Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence

Yes, seen them play and my son coached them both a few years ago. My son rates Large better than Jordan Miller who he also coached.
Wow, I would appreciate it if you could remind us all in the future and give us an update on how they are going, cheers Spock 👍

Reactions: BZN
We haven't had anything to cheer about recently, and our unpleasant feelings were made even much worse by the passing of Geo.

Today when i was driving and drove past the CoE it made me realise again that this is something big and is really worth cheering about.

I didn't stop to take any photo's because @tigerballs said he'd planned to do it on Friday anyway.

I strongly believe that this CoE will be one of the major driving fotces and give the WT the major boost to allow this club become one of the powerhouses of the NRL.

This is one thing that everyone at the WT should be all proud of, and
we should also appreciate and congratulate all those who have worked tirelessly to make this happen, including my friend Pascoe, and i hope i didn't offend him or his supporters by making that Picasso joke yesterday. It was just a light-hearted joke, and was trying take out some of the seriousness and to put some sense of humour into the forum.

So Congratulations to everyone for this very exciting and massive achievement.

Last edited:
It's great we have this coming along but will matter for nothing unless our players invest in it and show a heart. Ask Dallas Donelley if he needed a swish new gym to get him up for a fight. The bloke bleed for his team. We need that more then new gym.

We haven't had anything to cheer about recently, and our unpleasant feelings were made even much worse by the passing of Geo.

Today when i was driving and drove past the CoE it made me realise again that this is something big and is really worth cheering about.

I didn't stop to take any photo's because @tigerballs said he'd planned to do it on Friday anyway.

I strongly believe that this CoE will be one of the major driving fotces and give the WT the major boost to allow this club become one of the powerhouses of the NRL.

This is one thing that everyone at the WT should be all proud of, and
we should also appreciate and congratulate all those who have worked tirelessly to make this happen, including my friend Pascoe, and i hope i didn't offend him or his supporters by making that Picasso joke yesterday. It was just a light-hearted joke, and was trying take out some of the seriousness and to put some sense of humour into the forum.

So Congratulations to everyone for this very exciting and massive achievement.
That's what I try and do just add a bit of light hearted hummos.

Last edited:
Hey Mate,
Did you end up having the visit today?
If so are they close to opening it?
Yep, went through yesterday. WT were supposed to move in the week after they come back from NZ but it looks like it will be the week after. The boys were training on the field when I arrived but they haven't even seen the inside of the building yet.
So, the gym looks just like those you see in a US college set up, with rows and rows of bench press and squat racks, all the plates embossed with the WT logo. There's an indoor swimming/ walking pool, spa baths etc. The floors in all the rooms have the WT logo, looks very American. I couldn't imagine a better facility. Even the little auditorium for video sessions etc looks typical of what you see in NFL set up, with all the seats embossed with the logo as well. The strapping and massage benches look more comfy than your average recliner at home.
I've been asked not to share pics on social media but I can probably DM one or two to you if you swear to secrecy!
One funny thing, there's a specially built wall in the gym to throw medicine balls at. Pascoe's office is directly above the wall, which is a bit of a design flaw because the balls thumping into the wall will resonate through the office. The architect is probably a WT fan and did it on purpose!

Yep, went through yesterday. WT were supposed to move in the week after they come back from NZ but it looks like it will be the week after. The boys were training on the field when I arrived but they haven't even seen the inside of the building yet.
So, the gym looks just like those you see in a US college set up, with rows and rows of bench press and squat racks, all the plates embossed with the WT logo. There's an indoor swimming/ walking pool, spa baths etc. The floors in all the rooms have the WT logo, looks very American. I couldn't imagine a better facility. Even the little auditorium for video sessions etc looks typical of what you see in NFL set up, with all the seats embossed with the logo as well. The strapping and massage benches look more comfy than your average recliner at home.
I've been asked not to share pics on social media but I can probably DM one or two to you if you swear to secrecy!
One funny thing, there's a specially built wall in the gym to throw medicine balls at. Pascoe's office is directly above the wall, which is a bit of a design flaw because the balls thumping into the wall will resonate through the office. The architect is probably a WT fan and did it on purpose!
Great report, thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back