The great home ground debate thread

@innsaneink said:
@Geo. said:
:laughing: this is just getting better….

I wonder if those upset with the game not being at Leichhardt or Cambo will be fronting at the WestsSFS to cheer their guts out.....

Err yes.
You dont need to agree with every single decision a club makes to support them.

Don't have to agree sure but winge and moan and call Humphreys incomptent..

Because of a decision that lets thousands more fans to turn up and watch the Wests Tigers is funny to me….

@Gobbs said:
@Dallas Field Goal said:
Best way to ensure Wests Tigers have the advantage is to out number the Easts fans with bums on seats. Simple as that!!

Carn' Wests!!!

Too right!!!calling ALL **WESTS Tigers** fans get out to the game next Saturday night and cheer our team home!!!

@Dallas Field Goal said:
The incompetence of Steven Humpries is there for all to see. He should publicly apologise to players and fans or better yet resign.

Playing any of our home games in the eastern suburbs is outrageous, but playing a semi final in the Eastern Suburbs is unforgivable.

I think he is doing a great job but this is a complete joke and we really are becoming a laughing stock. Who cares if we get the home team dressing rooms. We will still get plenty of Wests fans to the game but the Roosters players would be thinking how good is it that we finish 6th and play in our own backyard. Probably half the reason they didn't match up against the Cowgirls to avoid the trip to Robina

@simonthetiger said:
@alien said:
@simonthetiger said:
Great thread you muppet…...we will smash the goosters in front of 40k.

It will be a fullhouse I reckon. 25,000 Wests Tigers fans + 20,000 Roosters fans.

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

:sign: :sign: :sign:

Well you will take about five seats urself…....so it will be 25001 v 19995.

Excellent work.

You're an idiot.

@Geo. said:
@innsaneink said:
@Geo. said:
:laughing: this is just getting better….

I wonder if those upset with the game not being at Leichhardt or Cambo will be fronting at the WestsSFS to cheer their guts out.....

Err yes.
You dont need to agree with every single decision a club makes to support them.

Don't have to agree sure but winge and moan and call Humphreys incomptent..

Because of a decision that lets thousands more fans to turn up and watch the Wests Tigers is funny to me….

Dont go putting words in my mouth.

Innk the original post wasn't even directed at you…it was in relation to the general theme of the thread

You will be there I'm sure.....apologies if I infured otherwise...

@NJLM78 said:
Maybe we could go to ANZ. They would offer big $$$.

That would be fine with me but alot of our supporters whinge about that stadium too.

I can't wait. It's gonna be an awesome game. 2 good teams that use their brains. Hopefully Wests Tigers fans get their tickets early so we outnumber the Roosters fans. Bring it on!

In cases like this the home team members & fans should be given a 1 day headstart to buy tickets over the away team. Just a thought.

If its a sell out then so be it.

as a ticketed member im pretty angry that they moved the game to the sfs. we look really stupid now that we are playing the roosters on their home ground. if we lose we will have egg on our faces big time, all because of money. anyone thinking that there willbe more tigers fans are joking, this is a semi, its on the roosters home turf they will turn out in numbers so its always going to be a 50/50 split of fans no matter if the total is 20,000 or 40,000\. but will we have a better chance of winning at sfs than capmbelltown or leichhardt? i think not. and whoever says oh we havent made the finals in 5 years and people are whining….well yes i am, because its taken us this long to get back into the finals and we are saying to the opostion we dont give a shit about where we play, so lets play on your home ground. the lockout of the roosters for training will probably gee them up even more to win.

Club made the right decision in my opinion. The lifeblood of any club is its fans and this ensures you get every possible WT fan in through the gates to watch their team on the big stage. It also ensures next week a probably 35K plus crowd, which will create a great semi final atmosphere, which the players should revel in. The ground is not totally foriegn to us, we have won home games their this season and we have won semi finals their before.

Semi Finals are about the big time and performing on the big grounds. I assume out aim is to win the competition and to do that you need to be able to perform in the big stadiums in Sydney. When your team comes 3rd they are good enough to win in any ground in Sydney. If anything it gives us an advantage of getting on the SFS a week or two earlier then most teams and experiencing a 35K plus crowd in week 1 of the finals and not for the first time in week 3\. Lets not forget in 2005, we tore the Cows to shreads at Homebush and went on to beat them in the Grand Final at Homebush.

Ok, so the Roosters play their home games their. No big deal for mine, we will outnumber them in the stands I reckon and if we play better football on the night we win the game. If anything it probably might make them a little complacent or put a little extra pressure on them. I remember Farah harping on all week about how Manly had thrown away the advantage by playing at Gosford against us but they killed us. I think we expected things to happen for us.

I thought a couple of weeks ago that Leichhardt might be the go against Easts but am 100% behind the move to the SFS. Next weeks game will be the most hyped one and most well attended one of the 4 games. This should pump the boys up not deflate them like some are suggesting. Getting on the big grounds early in the finals series in an advantage, assuming your aim is to win the competition, which i reckon our goal is.

Besides Roosters are looking flaky. Im glad we are playing them and not the Warriors who were very impressive again tonight and they have been consistntly for 2 months.

@T-D-C said:
In cases like this the home team members & fans should be given a 1 day headstart to buy tickets over the away team. Just a thought.

If its a sell out then so be it.

Well home team members should always get the 1 day headstart but non members? A Roosters fan could just lie and say they are a Wests Tigers fan.

They have also allocated the bays the same as if it would be a home game for the Wests Tigers….cat 1 for Wests Tigers are bays 13 to 16..

You cant get your same seat but at least you can get the same bay

Bay 15 for me....

@Geo. said:
They have also allocated the bays the same as if it would be a home game for the Wests Tigers….cat 1 for Wests Tigers are bays 13 to 16..

Bay 15 for me....

I'm thinking bay 12\. The video screen where you can watch replays would be on the end on my right wouldn't it?

we will lose now fair dinkum defies logic no team likes playing at hq do we want to win or not were a laughing stock must be laughing over their lattes in bondi and by locking them out fired them up bye bye tigers

I can understand people reacting adversely to the fact that due to the perversities of the McIntyre system, we are playing our 'home' play-off game at the oppositions home ground! We should be playing Penrith (3 vs 2) for a spot in the semi-finals and a week off. The Roosters should be playing Manly or Canberra (6 vs 7), loser is eliminated.

I also agree that if we lose we will look like right nongs, especially if we, again due to the McIntyre system, get eliminated - would require St G and Penrith to both lose. (Don't forget that St G are probably playing Canberra who they can't beat!)

But, one big thing in favour of the SFS is that it aviods the situation where the club has to choose between Leichhardt and Cambpelltown, along with all the emotional baggage involved in that. The last thing we need right now is something divisive like that. And don't forget that the SFS was the venue of what might still be the club's two greatest wins, vs Brisbane then St George in September 2005 on the way to the Grand Final and the premiership.

It's time to simply get behind our team. The best team in the NRL on its way to the 2010 premiership!!!

@alien said:
@Geo. said:

Bay 15 for me....

I'm thinking bay 12\. The video screen where you can watch replays would be on the end on my right wouldn't it?

There is a screen at each end and has been for 2 years now, at least.

@prattenpark said:
@alien said:
@Geo. said:

Bay 15 for me....

There is a screen at each end and has been for 2 years now, at least.

But on one of the ends it's only a scoreboard isn't it?

Back