Trying to stay positive

Tigerpete

So i'm like a lot in here, just trying to stay positive in bad situation. Not as easily done as said is it? I've given Sheens one final toss of the coin, it's this season or the highway! So far the signs are no different to past seasons which is what frustrates me. This squad IS our best squad ever in my opinion. Yet through some questionable purchases, followed by team selections and now injuries and player ego's it's all becoming rather hard to cop.

Like i said, i'm trying to stay positive, hoping we can get ourselves out of this mess but the blame has to lay somewhere. For now it rests on our key players, Benji and Robbie, they are our generals and right now they are letting themselves, their team mates , their coach and most importantly the clubs supporters down. They need a reality check!

I struggle to comprehend the article in SMH this morning which states if the Tigers miss the finals this year, Sheens won't be retained after 2011, what about the end of this season? Surely they can't be contemplating one final throw of the dice. If they do that then the supporters will go ballistic!

how do the up and comers feel about fitzy being in first grade , hard for them to stay patiently positive, especially loosing 4 on the trot.

@Tigerpete said:
I struggle to comprehend the article in SMH this morning which states if the Tigers miss the finals this year, Sheens won't be retained after 2011, what about the end of this season? Surely they can't be contemplating one final throw of the dice. If they do that then the supporters will go ballistic!

He is signed up for the 2011 season. I don't know what options they would have to get out of the contract. I think sheens himself would have to walk.

I think that we are all pretty depressed at the moment, especially those of us that are following this forum ! This weekends game will be such a pressure game for the Tigers, and can they handle the pressure ! And as for Fitzy, I think he is only a very small part of the problem.

@tigeress said:
I think that we are all pretty depressed at the moment, especially those of us that are following this forum ! This weekends game will be such a pressure game for the Tigers, and can they handle the pressure ! And as for Fitzy, I think he is only a very small part of the problem.

Your right mate. I've said it before. Fitzy's the scapegoat. He's not the problem. He's not even on the scale.

geez guys what do you need to happen roof fall on youre head one semi final in seven years one of the worst displays in recent history player unrest stay positive pffft :deadhorse:

@Tigerpete said:
So i'm like a lot in here, just trying to stay positive in bad situation. Not as easily done as said is it? I've given Sheens one final toss of the coin, it's this season or the highway! So far the signs are no different to past seasons which is what frustrates me. This squad IS our best squad ever in my opinion. Yet through some questionable purchases, followed by team selections and now injuries and player ego's it's all becoming rather hard to cop.

Like i said, i'm trying to stay positive, hoping we can get ourselves out of this mess but the blame has to lay somewhere. For now it rests on our key players, Benji and Robbie, they are our generals and right now they are letting themselves, their team mates , their coach and most importantly the clubs supporters down. They need a reality check!

Youre consistent pete, youre true…your attitude hasnt changed an ounce since i read your very first post whenever it was, but it was many years ago...always positive.. always upbeat, dont change mate, its an admirable trait and im sure its the same in real life

:sign:

@innsaneink said:
@Tigerpete said:

Youre consistent pete, youre true…your attitude hasnt changed an ounce since i read your very first post whenever it was, but it was many years ago...always positive.. always upbeat, dont change mate, its an admirable trait and im sure its the same in real life

:sign:

Thanks ink.

I know we're struggling. Of course the coach needs to go but until it happens i'm not going to get worked up over it, It's only a game, my life don't depend on it, I'll still wake up tomorrow. There will be a better tomorrow for us all, i just hate to think how long we'll have to wait.

Thats all true Pete …..... but that capitulation last week has really stung me like nothing has for a long time. When I got home on Sunday night I just had this pain in my gut that seemed to go deep down. Didn't feel like dinner, didn't feel like a beer, didn't feel like discussing the game on the phone with the old bloke. Then when I went to bed, I dwelled on it for most of the night. Then turned up to work and everyone starts to ask "What happened to the Tigers" ..... ohhh don't you hate that ..... really rubs it right in.

I know its only footy and a bloke shouldn't let it get to him but its easier said than done. It can be a very hard task at times following the Wests Tigers. I can only hope the players have enough pride in themselves and the jumper they play in to turn it around against the Knights on Friday night.

Well said Tigerpete!

So much talk, so much finger pointing, so much loss of faith in our team, players and as always the coach.

The simple fact is we are out of form. We'll rise again. We just need a win to build on. Back it up with another and work our way back into confidence and good form. Benji especially is a confidence player.

There may be some bickering but don't read too much into it. What workplace doesn't have bickering employees at times. It blows over in most cases. I dont expect every player at the club to be best mates.

I'm very positive the boys will get over Newcastle and I'll be supporting each and every one of them. I really think people forget how long a season is and the ups and downs most clubs have. No point dwelling on the negatives. So we haven't won for a month. Move on and harden up. If the players are hosting the same negative thoughts as alot of you so called fans, then they'll never win another game.

Our biggest concern should be injuries atm. Everything else is in their control.

I'm just hoping for the Tigers to play a bit smarter you know. We don't have a forward pack that can outmuscle too many teams and with some of the creative and attacking players in the team, such as Farah and Marshall (albeit when they are in form) we can trouble most sides. If the Tigers play to their full potential I can see them winning the comp. Getting that ability out of the players on a consistent basis is the problem though, and sticking to the gameplan also seems to be a problem.

It has to start with the attitude of the players though. I'm sure Sheens is not inept when it comes to coaching, but something in his approach, and the players attitude needs to change. They need to start respecting one another and backing each other up 100% all of the time. Body language says a lot about a person, and right now the body language of the players is poor, and any footballer with a decent brain going up against the Tigers can see this. On paper there is plenty of talent within the squad, but getting the side to play as a team week-in, week-out is a huge problem at the moment. I'm not sure where to start as far as fixing it is concerned, but going back to 2005 I remember when the Tigers had their good winning run, they played as a team very well. Everyone had a role to play and they executed it brilliantly.

At the moment the execution is the worst it has been for a number years, despite having arguably a stronger lineup on paper compared to 2005\. I would love to see the side turn it around, we all would I'm sure, it makes for much more enjoyable conversation on here.

Now at the start of the season, the team would have sat down and set goals for themselves throughout the year. Making the finals is one of them, and at the moment on current form, this will not happen. If the players and team as a whole are fair dinkum and serious about making the finals, they're going to have to show a bit of respect for one another, unite together and play as team with confidence and a positive attitude.

Your right Tooth. There's every chance we could rise again on friday night. So much of our success depends on having Farah and Marshall on form. Thats what happens with dominant players in any side, essentially your chances rest on their shoulders because they're given the responsibility in the game plan. Thats why this week i've probably backed the team a little more than most.
Don't get me wrong, i'm disgusted with last sunday but i really aim most of that disgust at Benji and Robbie because 1.they are the focal point of our success and 2\. they seem to be the two players "letting down" the side right now.

the team controls its own destiny.
if they desire/want bad enough to make the finals they will.
to be honest they have to prove it to themselves, no-one else.
work together as a team, not as 17 individual players.

Back