UFC & MMA Discussion

Did you see one judge called it 49 - 46 ?

Lolllll

Hilarious.

I'd say it was a close fight but Islam won no doubt.

Volk was impressive nonetheless and I think he'd do well against most of the top 10 at light weight.

Islam only won via MMA scoring and that fight showed the flaws in MMA scoring. If they took away the control idea then it'd be even closer and maybe a Volk win.

I gave Volk no chance but he did more damage. If it was Volk's belt and they get rid of the stupid control idea then Volk wins.

I like Islam as well. I reckon he is a great guy.

Last edited:
That was entertaining as.

Volk is very strong.
He fought well.

Islam won with his control.
Strong IQ.

Volk could honestly beat 90% of the lightweight division I think.
Volk now must be recognised as the very top of the MMA, as he said, perhaps with different tactics he could achieve more and exploit Islam's relative weakness due to the weight reduction regime close to the fight. But it is always easy to be a Monday morning Quarterback;)

Last edited:
I'm still pretty angry over that result. It was close and I can see how Islam won but geez that is a rough call.

The kid from WA absolutely killed it out there. Yair was a beast as well. Yair vs Volk could be a great fight.

That event got me back into MMA.

Volk's grappling coach and one of the best in the world destroying Chael.

Awesome to see the huge amount of support for Volk I think they said it sold the most PPVs for any event in Australia and New Zealand.

If this was a fight in Brazil and Volk was a Brazilian fighter he would have won 100%

I just saw the fight.
I’m not a big UFC fan as I hate the wrestling crap ( lying on your back, kicking like a [This word has been automatically removed])…
Volk was definitely the most dangerous fighter. He hammered the Russian. Not sure how they score this stuff, but the wrong man lost as far as who got beaten up goes.

I laughed at Jones in his press conference stating he has a god given talent and that it is his responsibility and job to use it and prove he is the best of all time, leaving a leagacy for others to look up to for many years..

Your legacy is already decided…YOU ARE A REPEAT DRUG CHEAT!!!! Everything he has achieved is tainted. He is not in the conversation for GOAT, because of his own behaviour. It’s pretty disgusting the UFC allows him to still compete and is a definitive indicator that it is a trash organisation.

Latest posts

Back