Tommy Talau #225

Strange. We seem to love giving players away to Manly ie. Sironen, Taupau, Paseka, Talau, Aloiai, that other dog bloke we got from Melbourne who mailed it in every game of 2022.

Strange how Sheens spruiked Talau as basically a new signing to make us a better side and 7 games later he has signed with Manly. Things change way too quickly at WT. Sheens is chasing his tail; old boy doesn't seem to have a clue anymore...
Nah, he saw Talau play and realised he spoke too soon.

I'm one of the few that believe Tommy if he can remain injury free will be a decent player. Seems we have a talent for moving them on not so good at attracting them.
I think a good run of games would help him, he's still young.

Would rather have got rid of others before him (eg To'a). But not the end of the world.

Something has to have happened behind the scenes.
Sheens and Benji raved about Talau and Talau said he was so grateful to the club for they way they stuck by him.
Now he's leaving. It's all very strange.
I didn't rate him.
He's off contract and not enough game time to offer him another contract.

Strange. We seem to love giving players away to Manly ie. Sironen, Taupau, Paseka, Talau, Aloiai, that other dog bloke we got from Melbourne who mailed it in every game of 2022.
Yeah I was disappointed to lose Tapau he was my fav player at the time.

We send our best to Manly & St George Illawarra.

I'm one of the few that believe Tommy if he can remain injury free will be a decent player. Seems we have a talent for moving them on not so good at attracting them.
Agreed, he's only really played a decent string of games once in his career which was in 2021 where he scored 11 tries in 22 games. People forget he's still only 22 and has only played 2 games since that 2021 season.

I can see this being one of those scenarios where fans are happy to see him leave, but will blow up in a few years time when he kicks on elsewhere and becomes a great player.

Something has to have happened behind the scenes.
Sheens and Benji raved about Talau and Talau said he was so grateful to the club for they way they stuck by him.
Now he's leaving. It's all very strange.
I didn't rate him.
Talked up his value. His spot is clearly taken by Kepoa. It’s obvious to all Kepoa is the better player and Naden when fit is ahead of him.

Whatever you say about Tommy, he is going to a better place and a better club wanted him. You can say the same about anyone else that has left in the last few years. They are all in a better place now.
We have changed one person on the board, until all of the rot at board level is gone we will go nowhere.

piss him off now. i don’t care about the lack of depth. we nursed him all through last year where he didn’t even get a game, started the season with him at right centre despite his very clear fitness issues and now he goes and signs with the silvertails.

what a derrick.
Yep.
Wonder what happened between him and Sheens? Tim talked him up all off season.

Whatever you say about Tommy, he is going to a better place and a better club wanted him. You can say the same about anyone else that has left in the last few years. They are all in a better place now.
We have changed one person on the board, until all of the rot at board level is gone we will go nowhere.

They are definitely at better clubs. The average players like momo and garner are still only depth at better clubs. Cheekam holding his own like he did with us. All clubs need average players to balance the books. We won’t improve until we recruit or develop better than average players across the park.

I feel a player like Tommy won’t make or break us. Our pack is the best it’s been in years. He’s still depth at manly at the moment. With some luck, hopefully Bula can live up to his “potential” and that’s one more small step.

Always hoped he would be good for us given his size and position he was ear marked for but never really kicked on, injuries didn’t help. Think he just lacks that bit off speed Which imo would have helped his d and attack.
can’t see him being a regular but wish him the best.

Strange how Sheens spruiked Talau as basically a new signing to make us a better side and 7 games later he has signed with Manly. Things change way too quickly at WT. Sheens is chasing his tail; old boy doesn't seem to have a clue anymore...

Sheens was probably living in the past thinking about Talau's father and thought he was a clone

Back