We need one home?

tigermaniac

I was originally a magpie, now a WT. I think now is the time for a permanent ground. CS,LO or SFS. Please no ANZ. I personal think this is having an affect on our team, not to mention the members/supporters. Our opinion is very welcome.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

This kind of topic never ends well.
\
\

thats why we play at the grounds we play at , try to keep every one happy ( try )

No we don't… We cover a large geographic area so lets take advantage of all facilities
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

2 home home grounds will do,
Most of us are within an hours travel to either LO or CSS but a lot of us are to stubborn to support both grounds.
We like to think that you cant beat LO on a Sunday arvo but it didn't help us against Cronulla R1.
What we need is better scheduling of the games at both grounds. More Sunday arvo games for both grounds and supporters who are willing to travel.

i was not having a shot at the other grounds , my preference is L O , as i have been going their for 30 years , and i enjoy it ,and equal games at both i agree , and as you made the point of cronulla game its the only one we have won , and yes the ref helped

It's time to move forward one team one home ground. SFS or C town. Leichhardt is not up to standard.

Better scheduling is the main issue… Monday night vs raiders is an example of that. Work night, school night, horrid M5 traffic etc... Its hard to believe that balmain played their last ever LO game at the end of 1994 as LO was almost condemned and they were heading to parramatta stadium as the Sydney Tigers. So in 2012, WT play at that venue purely for the history and tradition of balmain tigers. As for campbelltown, its not rich in history compared to LO but is a much more modern facility and WT should be embracing the large league following population and stamp a stronger presence in the area. As for SFS its more $$ driven then anything else. Capacity is brought up for suburban grounds but WT rarely have a sold out match at any venue. Homebush is better geographically but not a good venue for spectators. Skoda stadium (easter showground) is a possible alternative. 6 x LO + 6 x CSS is what it should be really.
\
\

A number of suburban grounds have a McDonalds set up during games now. Surely they would be making money off this. Its something I think we should look at for Leichhardt and Campbelltown.
\
\

@Irvine said:
It's time to move forward one team one home ground. SFS or C town. Leichhardt is not up to standard.

yeah lets can leichhardt where we get a packed house and win more games then any other ground…yeah good move sherlock

does anyone know the crowd numbers from last year , L O , I thought got great crowds at each game , so i cant see this ground not being used 6 by 6 LO , Ctown

@wtfl1981 said:
Better scheduling is the main issue… Monday night vs raiders is an example of that. Work night, school night, horrid M5 traffic etc... Its hard to believe that balmain played their last ever LO game at the end of 1994 as LO was almost condemned and they were heading to parramatta stadium as the Sydney Tigers. So in 2012, WT play at that venue purely for the history and tradition of balmain tigers. As for campbelltown, its not rich in history compared to LO but is a much more modern facility and WT should be embracing the large league following population and stamp a stronger presence in the area. As for SFS its more $$ driven then anything else. Capacity is brought up for suburban grounds but WT rarely have a sold out match at any venue. Homebush is better geographically but not a good venue for spectators. Skoda stadium (easter showground) is a possible alternative. 6 x LO + 6 x CSS is what it should be really.
\
\

Balmain went back to Leichhardt in 1997, 1998 & 1999…

Our club is obliged to look after us and play 6 at CSS & 6 at LO. I know we make good $$$ playing out of SFS but it's a disgrace that the WESTS TIGERS play a home game in the Eastern Suburbs!!!!

With the broadcast deal coming in some of that cash has to help us out so we can play at our traditional homes and not rely on contracts that force us to play 'home' games at away venues….
\
\

@Tiger Watto said:
@wtfl1981 said:
\
\

Balmain went back to Leichhardt in 1997, 1998 & 1999…

Yes i know that! My point is WT play there purely for tradition. The ground did not even meet criteria at the end of 1999\. I got no problem with WT playing at leichhardt. If SFS or ANZ change their 'we will pay you to play here' policy then we have no choice but to go back to 6 LO / 6 CSS.

Also… If WT is fair dinkum about embracing the macarthur region then perhaps 6 x CSS, 3 x LO and 3 x SFS would be a idea. And i stress thats about embracing the 2nd biggest junior league playing region (after penrith) and not a balmain v magpie thing.
\
\

Back