The third and final Rep Player for 2011

Well Grothe'll probably be shown the door, unless he has a dramatic form turnaround. But the Eels are going to lose a high profile player or two. The Bulldogs have show a lot of interest in Mortimer, Keating, Mateo AND Inu and other clubs'll be circling so Parra are going to have a hard time finding money for all of them.

@tomcat said:
no offence , but i'd be more inclined to believe DANOS"S post..

You just keep getting better and better.

And when it comes from you, there is no offence at all, believe me. :laughing:

@simonthetiger said:
On Inu…...I wonder where he fits into the Parra backline.

One has to miss out.

Tahu will have to play you would think.

Then there is Burt,he is the kicker,he has to play.

Then there is Joel Reddy,Inu and Grothe for onw wing and centre.

He sure would be easier to get if he wasnt playing firsts.

If Reddy is the one to miss out,I would have a go at him for sure,I rate him very highly.

Dont think that theres anyway that Reddy will be the one to miss out on a spot. He is regarded very highly by people at Parramatta. I think itl either be Burt to the bench, or possibly Grothe back to State Cup.
Either way I think the only to certainties are Tahu, Hayne and Reddy.

I'd go for Inu. They brought Ayshford across as a junior with the vision he'd end up playing lock, and I still think they've got that in the back of their minds so that'll free up a centre spot. I've been a fan of Ayshford at centre, he went pretty well there last year so why fix something that's not broken, right?

But a backline of
1\. Tuqiri
2\. Tuiaki
3\. Inu
4\. Lawrence
5\. Ryan
6\. Marshall
7\. Moltzen

will do me juuuuuuuust fine

Also… With Tuiaki's injury putting doubt over what position he'll come back to, plus the option of playing Tupou in the backline, we do have some room to move with positions 1-5.

@Danos said:
I think SunTanSuperman might actually be closer to the mark. I miscalculated. I think 80% success rate is about right, rleague.com has him at 65/80 in first grade and international football. But he is nonetheless an excellent goalkicker, who could improve his strike rate with more training, after all, he is second string to Luke Burt, so he might not work on his technique as much as other kickers do.

Still..

1\. Krisnan Inu
2\. Taniela Tuiaki
3\. Blake Ayshford
4\. Chris Lawrence
5\. Lote Tuqiri

Eh? Shuffle the back five however you like, Inu @ wing, Lote @ fullback – or Lawrence @ fullback, Inu @ left centre.. it's still a mouthwatering back five.

Too right Danos, and like I said, I can live with another back as long as he kicks around 80% and Sheens is willing to let him play every week. From what I heard Collis wasn't a bad kicker but never got the gig…

I watched Inu play alot last year and I can safely say I don't think I ever saw him miss a goal, the kids a talent with his hands and his feet.

And furthermore, that backline would allow Moltz to play at 7 beside Benji… Can't understand Sheens logic with the halves, I swear to god he has a disease where the number 7 sends him into a state of total and utter confusion...

Inu had a shocker of a season last year. He has a point to prove this year, he is still only young with potentially a long career ahead. I don't think we need him at the Tigers, we have some exciting prospects already.

@Centaur said:
Inu had a shocker of a season last year. He has a point to prove this year, he is still only young with potentially a long career ahead. I don't think we need him at the Tigers, we have some exciting prospects already.

Agreed. We don't need backs, we have an abundance of talent.

We need another big bopper up front.

We have an abundance of talent in the backs … but still ... Sheens goes and buys two reserve graders in Brown and Daniella.

Anyways, I think the Bulldogs and Warriors are chasing Inu as well.

@Centaur said:

We have Tuqiri, Tuiaki and Lawrence as standout backs.

The rest are average.

Marshall, Lui, Ayshford are average are they?

Interesting that you place Tuqiri as a standout when he hasn't even laced on a boot for us yet!

Our backline is strong and we have depth in all positions providing our exciting juniors can make the jump to firsts.

Inu is far to unreliable - no one thought he was great for the first half of last year….....

@Tigersmurf said:
Marshall, Lui, Ayshford are average are they?

Interesting that you place Tuqiri as a standout when he hasn't even laced on a boot for us yet!

Our backline is strong and we have depth in all positions providing our exciting juniors can make the jump to firsts.

Inu is far to unreliable - no one thought he was great for the first half of last year….....

I didn't include our halves in that, just the backline. Ayshford, Ryan, Daniella, Brown etc. are average, yes. Note that I think Ayshford has plenty of potential and I am very happy with his place in the side, but he's not a standout.

Tuqiri is a quality player, regardless of whether or not he's laced a boot on with us or not.

My point is, we don't have the kind of quality in our backline that alot of you seem to think we have. As I said, those three players would walk into most sides, but the rest aren't anything to crow about. Inu would walk into our side, without doubt.

Cross Gallen off "the list"
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26831108-5018866,00.html

Back