Tiger Tim Fighting Fit

Blake is a special talent at centre (great defender and consistent yardage maker - his best is yet to come) - Brown is a mere fill-in!!!

Enough said TC!

@innsaneink said:
@triangle choke said:
@innsaneink said:
A centre on the bench is no more nor less ridiculous the Sheens infatuation with a small winger there

ayshford can play more then centre…he can fill in at 6 if need be lock and wing...at the worst he could fill in at lock...he is a ready made utility he just needs to put on a bit of muscle..

IMO ayshford while solid isnt one of our better centre options and a move in to the backrow while still being able to adequately cover centre 5/8 and wing is where he will be best suited... or maybe just not in the side all together...i dunno....

When I see it I might beieive it….hes still learning the ropes in NRL as a centre....hes no utility

Agree with Ink on this one - Ayshford is still developing as a centre. Back on topic though, Moltzen will be in the 17 somewhere, I'd bet vital parts of my anatomy on it.

willow - I agree that Moltz will absolutely be in the top 17 - but it is impossible to predict where until Lui's scenario is determined!

Ayshford will also be in the starting backline if fit!

Tim Moltzen should start the Year at 7…and he should stay there for 24 rounds..2 finals games and win the Clive Churchill in the Grand Final...

Cmon Sheens you know you want too...

@willow said:
Agree with Ink on this one - Ayshford is still developing as a centre. Back on topic though, Moltzen will be in the 17 somewhere, I'd bet vital parts of my anatomy on it.

Thats some Confidence Willow - Only minor bits.

Ayshford seems to have good hands to put people in gaps - Give him another 30 games in FG and then look out.

Noyce still talks about the one that got away from the Rooters.

something like 77 days to go….

Ayshford came of age in 2010 - look out for his combination with Moltz in 2011!!

Both are top class players in their own right - and will go onto bigger and better things in their footy careers!

Be that with or without the Tigers!

You all know where I want them to finish their careers!

@Fraze23 said:
@redemption said:
hammer is again totally right - Moltz's combination with Benji is even more established/practised from FB where he can play a Hodgo style role - supporting and ball-playing!

We all rightfully worry about his kick-taking and returns - but he is a tall multi-talented kid - while Lui is a natural 7/6!

You would have to say that is where Moltzen has the edge over Mckinnon and Brown. The fullback role is that of another playmaker these days, Having Moltz at fullback is like having 3 halves on the field.
Then again too many chiefs… its a good headache to have

Make it 4, given the way Robbie plays.

In all seriousness, I think if Sheens works on Moltzen's defensive play and highball, we could see Moltzen in the no.1 jersey and I would have abs. no probs with it TBH.

If Moltz starts the season at FB…. I can't wait for the complaining to start.

In my mind...

Fullback will be weakened with Moltz in the role, he was a different player when he wore the 7 jersey. His support play from FB left alot to be desired and he didn't command the team around as he should have.

Play Moltz at FB, you weaken the position when we have Brown and McKinnon
Play Moltz in the cneters, you weaken the position given we have Lawrence, Ayshford and Daniella
Play Moltz at HB, you strengthen the position

So where do you play him? Lui is a talent... so was Degois.. you don't just shove talented players into positions for the sake of playing them. Lui will play second fiddle to Tim, if Tim doesn't perform... Lui gets his chance.

We do not need a playmaker at FB either imo, we just need someone with excellent support play and safety in the air, especially given our hopelessness last season.

@Kaiser said:
His support play from FB left alot to be desired and he didn't command the team around as he should have.

Dunno about that one mate. Check out the highlight reels. Don't know how many times Benji threw the inside ball back to Moltz steaming up through a hole in the centre of the field.

His support play is exceptional and he has pace to burn, unlike McKinnon and Brown.

@hammertime said:
Dunno about that one mate. Check out the highlight reels. Don't know how many times Benji threw the inside ball back to Moltz steaming up through a hole in the centre of the field.

His support play is exceptional and he has pace to burn, unlike McKinnon and Brown

Your talking about a set play dude, thats not support play..

