Wests Tigers Board & Ceo Discussion

“It’s a short message but just keep the faith,” Hagipantelis continued.

How long is this club going to put up with this RUBBISH???
12...TWELVE...years without making the finals

What other organisation/business would tolerate 12 years of continuing deterioration?
To the point where the club won their first wooden spoon last season

THIS CRAP HAS TO STOP NOW!!!
SACK THE BOARD NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm certainly going against the consensus here, but I don't think a charity event (where the club has supported it by paying $10k for a table) is the place for anyone to make the comments Jones did about a man who is sitting in the audience.

Right or wrong, it put Hangipantelis in a completely helpless position to defend himself whilst being very publicly humiliated.

I seem to recall Jones is of a very high intelligence, and barring any effects of ageing, this was a calculated attack which I think completely draws attention away from the cause of helping Anderson.

He could very well be spot on, but why say it at that time and place?

I think it is a tasteless, egocentric thing to do.

I'm certainly going against the consensus here, but I don't think a charity event (where the club has supported it by paying $10k for a table) is the place for anyone to make the comments Jones did about a man who is sitting in the audience.

Right or wrong, it put Hangipantelis in a completely helpless position to defend himself whilst being very publicly humiliated.

I seem to recall Jones is of a very high intelligence, and barring any effects of ageing, this was a calculated attack which I think completely draws attention away from the cause of helping Anderson.

The Chairman of an NRL Club should have kept his composure and maybe sought out Jones during or after the event. Walking out was weak and shows he doesn't have the temperament for tough situations.

The Chairman of an NRL Club should have kept his composure and maybe sought out Jones during or after the event. Walking out was weak and shows he doesn't have the temperament for tough situations.
That's fair enough. No issue with that view.

But I think he was placed in a no win situation: sit there and take it, or engage in something akin to a fight at a funeral.

Not surprised at all, Lee is a cat… I am sure he will explain how he did nothing wrong in his weekly slot on SEN come Monday morning…

Your point is valid and well said. It was tasteless and egocentric. However I am not at all disappointed that this occurred. While I avoid Alan Jones at all costs and generally do not value anything he has to say, he has sent a thunderbolt straight to the person who needs to hear it most, true or not. Perhaps this will result in some introspection on Lees part.

Last edited:

It was the classless act of a narcissist to hijack a charity event like that.
There's many forums that he has access to to voice his opinion. That was neither the time or the place.

Your point is valid and well said. It was tasteless and egocentric. However I am not at all disappointed that this occurred. While I avoid Alan Jones at all costs and generally do not value anything he has to say, he has send a thunderbolt straight to the person who needs to hear it most, true or not. Perhaps this will result in some introspection on Lees part.
It could end up one of those "means justifies the end" situations, but this wasn't about Wests Tigers.

There's many forums that he has access to to voice his opinion. That was neither the time or the place.
Very true but why was there a need for a Q and A regarding the Tigers. Surely it was about Anderson, his contribution to the game and the tragic position he finds himself in.
Sounds like Vonney stirred the pot and Jones went from there.

He was apparently asked for his opinion on the struggles of the club. I honestly don’t know what anyone could say at this point without sounding disingenuous. Coach? Players? It’s all been said before. He probably spoke his honest opinion and alluded to the removal of the board without literally saying they should all be removed.

Agreed, he is really an awful person and a creep.

Whatever we do, we should not listen to the Creepy old men of AM Radio. I think the only coach who has been worse then Jason Taylor has been Alan Jones. Even the massive loosing records of Wests are nothing to Alan's total hopelessness at Balmain.

Staff online

Back