The great home ground debate thread

Well we could host the game on the moon but some old Balmain fans wouldn't like that since it was one of Wests Magpies old home grounds.

![](http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l201/wests_magpies/MagFlag/magflag_moon.jpg)

I think we should play it at Campbelltown, they were so scared when we played them there last time…oh...wait.

BRING IT ON!

tactic: Don't rush up on Carney when he's going across the field, he'll cut us to pieces.

@Marshall_magic said:
I think we should play it at Campbelltown, they were so scared when we played them there last time…oh...wait.

OMG who cares about the past. It has nothing to do with the game on Saturday. It's like me saying "i'm glad it's not at Leichhardt because the Roosters beat us there 20 years ago". It's just a stupid way of thinking.

@alien said:
@Marshall_magic said:

OMG who cares about the past. It has nothing to do with the game on Saturday. It's like me saying "i'm glad it's not at Leichhardt because the Roosters beat us there 20 years ago". It's just a stupid way of thinking.

I was saying that people are assuming just because the game is at the SFS, we'll lose, and if it were at LO, we'd win. It really won't make too much difference, if the players can't get up for a finals game, they deserve to lose. If we're good enough, we will win, whether we play at Campbelltown, Leichhardt, SFS, Yankee Stadium, Old Trafford, Lords or on the Moon.

@Marshall_magic said:
@alien said:
@Marshall_magic said:

I was saying that people are assuming just because the game is at the SFS, we'll lose, and if it were at LO, we'd win. It really won't make too much difference, if the players can't get up for a finals game, they deserve to lose. If we're good enough, we will win, whether we play at Campbelltown, Leichhardt, SFS, Yankee Stadium, Old Trafford, Lords or on the Moon.

I agree with you there.

As long as the Wests Tigers fans buy their tickets early we will out number the Roosters fans, and then we will have home ground advantage!

:sign: :supporter: :sign: :supporter: :sign: :supporter:

@geo. said:
they have also allocated the bays the same as if it would be a home game for the wests tigers….cat 1 for wests tigers are bays 13 to 16..

You cant get your same seat but at least you can get the same bay

bay 15 for me....

just to give you a more exact picture of how many more bays wests have compared to easts please use the following two links.very useful info.if we play the cards right we really can make this a home game the whole paddington end is ours.

1.bay allocation info
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60060/week-one-finals-series–-ticket-information/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
\
\
\
2.map of sydney football stadium bays just scroll down

http://www.scgt.nsw.gov.au/ignitionsuite/uploads/docs/sfs%20block%20%20080513.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a good map of the SFS

http://www.scgt.nsw.gov.au/IgnitionSuite/uploads/docs/SFS%20Block%20%20080513.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To answer the thread title we came 3rd. This means that even if we lose we have a greater chance of going through to the next week as well as getting to choose where we play.

@alien said:
here's a good map of the sfs

http://www.scgt.nsw.gov.au/ignitionsuite/uploads/docs/sfs%20block%20%20080513.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thanks mate you just found it when i did.

@magpie mania said:
@geo. said:
they have also allocated the bays the same as if it would be a home game for the wests tigers….cat 1 for wests tigers are bays 13 to 16..

You cant get your same seat but at least you can get the same bay

bay 15 for me....

just to give you a more exact picture of how many more bays wests have compared to easts please use the following two links.very useful info.if we play the cards right we really can make this a home game the whole paddington end is ours.

1.bay allocation info
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60060/week-one-finals-series–-ticket-information/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
\
\
\
2.map of sydney football stadium bays just scroll down

3.http://www.scgt.nsw.gov.au/news.aspx?pageid=7&id=1992" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and heres another piece of great info on sfs website wests tigers members can get up to 10 tickets each and if you sign up for 2011 for non members out there before sept 6 you can also get earlybird tickets

@tiger05 said:
To answer the thread title we came 3rd. This means that even if we lose we have a greater chance of going through to the next week as well as getting to choose where we play.

