Watmough

Nors05

Rumour that he isn't happy at Manly.

If he is leaving we would be out of our minds to not make a play for him. He is everything we need in a backrower and more.

Obviously not on a long contract but on a short term 1-2 years. Would give us time to develop youngsters.

@Nors05 said:
Rumour that he isn't happy at Manly.

If he is leaving we would be out of our minds to make a play for him. He is everything we need in a backrower and more.

Obviously not on a long contract but on a short term 1-2 years. Would give us time to develop youngsters.

forgot the "NOT to make a play…".

agree wholeheartedly. he has always been pretty much THE player i would have loved to have at the tigers all this time. i think he is an awesome player and could bring a hell of a lot to the club next year with his attitude on the field and experience - even if we do have 32 back rowers in the squad....

He will be on 900k a year next year at Manly so that should cheer him up a bit.

arent manly having cap issues? thats why they had to get rid of g stewart.

People want to sign Watmough

There another bloke who wants out that would be a huge signing for us

Steve Matai isn't happy but he is trying to get to the Warriors

EXACTLY what the Tigers need A centre with some mongrel

@happy tiger said:

Matai is more a grub than anything else
Not the culture we want at our club
He gets up after every tackle like he has hurt himself.

I'm up for some Watmough action, he has a killer offload that promotes 2nd phase play.
Bit like Gareth Ellis

@Love the WestsTigers said:
@happy tiger said:

I'm up for some Watmough action, he has a killer offload that promotes 2nd phase play.
Bit like Gareth Ellis

Matai is a bloody good centre , far better than anything we have at the moment

Grub or no grub we desperately need a quality centre

@happy tiger said:
@happy tiger said:

Bit like Gareth Ellis

Matai is a bloody good centre , far better than anything we have at the moment

Grub or no grub we desperately need a quality centre

I agree, wests-tigers backline " are too nice"
they need a player, in the backline who gets up in the faces of all opponents and really pisses them off. :pray:
Steve Matai, does this each time he plays.

as for Anthony Watmough, no hesitation at him signing to play for wests-tigers either.
he would be an astute signing, and wests-tigers benefit from his presence.

I'd burn my Jersey if that grub ever played for us.

Bit like Gareth Ellis

We should drop this club culture nonsense. If we want to build a side that may actually threaten the competition & take out a premiership, we need to put aside personal opinions of players characters & worry about playing ability alone.

I would take a so called grub from another club over half of our side which under performs on a weekly basis.

We have no winning culture, that's the only thing the club needs to worry about. No one wants to support a side who consistently struggles to make the top 8.

Ask a kid who there favorite players are, majority are from winning sides at the top of the comp.

@happy tiger said:

Bit like Gareth Ellis

Yeah, cos having a team of clean skins is taking us a long way. Some people are ridiculous, they complain about wanting things changed but are too scared too get to get their hands dirty. Who cares if you have a grub or two in your team. Thats actually a good thing believe it or not. As long as they stay out of trouble off the field whats the problem? A bit of white line fever never hurt anybody.

If be going guns blazing to try and sign Inu and Hurrell. Lawrence and Moltz both released.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

@tigertye said:
If be going guns blazing to try and sign Inu and Hurrell. Lawrence and Moltz both released.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Spot on would happily take them

I would take both Manly Players in a heart beat, They might be Grubs but they can play Footy & that will do me.

I'd love both Watmough and Matai but they both have their negatives. Matai is playing constantly injured and it's only a matter of time before his injuries make him unable to play. Watmough is always injured or suspended.

Inu and Hurrell would be awesome signings.

Can't see the love for Inu - he is way too inconsistent.
Watmough and Matai would be more than welcome.
Hurrell has had a few problems but is only young - he'd be another good buy.

@GNR4LIFE said:
Yeah, cos having a team of clean skins is taking us a long way. Some people are ridiculous, they complain about wanting things changed but are too scared too get to get their hands dirty. Who cares if you have a grub or two in your team. Thats actually a good thing believe it or not. As long as they stay out of trouble off the field whats the problem? A bit of white line fever never hurt anybody.

how i look forward to your condescending, sanctimonious posts written in absolutes.
"some people are ridiculous"?, "believe it or not…"?
it would be nice to be totally attuned to your wavelength because you know absolutely everything and it is always the one and only view that is the right one. opinionated is barely adequate for your posts.

you don't discuss anything: you tell, and it is boring and contemptuous.

from what i can gather id say you are barely even into your 20s - if that - and you come across as callow.

on topic, i agree with you that a bit of mongrel is a good thing for a team, but maybe you could open your mind a bit and respect that not only are differing opinions what make forums interesting, but considering them may be beneficial instead of simply dismissing anything written that doesn't immediately resonate with your views.

im sorry if i am getting too personal. but i know myself i see your posts and barely read any of them because you are the human equivalent of a one way sign (and im sure im not the only one).

maybe you are offended by this post, but then maybe in time you might see that regardless of who is expressing themselves there is always a possibility that you might learn something.
on a forum who cares if you only want to say what you think to the exclusion of other opinions, but in life you are eliminating possibly the best source of actually progressing yourself. if this is in fact how you interact in everyday life.

again, this post per se is a little advice. take it or not, i hope you may at least have a little objectivity and consider it.

Back