Always found him missing (I could be wrong) in broken play, I also remember alot of people here getting upset over his positional play as he got caught out quite a bit…

@Kaiser said:
@hammertime said:

His support play is exceptional and he has pace to burn, unlike McKinnon and Brown

Always found him missing (I could be wrong) in broken play, I also remember alot of people here getting upset over his positional play as he got caught out quite a bit…

The thing I never liked about Moltzen at fullback were his pedestrian kick returns which never put the Tigers on the front foot. This is one area where Mitch Brown is very good at, even Ryan when he's switched on and in form, they bring the ball back a lot harder and also make a lot of hitups out of dummyhalf.

The trials will reveal more as I think we will see 2 or 3 options used at fullback.

@willow said:
@Kaiser said:
@hammertime said:

The thing I never liked about Moltzen at fullback were his pedestrian kick returns which never put the Tigers on the front foot. This is one area where Mitch Brown is very good at, even Ryan when he's switched on and in form, they bring the ball back a lot harder and also make a lot of hitups out of dummyhalf.

The trials will reveal more as I think we will see 2 or 3 options used at fullback.

with moltzen at half he can still be part of those set plays

with brown at fullback we can still have those kick returns…

i think i may see a future for lui in state cup till an injury occurs unfortunately...

@Kaiser said:
@hammertime said:

exactly right. moltzens support play is terrible however his running is brilliant. they are 2 completely different things.

hodgo wasnt a brilliant runner of the ball however if someone even looked like making a half break or getting thier hands free he was there waiting for it.

moltzens positional play makes jarryd hayne look like clive churchill. watch the must win game from round 25 v the titans in 2009 for some prime examples. if we had a proper fullback we would have won that game. titans scored 3 tries directly due to moltzens terrible positioning.

also in attack when he plays fullback he looks lost and kinda stands around abit. when he plays 7 he gets the ball often and is forced to run it, hence the havoc he reguarly creates.

brown and mckinnon are much much better options at the back then moltz, he is a hugely talented footballer but a 1 he isnt.

Ever since Prince left we've suffered because we don;t have an organising halfback who directs a team around the park and who has a good kicking game. This leaves Benji and Robbie to concentrate on what they are really good at and tear teams apart (look at Benji's Tri-Nations games with an organising halfback).
Moltzen is a very good ball runner who can hit a gap and make a break and then set people up. He is not an organising halfback and I really don;t remember much of a kicking game.
Lui was starting to look more and more like an organiser as he found his feet after injury in the back end of last season and deserves to stay there. Lui at 7 was also Sheens' original plan at the start of last season regardless of how many articles say Moltzen was our first choice 7.
Which means Moltzen is looking for a position because he is a pretty ordinary fullback. He's a very good player no question but I don;t think he's the best solution for the 7 or the 1 spots assuming Lui keeps playing as he did at the end of last season. I also think there's a tinge of rose coloured hindsight looking back at how he played in the first 5 rounds some many many months ago.
Whatever happens though he is a very good player and Sheens will find a place for him.

Im going to put another name forward,Since we have mentioned Moltz at FB among others like McKinnon, Brown Ryan, etc ,what about Mullaney? Would he be up to it yet? Getting back to Moltz I really dont have a preverance for him just as long as he is in the 17 but not FB,Dont ask me where,Im not Sheensy.

@balmainbenny said:
Im going to put another name forward,Since we have mentioned Moltz at FB among others like McKinnon, Brown Ryan, etc ,what about Mullaney? Would he be up to it yet? Getting back to Moltz I really dont have a preverance for him just as long as he is in the 17 but not FB,Dont ask me where,Im not Sheensy.

I don't think Mullaney's quite up to it yet, needs some time in the lower grades, still so young and needs to bulk up a lot.

He's a great option for the future though.