I'm not sure if we do get to chose where we play in Week 2 if we lose in Week 1\. Remember St.Choke lost Week 1 last year and had to play Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium in Week 2.

@alien said:
@tiger05 said:

I'm not sure if we do get to chose where we play in Week 2 if we lose in Week 1\. Remember St.Choke lost Week 1 last year and had to play Brisbane @ Suncorp Stadium in Week 2.

I agree. We get to choose where we play next week and if we lose we have a greater chance of going through to the following week.

If you come 7 or 8 and you lose you are out. If you come 1 or 2 and you lose you are still in. If we lose but the Panthers or St George win we get another chance.

@tiger05 said:
@alien said:
@tiger05 said:

I agree. We get to choose where we play next week and if we lose we have a greater chance of going through to the following week.

If you come 7 or 8 and you lose you are out. If you come 1 or 2 and you lose you are still in. If we lose but the Panthers or St George win we get another chance.

I know but if we do lose against Roosters then I don't think we get to chose where we play in Week 2.

@tiger05 said:
@alien said:
@tiger05 said:
to answer the thread title we came 3rd. This means that even if we lose we have a greater chance of going through to the next week as well as getting to choose where we play.

i'm not sure if we do get to chose where we play in week 2 if we lose in week 1\. Remember st.choke lost week 1 last year and had to play brisbane @ suncorp stadium in week 2.

i agree. We get to choose where we play next week and if we lose we have a greater chance of going through to the following week.

If you come 7 or 8 and you lose you are out. If you come 1 or 2 and you lose you are still in. If we lose but the panthers or st george win we get another chance.

if we lose week 1 it means week 2 we go to the winner of titans v warriors so it means back up to the gold coast or over to new zealand.that is if we dont get knocked out.

It was inevitable before the w/e that we'd play the roosters or the Warriors if we finished 3rd or 4th..which makes no sense of our shutting the game down Fri nite after Titans scored with the long kick off.
Even tho there wasnt a lot of time left, pursuit of second was critical as it was not only going to favor us in the draw,but also potentially give us a week off in a fortnite..so why close the game down?
More visionary coaching from the spinmister…always looking forward is our coach

@magpie mania said:
if we lose week 1 it means week 2 we go to the winner of titans v warriors so it means back up to the gold coast or over to new zealand.that is if we dont get knocked out.

Not necessarily. If us and Penrith lose and the Titans and Dragons win then the Titans and Dragons get the week off. Raiders are eliminated along with the Warriors. We play against Manly and the Panthers play the Roosters.

If us and the Dragons lose and the Titans and Panthers win then the Titans and Panthers get the week off. Manly are eliminated along with the Warriors. We play against the Raiders and the Dragons play against the Roosters.

In fact the only way we play the winner of Titans vs. Warriors is if both the Dragons and Penrith win. Which I would be putting at short odds tbh.

Also if I was to fathom a guess. I'd say both the Dragons and us are going to lose in our first round matches and then win our eliminators (effectively reverse matches). So I think the top four are going to meet in the prelims anyway.

Edit: Wait up, no way. We'll smash the chooks. Who cares about the SFS. They only have 9 fans.

The club has given all there fans the right to see our team play finals footy for the first time in 5 yrs ..Really does it matter where we play and if it did why would the game not be played at Campbelltown why Liechardt this is a joint venture I see no reason why it could not of been playered there ? Time to be POSITIVE and move to the SFS and find out what the Weststigers are made of!

@cunno said:
If we don't out number the chooks fans by 4 to 1 I'll be surprised surely that must be a big advantage for our team hearing and seeing thousands and thousands of WTs fans filling the place cheering and rumbling in the JUNGLE..

If we don't out number them it is our own fault. Just buy tickets and get behind your team. How many tickets can members buy? I will buy the maximum on Monday to make sure tiger supporting mates are their.

We are good enough to smash the Roosters!!!!

Back