Tiger Tim Fighting Fit

Danos

This is a scrap from todays Tele:

"TIGERS star Tim Moltzen is set for a big year on the rebound from an anterior cruciate ligament injury that forced him out for most of the year. Moltzen is training the house down and won the clubs bike run at the start of their pre-season. The 22 year old has also bulked up in the gym and teammate Chris Heighington said Moltzen had put on three or four kilos."

As long as that 3 or 4kg doesnt slow him down than its good. But some guys are better players when they stay lean. Marshall is better when he's trimmer, and i always felt Trent Barrett was a better player when he had less bulk. Brad Fittler is another who regained top form once he lost weight. So bulking up isnt always a good thing

great news this - but as per king sirro - his real lethal punch was his speed so I also hope he keeps it - although some players have gotten better with a bit of bulk on them - Greg Inglis, Braith Anasta, and our boys Liam Fulton and Chris Lawerence all spring to mind.

good to hear this news! his injury must be almost completely gone if he is training that well!
wonder if blake has put on size aswell…perhaps done a chris lawrence..

@Balmain Tiger said:
good to hear this news! his injury must be almost completely gone if he is training that well!

If you're referring to Blake Lazarus, he is no longer with the Tigers. Good news regarding Moltzen though.

Tim is gearing up for one big in 2011\. Can't wait! Go Moltz and the Mighty Tigers!

@willow said:
@Balmain Tiger said:

If you're referring to Blake Lazarus, he is no longer with the Tigers. Good news regarding Moltzen though.

sorry i meant Ayshford…Lawrence bulked up very quickly during the off seasons...im wondering if he will do the same.

when Tim Moltzen returns to the field, would be great if his combo with Benji, picks up from where it left off during 2010\. it may take a couple of games, so patience is required from all.
good to have him back and be able to play in the team

Fox sports had the 2010 year in review yesterday, when they explained the tigers year they made a point of stating that the tigers had won 4 from 5 and then Moltzen got injured and we lost the next 4\. They made the connection.

moltzen has to be the 7…he will be wasted anywhere else... lui will be a good back up if he or bagz goes down

@Balmain Tiger said:
@triangle choke said:
moltzen has to be the 7…he will be wasted anywhere else... lui will be a good back up if he or bagz goes down

fair call

Would be great to have both of them on the field though…. Lui was really emerging as a great 7 last year.

I would give Moltz another shot at fullback. His support play is 2nd to none.

Both are special (and different styles of) players!

Please reserve the negative opinions of Rob until he can string together a full season - the same goes for Moltz (who is an undoubtedly brilliant ball-running half - but he has only had a handful of games in the 7 - while Lui has now played semis footy there and excelled)!!!

hammer is again totally right - Moltz's combination with Benji is even more established/practised from FB where he can play a Hodgo style role - supporting and ball-playing!

We all rightfully worry about his kick-taking and returns - but he is a tall multi-talented kid - while Lui is a natural 7/6!

@redemption said:
hammer is again totally right - Moltz's combination with Benji is even more established/practised from FB where he can play a Hodgo style role - supporting and ball-playing!

We all rightfully worry about his kick-taking and returns - but he is a tall multi-talented kid - while Lui is a natural 7/6!

You would have to say that is where Moltzen has the edge over Mckinnon and Brown. The fullback role is that of another playmaker these days, Having Moltz at fullback is like having 3 halves on the field.
Then again too many chiefs… its a good headache to have

@Fraze23 said:
@redemption said:

You would have to say that is where Moltzen has the edge over Mckinnon and Brown. The fullback role is that of another playmaker these days, Having Moltz at fullback is like having 3 halves on the field.
Then again too many chiefs… its a good headache to have

… but Moltzen also loves to run at space - and (unlike Hodgo) he is like the wind (I'd back him to be quicker than Slater in a straight foot-race)!

We bought Wade for his support play from the back - and Tim could be even better in time!

If he improves his general play at fullback (Positioning, catching etc) and his support play is up there with hodgsons. Then i would love to have him at fullback and Lui at half. Couldnt agree more on his pace, he'd have slater covered hands down.

id like to see something along the lines of

mckinnon
tuiaki
lawry
brown
lote

benji
moltz
\
\
14.ayshford
\
\
how ever i wouldnt be opposed to brown playing FB…he excelled there at the end of last year and mckinnon dropping to PL....but i really think moltz is either at 7 or not in the side because there are better options in the other positions he plays

@innsaneink said:
A centre on the bench is no more nor less ridiculous the Sheens infatuation with a small winger there

ayshford can play more then centre…he can fill in at 6 if need be lock and wing...at the worst he could fill in at lock...he is a ready made utility he just needs to put on a bit of muscle..

IMO ayshford while solid isnt one of our better centre options and a move in to the backrow while still being able to adequately cover centre 5/8 and wing is where he will be best suited... or maybe just not in the side all together...i dunno....

@triangle choke said:
@innsaneink said:
A centre on the bench is no more nor less ridiculous the Sheens infatuation with a small winger there

ayshford can play more then centre…he can fill in at 6 if need be lock and wing...at the worst he could fill in at lock...he is a ready made utility he just needs to put on a bit of muscle..

IMO ayshford while solid isnt one of our better centre options and a move in to the backrow while still being able to adequately cover centre 5/8 and wing is where he will be best suited... or maybe just not in the side all together...i dunno....

When I see it I might beieive it….hes still learning the ropes in NRL as a centre....hes no utility

Back