The third and final Rep Player for 2011

It's gotta be Luke O'Donnell. Sheens would love the mongrel in him. I heard on the radio he was pretty adamant about returning to Syds…

@willow said:
@Geo. said:
From Thurston is a money grubbing grub article…..

While Thurston is poised to pledge his long-term future to Townsville, **a deal with fellow off-contract star Luke O'Donnell is less likely for the Cowboys, with the NSW Origin lock likely to return to Sydney**.

Liam and O'Donnell in the back row would be interesting......

Wonder how O'Donnell is regarded by the Tigers these days? I wouldn't think we'd chase another backrower though.

Chris Heighington has been less than impressive in the past year, i wouldnt be so sure on that. He really needs to step up, Ellis makes him look like a fool at the moment. When is Heighington off contract?

Spartan, i hope we still chase Lima.

I think he might be the final piece of the puzzle. His contract ends this year and he wants to come back to sydney.

Might as well be with a team that is going to win a premiership..

Krisnan Inu? We were heavily linked to him last year. Eels are allegedly going to have a hard time choosing which players to retain with Mateo, Keating, Cayless & Mortimer off contract, among others. And the contract extensions of Hayne & Fui + shelling out for Poore, Tahu & Shackelton would have taken up a considerable amount of cap space for the next few years.

He'd make an awesome fullback.

I'll take anyone who can kick 4 out of every 5 goals… We would have been well inside the eight last year if we kicked around 80% of our conversions/penalty goals.

I will not be satisfied with our recruitment or retention policy until we can convert 4 out of 5 tries... I have great respect for Benji, but we need a better goalkicker... Plus he could concentrate on his ball game more...

Another reason to target Inu. A quick check says he has kicked 59/64 goals in his career, a 92% success rate :astonished: .

Im warming to the Inu scenario.

Major plus is that there will be no Origin commitments.

1Lote
2Ryan
3Lawrence
4Inu
5Tuiaki

Only thing is That this will force more Talented youngsters and potential FGs to look elsewere.

Cant keep em all….

@Spartan117 said:
Im warming to the Inu scenario.

Major plus is that there will be no Origin commitments.

1Lote
2Ryan
3Lawrence
4Inu
5Tuiaki

Only thing is That this will force more Talented youngsters and potential FGs to look elsewere.

Cant keep em all….

What…..Chris Lawrence will be firmly entrenced as the Blues centre come 2011.......

@Danos said:
Another reason to target Inu. A quick check says he has kicked 59/64 goals in his career, a 92% success rate :astonished: .

Think you've got the wrong player, dude. Inu kicks them at about 80%, 57 from 71 I believe.

I think SunTanSuperman might actually be closer to the mark. I miscalculated. I think 80% success rate is about right, rleague.com has him at 65/80 in first grade and international football. But he is nonetheless an excellent goalkicker, who could improve his strike rate with more training, after all, he is second string to Luke Burt, so he might not work on his technique as much as other kickers do.

Still..

1\. Krisnan Inu
2\. Taniela Tuiaki
3\. Blake Ayshford
4\. Chris Lawrence
5\. Lote Tuqiri

Eh? Shuffle the back five however you like, Inu @ wing, Lote @ fullback – or Lawrence @ fullback, Inu @ left centre.. it's still a mouthwatering back five.

On Inu…...I wonder where he fits into the Parra backline.

One has to miss out.

Tahu will have to play you would think.

Then there is Burt,he is the kicker,he has to play.

Then there is Joel Reddy,Inu and Grothe for onw wing and centre.

He sure would be easier to get if he wasnt playing firsts.

If Reddy is the one to miss out,I would have a go at him for sure,I rate him very highly.

I doubt they would get rid of Reddy. I think he is a bit under-rated really. Burt wasn't very good at fullback but he seems pretty good on the wing. If they were to replace Burt with Inu then Inu could do the conversions. He used to be good at them. Grothe can go well at times but he is too inconsistant. Sometimes his defense is really bad too.

Back