Thomas Mikaele/ Dylan Smith

swag_tiger

Thomas Mikaele played some really nice footy for the Magpies today. With stats of 7 runs for 165 meters, 1 try, 1 try assist, 2 tackle breaks and 2 line breaks. I can see him making the jump up to 1st grade next year. Dylan smith also excelled with 18 runs for 265 meters, 2 tries, 1 try assist, 1 line break, 3 tackle breaks and 1 line break assist.

Both players looked good against one of the better State Cup teams, they both showed good speed and Smith's support play was also good. Both will train with the top squad in the off-season and I don't think FG is beyond either of them next year.

@ said:
Both players looked good against one of the better State Cup teams, they both showed good speed and Smith's support play was also good. Both will train with the top squad in the off-season and I don't think FG is beyond either of them next year.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Mikaele on the bench and Smith filling in at wing sometime next season.

Not sure why Mikaele's involvement was so low. Every time he carted it forward he made the opposition look like infants. I remember watching him in the pre-season against first graders and he was smashing it up so I assume he has had injury concerns. This kid is a definite proposition for first grade. I wouldn't be surprised if he's a genuine rookie of the year contender next year if he has a big off season and can get in the side from round one. He could be that big body JT/Kikau type that we have sorely lacked.

It’s good watching these young guys develop and it shows that the club hasn’t dropped the ball on recruiting the next generation

Connelly Lemuelu is one to watch aswell, he took alot of stopping ever time he took a run, think he may be a better left centre than winger.

I'd have more confidence in Mikaele, Smith and Lemuelu than the likes of Aloiai, MWZ and Naiqama.

All top prospects and with a full off season could be anything. I expect Mikaele to be in our 17 come round one 2019

@ said:
All top prospects and with a full off season could be anything.

I hope they aren't anything, I hope they are good! MWZ and Jordan Rankin fall under the category of "anything".

@ said:
@ said:
All top prospects and with a full off season could be anything.

I hope they aren't anything, I hope they are good! MWZ and Jordan Rankin fall under the category of "anything".

That’s really harsh MWZ is no world beater but doesn’t deserve the Rankin Comparison. He hasn’t really let us down just doesn’t tally add much.

Can Smith play any other position in the backs or just a fullback?

@ said:
Connelly Lemuelu is one to watch aswell, he took alot of stopping ever time he took a run, think he may be a better left centre than winger.

He's definetly not a winger, would like to see him get a run at center

@ said:
@ said:

He's definetly not a winger, would like to see him get a run at center

Connelly is building into a ball playing back rower via the centres ?

Members online

Back