With regards to Timmy Moltz - glad I don't have to decide where he's going to play. Sheensy will decide, and his

decision will only please half of the people! :laughing:

@softlaw said:
Ever since Prince left we've suffered because we don;t have an organising halfback who directs a team around the park and who has a good kicking game. This leaves Benji and Robbie to concentrate on what they are really good at and tear teams apart (look at Benji's Tri-Nations games with an organising halfback).
Moltzen is a very good ball runner who can hit a gap and make a break and then set people up. He is not an organising halfback and I really don;t remember much of a kicking game.
Lui was starting to look more and more like an organiser as he found his feet after injury in the back end of last season and deserves to stay there. Lui at 7 was also Sheens' original plan at the start of last season regardless of how many articles say Moltzen was our first choice 7.
Which means Moltzen is looking for a position because he is a pretty ordinary fullback. He's a very good player no question but I don;t think he's the best solution for the 7 or the 1 spots assuming Lui keeps playing as he did at the end of last season. I also think there's a tinge of rose coloured hindsight looking back at how he played in the first 5 rounds some many many months ago.
Whatever happens though he is a very good player and Sheens will find a place for him.

Lui… leading the pack around? Never quite understood the "we need an organising halfback" argument... perhaps I never will. We don't play a typical, structured brand of footy. I doubt we ever will and this is why think the arguments for an organising halfback are flawed.

I also didn't see Lui lead anything around last season... saw Benji and Farah... hell I even saw Ryan / Fitzy doing it when they played at FB...

We need someone who can keep the opp guessing. Lui is and will only ever act as a link between Farah and Marshall. Look at Kimmorley this season... the Dogs were so predictable in their play, although Kimmorley's an organising half, he did little more than pass... he rarely ran it because he didn't have the legs and when he did, was caught 10m later. I also saw blokes run past Lui as though he was projected onto the field... also a few times he turned to chase and gave up 10 - 20m into the chase... unforgivable in my book.

Moltzens key is his ability to run the footy. He can do everything Lui can, but has pace to burn!

@Kaiser said:

In my mind...

Fullback will be weakened with Moltz in the role, he was a different player when he wore the 7 jersey. His support play from FB left alot to be desired and he didn't command the team around as he should have.

Play Moltz in the cneters, you weaken the position given we have Lawrence, Ayshford and Daniella

So where do you play him? Lui is a talent... so was Degois.. you don't just shove talented players into positions for the sake of playing them. **Lui will play second fiddle to Tim, if Tim doesn't perform... Lui gets his chance.**
We do not need a playmaker at FB either imo, we just need someone with excellent support play and safety in the air, especially given our hopelessness last season.

Only if Sheens has changed his mind
Moltzen was clearly 2nd behind Lui in the pecking order this season.
However, things have changed.
Moltzens had a knee recon, and Lui's had strife with the cops.
Who knows whats in store?
None of us here, thats fo sho

@innsaneink said:
@Kaiser said:

In my mind...

So where do you play him? Lui is a talent... so was Degois.. you don't just shove talented players into positions for the sake of playing them. **Lui will play second fiddle to Tim, if Tim doesn't perform... Lui gets his chance.**

Only if Sheens has changed his mind
**Moltzen was clearly 2nd behind Lui in the pecking order this season.**However, things have changed.
Moltzens had a knee recon, and Lui's had strife with the cops.
Who knows whats in store?
None of us here, thats fo sho

So it wasn't just me who saw Tim in the 1 and Rob in the 7 in RD 1 of 2010!!!!!!!

I agree that the extra depth at fullback + Lui's legal status has changed the landscape since then - but to suggest Lui is just a back-up half at the club is pure nonsense!

Trials will play a big part in naming the RD 1 2011 team!

@Mrs T said:
@balmainbenny said:

I don't think Mullaney's quite up to it yet, needs some time in the lower grades, still so young and needs to bulk up a lot.

He's a great option for the future though.

With regards to Timmy Moltz - glad I don't have to decide where he's going to play. Sheensy will decide, and his

decision will only please half of the people! :laughing:

As long as Sheens puts him at halfback..I wont have a problem with it at all…

Latest posts

Members online

Back