Wests Tigers Coaches

It’s odd, Madge started the new direction hence why he persisted with Cleary’s roster for max 1-2 years and brought in a lot more youth. However he wasn’t using the clubs own youth. Is that a failing on Madge or a failing on the club for not producing anything worthwhile?
The only player to come out of our pathways since Madge started was Alex Seyfarth. The rest have been recruited into the club.
Lots of 20-22 year olds. In a lot of cases blocking a lot of opportunities for local juniors as it was put to play on.
I’m expecting a very large roster turn over between now and mid next year. It was needed, sad thing was it has already turned over in all three grades since 2020.
Did Madge and Hartigan back the wrong horses?
I find it hard to fathom how an NRL coach can have too much to do in developing young guys.
In my day the first grade coach relied on lower grade coaches to say, "hey this guys good give him a run"
The following week he had a shot coming off the bench.
If he wasn't up to speed the coach would say, son go back to reserve grade and work on this, this and that. We'll look at you again down the track.
Can someone tell me how else it can be done?
I know there are a few people in the WTF who are plugging development so I'd like to be educated in this area 👍

Didn't know where to post but few things from Noddy on SEN radio just now...

Said 22 man squad was already picked by Madge. Told he can pick his 17 from the 22

Said he wants to speak to medical staff to see who is 100% and 80% fit and can get through two training sessions.

Fresh start for the players. What's ever happened previously is a fresh start over next 12 weeks

Talking to assistant coaches make sure all on same page.

If players don't want to be there he'll pick players who do want to be there.

If you can't train at full speed you won't be picked. Don't want people stumbling into game day
I think this was one of the failings of Madge here and at Souths. He consistently seems to pick blokes who are busted. Like Maumalo as an example has played plenty of games where he looks like he's on one leg and has more strapping than a mummy.

For those suggesting Flanno( vomits off screen ), remember this guy got his success on the back of a drug cheating regime ( insert pic of Chinese "female" swimmers here ), with a squad 5X better than ours, and with $$$ from the development.
And if that ain't enough to make you wonder . . . . he will want his son in the picture as well. And seeing that Kyle is short, he will have to be front and centre of the picture.
Let's just patiently wait out this rebuild.
I mean, a new coach will solve all our problems.
Actually, now that we sacked Madge, we don't have any problems like a shit board, pea-hearted players, lack of depth, team unity, club culture, etc . . . . and we should have signed half the Storm side by now.
Let me check the tables . . . Madge has been gone a few hours now, we should be in the top 8 by now. Our problems were his fault apparently.
We are so short on back rowers we could do with a couple of female Chinese swimmers

Yes they all have the right answers before the first ball is thrown/ dropped let's see how it goes after a few weeks or when he is trying to pick a team with 9 injured players.
Go well Noddy.
Got to start somewhere.

Said 22 man squad was already picked by Madge. Told he can pick his 17 from the 22

Said he wants to speak to medical staff to see who is 100% and 80% fit and can get through two training sessions.

Fresh start for the players. What's ever happened previously is a fresh start over next 12 weeks

If you can't train at full speed you won't be picked. Don't want people stumbling into game day
Also said he's gone from thinking it's a 12 game opportunity to wanting to keep the job as long as he can.

It could be the best thing for us, or it could be a Barrett. We don't know, as he's never attempted coaching before. Would have been good if he'd at least had a crack in Super League.

100% agree, the same could happen with an experienced coach as well.

Reality is we need to ensure whoever comes in they have a very good support network around them to be successful. No single person can change our results.

I find it hard to fathom how an NRL coach can have too much to do in developing young guys.
In my day the first grade coach relied on lower grade coaches to say, "hey this guys good give him a run"
The following week he had a shot coming off the bench.
If he wasn't up to speed the coach would say, son go back to reserve grade and work on this, this and that. We'll look at you again down the track.
Can someone tell me how else it can be done?
I know there are a few people in the WTF who are plugging development so I'd like to be educated in this area 👍
There is a chance regarding the timing. As we have seen the past two games with Nu Brown playing (and now replaced by Madden) that as a rule all the development players and train and trial players can be picked for first grade.
With the previous development coach in the acting head coach position we might see a push to introduce a lot of those players over the next 12 weeks.
I don’t have a list of who that consists of but it is a mix of local and recruited juniors that are between 20-22 years of age.
Also worth noting in a fox sports article and I will stand corrected if this is the case, that Hartigan was directly responsible for re shaping our squad I’m not sure to which level whether that was below first grade players or the likes of Asu, Talau, Laurie, Stefano etc.
Also mentioned Hartigan was moved on for suggesting the club move in a different direction to Madge only to follow suit 6months later. Also would be interested if anyone could back those claims.

That to me indicates we have been playing players who shouldn't have been played due to how injured they are, otherwise why make that specific statement.

Puts more weight into the AD discussion/disputes going on.

Maybe our injury toll has more to it than just unfortunate events.

I think this was one of the failings of Madge here and at Souths. He consistently seems to pick blokes who are busted. Like Maumalo as an example has played plenty of games where he looks like he's on one leg and has more strapping than a mummy.

I think it's becoming very obvious there was a problem with unfit players being played. Sheens last night hinted at it, and now Noddy emphasising players health.

Madge never got his head around the up tempo .6 again rule
There is a chance regarding the timing. As we have seen the past two games with Nu Brown playing (and now replaced by Madden) that as a rule all the development players and train and trial players can be picked for first grade.
With the previous development coach in the acting head coach position we might see a push to introduce a lot of those players over the next 12 weeks.
I don’t have a list of who that consists of but it is a mix of local and recruited juniors that are between 20-22 years of age.
Also worth noting in a fox sports article and I will stand corrected if this is the case, that Hartigan was directly responsible for re shaping our squad I’m not sure to which level whether that was below first grade players or the likes of Asu, Talau, Laurie, Stefano etc.
Also mentioned Hartigan was moved on for suggesting the club move in a different direction to Madge only to follow suit 6months later. Also would be interested if anyone could back those claims.
will back your claim in as much as saying Hartigan was the ants pants ,played money ball with talent,got the juniors sorted got the cap in shape.from observations in media etc at the time he was here

Bloody hell Muamolo has been less than 80% for weeks.

So the rest of them.

Just want to see them run hard and straight. Is that so much to ask???
Like the boys are saying, big Kenny looks like he's been wearing someone else's leg. Looks [This word has been automatically removed]ed.

Back