Tim Moltzen

Brilliant today.

The only issue I think we have with him in the halves is we still have no kicking game.

At least in the short term though, its by far our best option.

I won;t go anywhere near that far MacDougall but he's an actual half who knows where to be & what to do with ball in hand. Good running half who also has a nice pass and vision.
He's also got a kicking game it just needs some more time for him to really bring it on I think.
His speed was what surprised me today!

…..is a gun and exactly what we need at half. We've got 2 playmakers already and although he can always improve the kicking game, if he continues doing what he's doing we're a smokey for the comp!

:wink:

has been outstanding this year even at fullback which I know alot of people didnt agree with

He's the answer for 1/2 back for the future i hope he stays there for 2010
With the team playing well i don't know how we could fit taumata in the team especially with MM having another blinder

He has a good long kicking game but I think he feels he should give it to Benji. Just kick it son you are going well.

@Kaiser said:
@softlaw said:

Same thing surprised me last game.. he's dynamite of the mark!! Perfect attribute for a half back to have!

Not only that he maintains his pace over a long distance….He has football pace....

I was calling for Tim Moltzen to be put at halfback at the start of last year during the trials. Instead we kept Morris in the halves which was a massive mistake. Oh well, Timmy is halfback now and he is playing well. Keep it up Timmy! :sunglasses:

He's Trent Barrett like but with more speed. Just needs to work on his choice of kicks.

@Geo. said:
@Kaiser said:
@softlaw said:

Same thing surprised me last game.. he's dynamite of the mark!! Perfect attribute for a half back to have!

Not only that he maintains his pace over a long distance….He has football pace....

Holds his pace well, there are a lot in the game who take off quick but shorten badly once they get over 50-60m. I can remember one of Fitzy's early games against Manly where he bagged an 80 metre intercept only to almost be run down by Hopoate as he shortened badly over the last 20\. Moltzen doesn't have this problem. He's also very good off the mark, check out the 2 tries he bagged against the Titans in the last round last year playing centre. He was through the gap and over the line very quickly.

He's looking great at halfback. His speed over distance today was almost Lawrence-like. He's also got a terrific right foot step.

While he did a good job when he was at fullback, I do wonder why we didn't see his line breaking ability when he was playing there.

apparently he has a massive boot on him. im yet to see him thump one down-field, but with robbie n benji doing the kicking i dont think he needs to worry too much about it. in saying that, if he gets the ball on last he should have a crack at it or even put up an explosive one while on the attack.

@Torbizlo said:
apparently he has a massive boot on him. im yet to see him thump one down-field, but with robbie n benji doing the kicking i dont think he needs to worry too much about it. in saying that, if he gets the ball on last he should have a crack at it or even put up an explosive one while on the attack.

He put in 2 gret kicks today …his chase was outstanding...

I thought this year was going to be a transition year where we wouldn't challenge for the premiership but put us in good stead for next season for a possible tilt. Moltzen's stint at fullback I think may have given him some confidence and some further understanding of FG which was needed. He just now seems a more complete player. Deffinately deserves his shot at halfback which is his natural position.

I posted in another thread last week I thought he was fast and today further proved that. Some real speedstars in this side.

Back