! We ain't seen nothing yet :wink: Write Wests Tigers off at will. Disrespect and call the team's bluff. This is where big game players rise. And I solemnly believe we will see them rise to an almighty level come Saturday evening

Well said! Go Tigers!

@Gobbs said:

The regular season is over. This is a whole new ball game! We ain't seen nothing yet :wink: Write Wests Tigers off at will. Disrespect and call the team's bluff. This is where big game players rise. And I solemnly believe we will see them rise to an almight level come Saturday evening

That's it Gobbs, people stressed all year what would happen if the Tigers failed to make the 8, well we've just finished 3rd and some still aren't happy. It's finals time now and the Tigers have shown they are a more professional outfit than any previous year. A welcome return from injury for several players next week and we know Sheens knows how to prepare a team well for the finals. I can't wait to see the Tigers take down the Chooks first up.

Tigers have versed them twice this season and lost both.

However I have a feeling it's gunna be third time lucky for the Tigers.

Roosters…get ready to be blown off your own homeground (literally)

Looking forward to it.

Another question, what tactics do the Wests Tigers need to adopt to beat the chooks?

I believe if we play to our FULLpotential we will win the comp.

If we play like we have been "at times this year" we will go out in two weeks.

I hoping for the latter.

We need to jump out of the blocks, the opposite to last night and we need a fair go from the refs that's for starters.

@Frazer4Wests said:
I believe if we play to our FULLpotential we will win the comp.

If we play like we have been "at times this year" we will go out in two weeks.

I hoping for the latter.

Hope you mean "former".

@Geo. said:
:laughing: this is just getting better….

I wonder if those upset with the game not being at Leichhardt or Cambo will be fronting at the WestsSFS to cheer their guts out.....

Err yes.
You dont need to agree with every single decision a club makes to support them.

Members online

Back