We need one home?

skando&hodgo , you are correct 6 by 6 campbelltown and L O nil at any other ground ,tradition must be kept and it was balmain and the magpies who joined forces so they should both be looked after , as for wtfl1981 , criteria , mate some cash spent on a footy field fixes that ,

Better scheduling is needed. No doubt about that.

Skoda staium was an utter abortion of a ground to watch League at before the AFL minded rennovations. If we went there or ANZ I would seriously rethink my 12 game embership.

On the topic of home grounds though we have had one home game this year, we won it and had a great crowd. Lets hope all of those factors are replicated next Monday night.

6/6 is not realistic from a business perspective at this stage. The game is growing, memberships are growing and all of this is happening while playing at three venues, one of which pays us to be there guaranteed regardless of result. This tradition at all cost is what sends clubs to the wall.

It would be a huge positive for memberships if they got back to the 6 x 6 LO/CSS set up. Is it 2004 since we last had that?

@smeghead said:
Memberships have risen since we stopped a 6/6 split.

You can't say that's the reason though.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

@smeghead said:

Yes 2005 we introduces homebush and went to 3/3 at LO/CSS

I think memberships have increased because of high push membership drives by nrl and all other clubs.

Until we shut the gates at LO or CSS then playing at suburban grounds wont be an issue.

Penrith play at a suburban ground and play all their games there. Manly and cronulla also but their financial woes stem from lack of strong leagues club backings. Cronulla and Manly would never shift home games to sfs or anz.
\
\
\
\

I am saying look at the games we have played at the SFS which have been over capacity of our suburban homes.

These games and their crowds are needed by the game and the Wests Tigers.

Penrith and Cronulla are examples of exactly why playing all games out of a suburban style ground is fraught with danger. Were it not for massive gambling revenue from Panthers the football club would be long gone, hell they are in a terrible mess now. The Sharks lack that backing and have everything hinging on a development.

It is simply a poor way to run a club. Dragons, Sea Eagles, both on field powerhouses and both held back by their limiting capacity and earning potential

manly play at bluetongue…yes not 6 games but they still do it and im sure that will increase over time.

So you know 100% that manlys and cronulla financial problems are due to lack of leagues club backing.

@tiger4ever said:
manly play at bluetongue…yes not 6 games but they still do it and im sure that will increase over time.

So you know 100% that manlys and cronulla financial problems are due to lack of leagues club backing.

Well manly (2011 premiers) are propped up by he penn group. Leagues isn't doing well enough to give $$ to football club.

If manly were geographically closer to sfs or anz i bet they would play there more. Gosford doesn't bring in big $$

WT have the support of ashfield and campbelltown leagues group who are valued at around $100m. Leagues club grants are less relied upon compared to previous years but they are still very important (especially for NSW based clubs)
\
\

Well Manlys are so bad they rely on the good will of private ownership.

Their Leagues Club produces no real profit and their attendances at Brookie do not cover their costs

Cronulla are in massive debt and unless they get full approval for their development their bank have said they will seek any method available to recover their debt

Smeghead memberships have risen because of the strong brand that is the WT and the relative success of the last couple of years. It's had nothing to do with moving away from 6 & 6\. How many sellouts have we had in our history….maybe 2??
\
\

@wtfl1981 said:
@tiger4ever said:

Well manly (2011 premiers) are propped up by he penn group. Leagues isn't doing well enough to give $$ to football club.

If manly were geographically closer to sfs or anz i bet they would play there more. Gosford doesn't bring in big $$

WT have the support of ashfield and campbelltown leagues group who are valued at around $100m. Leagues club grants are less relied upon compared to previous years but they are still very important (especially for NSW based clubs)
\
\

Yes i know they are owned by the penn group.gosford does bring in the dollars thats why they playing there.

and balmain also put in 50% not just ashfield and c-town….you failed to put that down

Anyway who knows i know we dont so theres no point in worrying about it

Either split the games half at each or play at concord oval it's where we train
\
\

My point was a having a true backing of a leagues club group.

WT is a company owned by:

Balmain FC - 50%
Wests Ashfield - 16.6%
Wests Campbeltown - 16.6%
magpies FC - 16.6%

Tigers leagues club posted a multi-million dollar loss (obvious rozelle land issues)

Ashfield & Campbeltown are financially wealthy and stable enough to 'support WT' were as Tigers leagues (five dock / flemington is not)
\
\

@black and white tiger said:
2 home home grounds will do,
Most of us are within an hours travel to either LO or CSS but a lot of us are to stubborn to support both grounds.
We like to think that you cant beat LO on a Sunday arvo but it didn't help us against Cronulla R1.
What we need is better scheduling of the games at both grounds. More Sunday arvo games for both grounds and supporters who are willing to travel.

It didn't help that much against the Sharks because the crowd was either 1) Suffering from heatstroke b) Consuming liquids 2) Applying sunscreen 3) Being fitted with saline drips

Pls don't remind me of quite possibly the most foolish scheduling in the history of the NR

@wtfl1981 said:
@Tiger Watto said:
@wtfl1981 said:
Better scheduling is the main issue… Monday night vs raiders is an example of that. Work night, school night, horrid M5 traffic etc... Its hard to believe that balmain played their last ever LO game at the end of 1994 as LO was almost condemned and they were heading to parramatta stadium as the Sydney Tigers. So in 2012, WT play at that venue purely for the history and tradition of balmain tigers. As for campbelltown, its not rich in history compared to LO but is a much more modern facility and WT should be embracing the large league following population and stamp a stronger presence in the area. As for SFS its more $$ driven then anything else. Capacity is brought up for suburban grounds but WT rarely have a sold out match at any venue. Homebush is better geographically but not a good venue for spectators. Skoda stadium (easter showground) is a possible alternative. 6 x LO + 6 x CSS is what it should be really.
\
\

Balmain went back to Leichhardt in 1997, 1998 & 1999…

Yes i know that! My point is WT play there purely for tradition. The ground did not even meet criteria at the end of 1999\. I got no problem with WT playing at leichhardt. If SFS or ANZ change their 'we will pay you to play here' policy then we have no choice but to go back to 6 LO / 6 CSS.

Also… If WT is fair dinkum about embracing the macarthur region then perhaps 6 x CSS, 3 x LO and 3 x SFS would be a idea. And i stress thats about embracing the 2nd biggest junior league playing region (after penrith) and not a balmain v magpie thing.
\
\

You raise a very significant point in relation to juniors. The region is an absolute goldmine of talent and if that means, among other things, more matches at CSS to create a greater community connection, I'm in favour of that.

I wouldn't renew if they go back to 6/6… The SFS is the main reason I buy a membership every year. Playing there allows me the ability to fly in & fly out without any fuss.

If the money comes in as antisipated from the media rights there will be a totally different way that clubs will do buisness , the argument about Campbelltown and the juniors will not even be an issue clubs will just buy from who ever and from where every .I'm forecasting 1 game at Cambo & Liechardt the rest out of SFS.You all can debate this subject but reality is for the club to increase memberships proper facilities have to be provided for the dollar value asked and this is not standing on a muddy hill and turning away thousands of suppoters because there's no room those days are fast coming to an end..My view all games out of SFS that's the future.

@tiger4ever said:
@Irvine said:
It's time to move forward one team one home ground. SFS or C town. Leichhardt is not up to standard.

yeah lets can leichhardt where we get a packed house and win more games then any other ground…yeah good move sherlock

You ignore the fact its outdated, not up to standard, no parking, limited corporate facilities and 3rd world countrys have better ameneities….yes we get crowds there, yes it nostalgic but its falling apart

Latest posts

Staff online

Back