To make the finals

Kul

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Going off tonight's result, we suddenly have a much better chance of making the finals.
If the raiders can topple the Knights then we will really be in with a shot.

Our F/A is supprisingly good - all things considered - and if we can just throw a few together then who knows…

I just get the feeling that the Souths and Bulldogs games will end up costing us

While I'm not 'confident', I think if we can roll the Cowboys next week we are still in with a chance.

We still have winnable games against the Raiders, Sharks (both away), Roosters and Eels (both home).

If we play to our ability we could/should win all those games.

Then we'd need to win two or three games vs Eagles (home), Titans (away) and Dogs (home).

Unlikely, but not impossible.

I've thought it for weeks and still do - we are no chance IMO. Yes we scored some tries against Souths, but we also allowed them to score 20 points. Remember they are extremely ordinary. Our defence is still poor at the end of the day, it is nowhere near solid enough to be competitive at the end of the year.

To be fair, all of their tries came off the back of either our stupidity (ie Benji's flick), or poor discipline (direct result from a penalty).

We definitely looked sharper in attack, and our defence wasn't that bad I didn't think (bar the above).

Beat the Cows and Raiders and all of a sudden we're on 20 points and hot on the heels of the top 8.

I'll ruffle the feathers of some when I say this, but have you noticed how the opposition ALWAYS scores off the back of a Corey Payne, John Morris or Daine Laurie penalty mid way down the field?
It's uncanny!

Keep winning,,,

I'll stick up for Todd…I loved him at centre off Benji when he put Tuiaki away...

You can throw Gibbs in with that lot but Payne is the main offender.

I've been resigned to the fact now for quite a few weeks our season is over, if we do in fact make the eight I will be the most surprised supporter ever….though I do know what you mean, Souths win last night has given cause to me thinking slighlty along the lines of "what if.....?"
If they can go from such complete garbage to the way they won last nite, why cant we?

Yeah… usually hate seeing Souths win... but that really buggers up the Panthers... they WONT make the 8... It gives us a bit more hope and if we do get in the 8.. it will be an absolute miracle!

If there was one team that could come from behind and grab a spot it would be the tigers

I dont think we'll make it. Sure we played well last week but we've shown for the last 4 years that we just cant keep the standard up.

Add to that, its not like other teams are going to play as bad as Souths did every week either.

We'll be a nuisance for teams above us but that'll be it in my opinion.

The sad thing is that while we aren't in the 'top 8' we are deffinetaly one of the eight best teams in the comp

Our run home isn't easy but in the same token it isn't that difficult either. If the team can start playing some smart consistant football I think we're a realistic chance. Should by the grace of God we do make, I really believe we'll cause an upset or two and really give this competition a shake.

It would be a miracle if we make it
on our inconsistent form this year, we have next to no chance of getting there. But you never know whats going on in the minds of the team, they could be really pumped up and ready to play these last few weeks….and if the club ever needed a miracle it's now...becuase its going down the drain....quickly.

We can, but the players need to harden up and show that they are serious. All of our games are winnable. We need to show up.

@steven_tiger said:
While I'm not 'confident', I think if we can roll the Cowboys next week we are still in with a chance.

We still have winnable games against the Raiders, Sharks (both away), Roosters and Eels (both home).

If we play to our ability we could/should win all those games.

Then we'd need to win two or three games vs Eagles (home), Titans (away) and Dogs (home).

Unlikely, but not impossible.

Mostly agree, it's not impossible, but is unlikely. We need everyone fit and ready to go. The return of Galloway should add something to the forward pack. The games against the Bulldogs, Manly and Gold Coast are the ones where we will likely fall. I think Manly will be the most difficult of the three.

***spoiler***

both results today certainly helped us!

Back