We still need a centre

@ said:
@ said:
On what planet was Kevin responsible for letting in that try? The chooks had numbers out wide and would have scored against almost any team. If he'd left their forward one on one with Brooks, I'm sure you guys would be bagging him out for that.

At least if you are going to put the boot in, give him credit for some of the great tackles he made.

Defensively he had it all over Marsters.

It was 3 on 3 kev left his man unopposed to charge in leaving a gaping hole.It was all his fault and as for saying he was better than Marsters in defence i must have watched a different game

I agree
We can and eventually will find better a better centre than Kev
But let's not forget we won our game
Kev was part of the team and played his part
If Masters made that decision would we ask for his head
What about Taylor
Would we want his head on the chopping block if he missed a tackle that lead to a try
Cleary will make the right decision
He already has
His team selection won us the game against the Roosters
All our players put in and we can be proud of them all
A couple more early wins and players will start come knocking
Yes to Mansour

Josh Morris!
Give him 2 to 3 years.
We need that experience on the left.
No good paying 300,000 to 400,000 for an up am comer when you could sign a solid professional for 500,000.

Fergerson to play for the roosters 300,000 for us 550,000 and his rocks and diamonds.
I would like some experience in our back line and J Morris would be perfect.

@ said:
Fergerson to play for the roosters 300,000 for us 550,000 and his rocks and diamonds.
I would like some experience in our back line and J Morris would be perfect.

I agree, bring Johnny Morris back. He would be the messiah for our centre problems. He was versatile, could play anywhere. Wing, 5/8, half back, hooker. Lock, centre…....did I miss any?

How old is Josh Morris next year
He won't be playing with Masters
He will be playing in the Masters
Some one a little younger would be good

If we were going to go after an experienced centre I'd be looking at Justin O'Neill (who is 26) ahead of Josh Morris (31).

Taane Milne has been very disappointing.

He might have got on the bus but that is where his effort stopped.

He needs to show that he wants it.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
On what planet was Kevin responsible for letting in that try? The chooks had numbers out wide and would have scored against almost any team. If he'd left their forward one on one with Brooks, I'm sure you guys would be bagging him out for that.

At least if you are going to put the boot in, give him credit for some of the great tackles he made.

It was 3 on 3 kev left his man unopposed to charge in leaving a gaping hole.It was all his fault and as for saying he was better than Marsters in defence i must have watched a different game

I agree
We can and eventually will find better a better centre than Kev
But let's not forget we won our game
Kev was part of the team and played his part
If Masters made that decision would we ask for his head
What about Taylor
Would we want his head on the chopping block if he missed a tackle that lead to a try
Cleary will make the right decision
He already has
His team selection won us the game against the Roosters
All our players put in and we can be proud of them all
A couple more early wins and players will start come knocking
Yes to Mansour

If Marsters and Taylor were continually making the same error for 2 or 3 years? Yes.
He has proven beyond doubt that he's not a first grader.

@ said:
If we were going to go after an experienced centre I'd be looking at Justin O'Neill (who is 26) ahead of Josh Morris (31).

Each to their own but I disagree.
Despite his age Josh Morris is a competitor is excellent in defence and really sets up his winger well.
Justin O’Neil is a decent centre, worth his origin start but I feel needs the right environment to get the best out of him.
Look it all depends how well we are perceived as a destination.
But what you are suggesting is exactly what I am disputing, paying almost Marquee money to lure someone like Justin O’Neil where you could give a decent contract to a proven centre instead for less. Morris is after his last contract and will probably sign for 2 more years with the dogs. Offering him 3 and a lil extra could get him.

Milne hasn't done a lot right or wrong. The ball never went to his side of the field against the Dogs, except for a couple of chip kicks which went straight to Nof. It would be good to see us run the ball down that flank a bit.

No way you'd give Morris a long contract given his injury troubles. They were trying to offload him due to his massive cap hit but there were still no biters.

Milne looked alright to me.

Nice offload and didn't miss any tackles.

Granted the ball didn't find him much but he looks likely and surprisingly VERY trim.

He looks like he has lost a few kegs.

@ said:
@ said:

Morris is after his last contract and will probably sign for 2 more years with the dogs. Offering him 3 and a lil extra could get him.

3 years would make him 35 at the end of his contract with us. Not very appealing.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:

Morris is after his last contract and will probably sign for 2 more years with the dogs. Offering him 3 and a lil extra could get him.

3 years would make him 35 at the end of his contract with us. Not very appealing.

Offer him 4 and just accept that after 2 he will medically retire!

Josh and Brett for the right price would be good. For what they are worth, though no way. 250-350 tops and I think we have Juniors we would rather take.

Now I did say Josh and Brett. Never Underrate a good Center/Wing pairing. The only reason why we should even think these guys is their experience with Reynolds and that they could restore that combo. But by himself, Josh is not the person we should sign. We need an upgrade in the Centers and he is past his prime. Let the Juniors or Founa/Thompson/gamble/etc claim it.

@ said:
Milne looked alright to me.

Nice offload and didn't miss any tackles.

Granted the ball didn't find him much but he looks likely and surprisingly VERY trim.

He looks like he has lost a few kegs.

Agreed..the ball hardly went his side, but the few touches he had were good and he is a top defender

@ said:

I haven't hung him over that misread, but the silly pass that cost us about ten minutes of pressure down our end and let them off the hook when we had finally gained the upper hand in the middle, was inexcusable. He is on his last chance for mine.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
After JT sent him packing he probably hates us.

Damn, I had no idea the Tigers back-flipped on Takairangi's deal.

Another masterstroke from JT we actually had to pay part of his contract for him to play at parra without him ever playing a game for us

JT the gift that keeps on giving, we are still paying for Siro, and we payed $700k for Farah to play against us, so glad we beat the chooks, Teddy and JT can cry together

I'm glad we beat the chooks too, but Geez, give it a rest. They were club decisions, NOT simply Taylor decisions.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back