Wests Tigers Captaincy Statement...

Tedesco should be appointed co captain with Woods ala Thurston & Scott.

Comon JT you know its the only logical option…woodsy is 23 he dosent need any more spotlight. Give it to chrissy, no nonesense and it will really give him incentive to perform. He will be the corner stone of our backrow this year.

I think Ballin should be named as Captain ..comes straight into the club no baggage ,highly professional , hugely experienced I see absolutely no reason why he could not be captain of the side .. did not think you had to be at a club for a period before you could be captain ,leaves all others to concentrate on there footy.

@Snake said:
I think Ballin should be named as Captain ..comes straight into the club no baggage ,highly professional , hugely experienced I see absolutely no reason why he could not be captain of the side .. did not think you had to be at a club for a period before you could be captain ,leaves all others to concentrate on there footy.

I agree, he's a certainty for captain of reserve grade.

@Snake said:

Not a bad idea

@happy tiger said:
@Snake said:

Not a bad idea

Is a bloody awesome idea.

@gallagher said:
@happy tiger said:
@Snake said:

Not a bad idea

Only problem is he won't be taking the field until round 10+

@Milky said:
@gallagher said:
@happy tiger said:
@Snake said:

Not a bad idea

Thought he was ready for round 1?

@Milky said:
@gallagher said:
@happy tiger said:
@Snake said:

Not a bad idea

He'll be there buddy, with bells on - ROUND NUMBER ONE!

There is no doubt that Rowdy is the man. 100% commitment, maturity, intelligence and integrity. I think the responsibility will spur him onto higher levels of performance. If injuries interrupt things then give the job to Halatau. I'm not worried about the following year. In 2016 The Tigers need the right men in positions of leadership - players who will lead from the front and guide the younger players, on and off the field. I agree that Moses is clearly a future captain….

Surely you and a few others on here must be related to Taylor.
If not there must be something lurking there to dislike Farah with such venom.
Why else would would you side with a bloke who's been here for a year, taking us to a glorious share of equal last, in place of a bloke who is our long term captain, arguably our best player ever and a life member?
Oh… because of all the things Farah was 'supposed' to have done or said.
Remember - you don't get convicted on hearsay in any court.

@Snake said:

I agree start a fresh

@cktiger said:

Why else would would you side with a bloke who's been here for a year, taking us to a glorious share of equal last, in place of a bloke who is our long term captain, arguably our best player ever and a life member?
Because he's the crappiest captain in the game and well past it ability wise. Anyone who takes a week off training because of comments from Gordon tallis needs to be punted. Too soft for this club.

@gallagher said:
@cktiger said:

Because he's the crappiest captain in the game and well past it ability wise. Anyone who takes a week off training because of comments from Gordon tallis needs to be punted. Too soft for this club.
He may be alot of things but soft Isn't one of them, if he does leave which i think he should, ill still be greatful for the service he has given the club. He has played with broken bones for the club and given his all labeling him soft because he was struggling with something Shouldn't happen people deal with things differently.

Having a week off for family reasons is one thing. A week off because of the tallis thing was extremely soft for an experienced player. Put himself before the team, which makes him a terrible captain.

@Granto87 said:
@Snake said:

I agree start a fresh

How does Ballin earn the right to be captain of West Tigers before making a tackle? Not my idea of what a captain is to a team. Welcome to the club Matt Ballin but you got do a bit more than slip on the jersey to be given the captaincy.

@Telltails said:
@Granto87 said:
@Snake said:

I agree start a fresh

How does Ballin earn the right to be captain of West Tigers before making a tackle? Not my idea of what a captain is to a team. Welcome to the club Matt Ballin but you got do a bit more than slip on the jersey to be given the captaincy.

For me a Captain has to have the respect of his Peers….not that Ballin won't get that but guys like Lawrence , Woods and even Tedesco would have already that respect from fellow Peers.
I'm sure Lawrence and Woods would be part of the Leadership group anyway.

@cktiger said:
@Snake said:

I agree, he's a certainty for captain of reserve grade.

Love your wittiness CK…. :laughing:

Back