Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence

Yep, went through yesterday. WT were supposed to move in the week after they come back from NZ but it looks like it will be the week after. The boys were training on the field when I arrived but they haven't even seen the inside of the building yet.
So, the gym looks just like those you see in a US college set up, with rows and rows of bench press and squat racks, all the plates embossed with the WT logo. There's an indoor swimming/ walking pool, spa baths etc. The floors in all the rooms have the WT logo, looks very American. I couldn't imagine a better facility. Even the little auditorium for video sessions etc looks typical of what you see in NFL set up, with all the seats embossed with the logo as well. The strapping and massage benches look more comfy than your average recliner at home.
I've been asked not to share pics on social media but I can probably DM one or two to you if you swear to secrecy!
One funny thing, there's a specially built wall in the gym to throw medicine balls at. Pascoe's office is directly above the wall, which is a bit of a design flaw because the balls thumping into the wall will resonate through the office. The architect is probably a WT fan and did it on purpose!

Thanks mate, keep us updated

Yep, went through yesterday. WT were supposed to move in the week after they come back from NZ but it looks like it will be the week after. The boys were training on the field when I arrived but they haven't even seen the inside of the building yet.
So, the gym looks just like those you see in a US college set up, with rows and rows of bench press and squat racks, all the plates embossed with the WT logo. There's an indoor swimming/ walking pool, spa baths etc. The floors in all the rooms have the WT logo, looks very American. I couldn't imagine a better facility. Even the little auditorium for video sessions etc looks typical of what you see in NFL set up, with all the seats embossed with the logo as well. The strapping and massage benches look more comfy than your average recliner at home.
I've been asked not to share pics on social media but I can probably DM one or two to you if you swear to secrecy!
One funny thing, there's a specially built wall in the gym to throw medicine balls at. Pascoe's office is directly above the wall, which is a bit of a design flaw because the balls thumping into the wall will resonate through the office. The architect is probably a WT fan and did it on purpose!
Might wake him up, good thinking.

Also, thanks for sharing

Thanks, love ya work. Posts those pics when it’s appropriate would be good. No doubt they’ll have some glossy ones on the site when it opens but I’d still be interested to see yours. No need to DM I can wait.

Thanks for the update, I’m wondering if WT members will be allowed to tour the CoE on opening day?

Does anyone know who designed the CoE?
Who was in the design committee?
APP - Project manager
DPW - Architect
ADCO - Construction

I'm sure many selected people at the WT would have provided feedback for the design during the consultation period, but i don't know if there was a dedicated commitee for it.

It would help prospective new coaches and others to know that it was purpose built with input from a design committee made up by experts with an eye for detail and from varied backgrounds and knowledge of such an important project.

Reactions: BZN
APP - Project manager
DPW - Architect
ADCO - Construction

I'm sure many selected people at the WT would have provided feedback for the design during the consultation period, but i don't know if there was a dedicated commitee for it.
Anyone know who scoped it?

Latest posts

Members online

Back