The third and final Rep Player for 2011

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Sheens has shortlisted six players to become the third and last piece of the jigsaw, but said the players were in no particular order yet. He intends to observe who emerges from his squad before setting his sights on his next key signing. ''But we want to be sure it's a current rep player or a player playing at that level,'' he said.

Well, there it is!

so the question is: _who are the six players on the list?_

This feels like an episode of Lost or BSG :smiley:

I'm salivating at the thought.

Now that he has come out and said it, he will have to follow through with it, otherwise suffer the wrath of the tigers supporters.

It also sounds like he is planning to be here next year, do I smell another contract extension in the air.

Well it is likely to be a forward given our backline depth. I would have to say it will be a player mentioned plenty of times on this forum - NZ rep player Jeff Lima!!!

@innsaneink said:
''But we want to be sure it's a current rep player **or a player playing at that level**,''

Well that opens it up a bit

You could interpret that as someone like Dave Taylor, couldn't you?

@Kul said:
Sheens has shortlisted six players to become the third and last piece of the jigsaw, but said the players were in no particular order yet. He intends to observe who emerges from his squad before setting his sights on his next key signing. ''But we want to be sure it's a current rep player or a player playing at that level,'' he said.

Well, there it is!

so the question is: _who are the six players on the list?_

This feels like an episode of Lost or BSG :smiley:

Could you post the link for where this is from?

I would say Paul Gallen is probably on that list,
seeing as we were interested when there was talk of him walking out on the sharks.
We might try to lure Laffranchi back to the club as he is off contract come the end of the year.
What other star players are off contract at the end of this year?

Oh PLEASE not Gallen!! One of the most overrated forwards to ever play the game imo.

He has "Nick Graham" written all over him.

@tiger sean said:
seeing as we were interested when there was talk of him walking out on the sharks.
We might try to lure Laffranchi back to the club as he is off contract come the end of the year.

I gotta say if gallen is on that list then i will start a revolt!
We didnt take Mason because of his misdemeanors and the club would sign Gallen the onfield fruit loop of the NRL.
For me, Gallen has the same brain snaps on the field as Barry Hall in the AFL.

Can't see it happening.

I believe the club will sign a player that has either won a premiership, played in origin or a member of the World Cup winning team NZ.. They need to increase the winning culture at the club after so many negative seasons and the best way to do that would be to bring in a winner.

I say Adam Blair if available, and according to a little reasearch he is off contract by seasons end.
:sign:

Col, here's the link
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sheens-works-on-bigger-picture-as-tigers-strengthen-numbers-20100219-olse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's an emphasis in the article on the rep level player helping the young guys through so i'm guessing a really experienced rep player possibly slightly past there best but still quality rather than a young guy like Taylor.
Gallen's a possibility, Lima, maybe the other Cayless, who knows…
Someone like Price when he went to the Warriors or Big Petro when he went to the Panthers.

@triserratops said:
@tiger sean said:

I gotta say if gallen is on that list then i will start a revolt!
We didnt take Mason because of his misdemeanors and the club would sign Gallen the onfield fruit loop of the NRL.
For me, Gallen has the same brain snaps on the field as Barry Hall in the AFL.

Can't see it happening.

**I believe the club will sign a player that has either won a premiership**, played in origin or a member of the World Cup winning team NZ.. They need to increase the winning culture at the club after so many negative seasons and the best way to do that would be to bring in a winner.

I say Adam Blair if available, and according to a little reasearch he is off contract by seasons end.
:sign:

The Premiership is littered with plenty of ordinary players who have won premierships. Hell, we have a few of them running around with us atm.

@softlaw said:
Col, here's the link
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sheens-works-on-bigger-picture-as-tigers-strengthen-numbers-20100219-olse.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There's an emphasis in the article on the rep level player helping the young guys through so i'm guessing a really experienced rep player possibly slightly past there best but still quality rather than a young guy like Taylor.
Gallen's a possibility, Lima, maybe the other Cayless, who knows…
Someone like Price when he went to the Warriors or Big Petro when he went to the Panthers.

Cheers mate. Next question would be, does anyone have a list of players off contract at the end of this season?

"The Premiership is littered with plenty of ordinary players who have won premierships. Hell, we have a few of them running around with us atm"

The above is a fair comment "Alwaysownyou".

Any suggestions for the list of 6?

I will add a few more to my pick Adam Blair.
Ryan Hoffman (NSW & AUS), Fui Fui Moi Moi (NZ), Simon Mannering (NZ), Ben Creagh, (NSW), Laffranchi (NSW & AUS)

It definetly needs to be an agile, skillful forward with plenty of metres and offloads in his bag of talents.
They all fit the bill.
:wink:

@triserratops said:
"The Premiership is littered with plenty of ordinary players who have won premierships. Hell, we have a few of them running around with us atm"

The above is a fair comment "Alwaysownyou".

Any suggestions for the list of 6?

I will add a few more to my pick Adam Blair.
Ryan Hoffman (NSW & AUS), Fui Fui Moi Moi (NZ), Simon Mannering (NZ), Ben Creagh, (NSW), Laffranchi (NSW & AUS)

It definetly needs to be an agile, skillful forward with plenty of metres and offloads in his bag of talents.
They all fit the bill.
:wink:

It's unlikely Laffranchi will return to the Tigers as he's back home at Murwillumbah which is where he wanted to be. Moi Moi re-signed with the Eels so he's out. Ben Creagh would be an awesome pick up but the Tigers are littered with backrowers so I think Sheens would probably like a genuine metre-eater up front alongside Galloway, so Adam Blair fits that bill.

Steve Price wouldn't re-sign with the Warriors, after the striped him of the captaincy. He'll be 37 in 2011 though.. thats if he doesn't retire.

Jamie Soward off contract I think. Ashton Sims off contract. Luke Bailey.. although he has said he wants to finish his career @ the Titans. Steve Simpson.. although he has indicated that he may retire. Frank Pritchard. Petero Civoniceva.

Ben Matulino, Ben Cross, Josh Perry, Michael Weyman, Glenn Stewart, Feleti Mateo, Luke O'Donnell, Ashley Harrison, Mark Minichiello, Jonathon Thurston, Trent Barrett, Braith Anasta, Brett Kimmorley, Eric Grothe, Jamal Idris, Ben Hornby, Krisnan Inu, Anthony Minichiello.

And how do we fit this player under the cap anyway. The only off contract players we have are Fitzy, Flanagan, Lazarus, Moors, Tuiaki & Tupou.

Back