Use of the Bench

tig_prmz

I'm sure every coach has his own plan for the use of the bench but we really missed the trick here.

Simpkin was never going to be able to play full 80, Tuilagi was never going to be able to defend strongly for 80. They've had less than half a dozen games.

Garner and Seyfarth weren't that good when they came on but putting them in the 70th minute with the pressure on isn't fair to them.

Hughes try was due to Simpkin not closing the gap quickly, the Hughes break for Coates try for fatigue from Tuilagi.

Get better, Madge.

This is a massive error.

I'm lost for words at the logic behind.

LL and Kelma played well.

We played with a 2 man bench!?
why not they did......
They both played well but if they could learn to pass a bit more they would be so much better. they starve our outside backs

why not they did......
They both played well but if they could learn to pass a bit more they would be so much better. they starve our outside backs
Look like it was the game plan.

Worked well in the first half.
The bench use was so blatantly overlooked by the coaching staff tonight for no real reason.

I wrote a thread about this last season. Did joffa even come back on ? Madge is dead set cooked

Looked well coach for the first 40 minutes.
Then, all out the window.

Seyfarth looked impactful.. but came on and was up against it already for the last 18 minutes.

Garner was a wasted bench spot... as he wasn't used.

Is this a Sheens move ? The old, back on the bench till the last 5 mins... except he hasn't been a back since 20s.

Abhorrent.

Twal only played 47 mins. Injured? Peachey got the extra mins. Left the forwards on the bench.

Looked well coach for the first 40 minutes.
Then, all out the window.

Seyfarth looked impactful.. but came on and was up against it already for the last 18 minutes.

Garner was a wasted bench spot... as he wasn't used.

Is this a Sheens move ? The old, back on the bench till the last 5 mins... except he hasn't been a back since 20s.

Abhorrent.
Garner and Seyfartg were not good, we need better

This is a massive error.

I'm lost for words at the logic behind.

LL and Kelma played well.

We played with a 2 man bench!?
. . . . . . . and funnily enough the commentators kept crapping on about Storm being down to 15, at least it was due to injuries, ours was down to stupidity.

Had been one of the coaches worst traits for years. He can’t seem to judge the game and give tired players a break.

He seems to expect players to go beyond their capabilities because it fits a preconceived game plan.

No one could think that that Simpkin would play more than 60 minutes. The lack of use of Seyfarth was ridiculous. Musgrove has hardly played in the last couple of years.

These decisions have cost us games and continue to do so

I'm sure every coach has his own plan for the use of the bench but we really missed the trick here.

Simpkin was never going to be able to play full 80, Tuilagi was never going to be able to defend strongly for 80. They've had less than half a dozen games.

Garner and Seyfarth weren't that good when they came on but putting them in the 70th minute with the pressure on isn't fair to them.

Hughes try was due to Simpkin not closing the gap quickly, the Hughes break for Coates try for fatigue from Tuilagi.

Get better, Madge.
Agree - We played a team down to a 15 man rotation when Jennings went off but played a 15 man rotation ourselves for 60 minutes and then gave Garner 10. Storm were completely gassed at a couple of stages in the game but we didn't put fresh legs on to take advantage

Latest posts

Back