Wests Tigers Board & Ceo Discussion

Sheens/Benji was a rushed decision because we had zero options.

We haven’t improved results wise on last year.

With Holbrook, Slater, Hannay and Hook etc on the market their are options now.

We would be nuts not to revisit our poorly constructed plan to see if their are viable options experienced in the modern game.

This is the NRL. Coaches are defined by their success. Sheens and Benji so far haven’t delivered anything to suggest we will be finals bound anytime soon. We have cash to burn yet can’t attract anyone inbound at all, even one of the loyal players ran away.

We would be nuts not to revisit our poorly constructed plan to see if their are viable options experienced in the modern game.

This is the NRL. Coaches are defined by their success. Sheens and Benji so far haven’t delivered anything to suggest we will be finals bound anytime soon. We have cash to burn yet can’t attract anyone inbound at all, even one of the loyal players ran away.
More players to go if they don't get their shit together.

Whatever way the Tigers move forward the decision makers have to change. Board level, chairman and CEO. The only way to unwind decisions means decision makers have to change. I don’t think it will happen they will sack Sheens and go with Benji and Holbrook or another senior assistant. Buys them another year until Benji fails and then they sack him also.

A few things - why is Hagipentilis always in the media talking about the tigers? Are there any other chairmen’s doing this? When there are constant leaks to the media it just isn’t a good look.
Secondly are there any other clubs who put themselves in the position of the major sponsor also being the Chairmen? Is this a conflict of interest? Does this mean he has the power of withdrawing his sponsorship if he doesn’t get his way?
As for Justin he has to finally be accountable for the mess he has created. Yes he has created a sound financial club but we need more than that now. His time is up and we need a strong football leader - not financial leader
Tommy Talau ?

Whatever way the Tigers move forward the decision makers have to change. Board level, chairman and CEO. The only way to unwind decisions means decision makers have to change. I don’t think it will happen they will sack Sheens and go with Benji and Holbrook or another senior assistant. Buys them another year until Benji fails and then they sack him also.
This post
Question if they sack Benji will that mean we have to pay him out his assistant coach and head coach contracts?
Who will pay the fans?

Why are we even talking about Sheens and Benji? The way I remember it, we were playing quite strong (yes, after a false start) before the muppets in charge decided to do something incredibly stupid.

Where would we be if they either consulted Sheens or applied the law of common bloody sense.

I'm sure Dennis finished the "due diligence" meeting with a nice rif at least....

Last edited:
We must have reached the stage of requiring divine intervention or the hand of god to resurrect the aggressive recruitment programme. It is more like an own goal.

Obviously these 2 did their due diligence on Fulton. If there is disagreement he goes running to media mouthpieces to run stories.

You couldn’t come up with this shit is you were a journalist writing fiction for the sole purpose of embarrassing the club.
This is the first question which should be asked. Whatever slim chances we had next year have been extinguished.

The problem is, first we have to lose the geniuses that came up with the plan in the first place if any coaching change is going to make a difference. I'm not optimistic.

The problem is, first we have to lose the geniuses that came up with the plan in the first place if any coaching change is going to make a difference. I'm not optimistic.

I’m not optimistic & agree.

But regardless of what happens at the top our lack of coaching is a huge part of our terrible results this year. With our forward pack we shouldn’t be dead last by a mile with F&A

The entire NRL community thing that our management are incompetent.

Why can't Wests Ashfield see it.
Do you think they can’t see it? These people are killing our football club infront of us with multiple members of the WT board being on the Wests Ashfield board.

Back