Wests Tigers Coaches

Shouldn't have sacked Maguire when we did I believe if madge was coach against dogs and warriors we could've won, least wait till the end of the year and in the background sheen's only have contact with ciraldo, Wests Tigers have never won a wooden spoon, unfortunately 2022 will be our first, fffff#%$#%$#%$#%$#%$kkkkkk

Ps: only my thoughts, hope I'm wrong
If only we had MADGE, he would have got us wins over the DOGS and WARRIORS! What worldbeaters we would have been! (Reminder, we lost to the warriors under madge earlier in the year)

I love Sheensy and reckon if he was younger he'd be the only choice but every interview I see of him makes me sad. He's looking very old and I completely understand why he wouldn't want to coach anymore.

I love Sheensy and reckon if he was younger he'd be the only choice but every interview I see of him makes me sad. He's looking very old and I completely understand why he wouldn't want to coach anymore.

Ageist

We just get our names added to every article about every coach who's available...

And it's a big no for Sheens from me. His role is to keep Pascoe and Lee out of football operations. He manages all football things, and has the authority and respect to stop them from poking their noses in where it's not wanted.

If he suddenly became coach he couldn't juggle all football matters across all grades and coaching. He needs to stay where he is, and offer advice on innovations etc where he sees opportunities. His coaching record wasn't great in any case, very erratic. We regularly missed the finals under him when we had a strong squad. He's not the answer to our coaching issues.

We really need this resolved this week. The club is floundering aimlessly in the public domain at the moment and the players are exposing the awful culture currently at the club. We need some positivity ASAP. Surely the offer to our second choice has been made by now?

I think Sheens is too old and has been out of NRL coaching for too long to be an option.

We've put ourselves in this position of looking for a coach when there aren't a lot available. I think we need someone experienced and has some hope of attracting players. Too many red flags around Flanagan for me, which really only leaves Paul Green.

He should be at least in the conversation. The last time we got a coach sacked by the Cowboys it went okay.

Truth bomb time . The team needs to bottom out , and experiment with combinations , debuts , positional changes , rotation.
The rest of the year is prime for this . Debut players in the forwards like Pole, where the most important thing is game time for growth .
Hold off on the backs , let them win in jersey flegg and KOE , and develop combinations in a competitive side . Backs are far more likely to develop bad habits , especially in the spine . It’s the reason Simpkin should be no where near first grade right now as well .
Let the guys who we want to ship off , guys who are leaving , and guys who we are kinda sorta maybe going to keep , but probably not eg. Daine Laurie , get the hidings in first grade .
It’s shithouse for the fans in 22, but the best option moving forward . Especially without a coach .
The worst thing to do is play juniors like Tupou , Tumeth , Okane , in a really poor team . They learn bad habits , that you have to undo . Have them win more in reserve grade . And yes I know the KOE team has been only slightly better this year , but that team has been winning lately .

Truth bomb time . The team needs to bottom out , and experiment with combinations , debuts , positional changes , rotation.
The rest of the year is prime for this . Debut players in the forwards like Pole, where the most important thing is game time for growth .
Hold off on the backs , let them win in jersey flegg and KOE , and develop combinations in a competitive side . Backs are far more likely to develop bad habits , especially in the spine . It’s the reason Simpkin should be no where near first grade right now as well .
Let the guys who we want to ship off , guys who are leaving , and guys who we are kinda sorta maybe going to keep , but probably not eg. Daine Laurie , get the hidings in first grade .
It’s shithouse for the fans in 22, but the best option moving forward . Especially without a coach .
The worst thing to do is play juniors like Tupou , Tumeth , Okane , in a really poor team . They learn bad habits , that you have to undo . Have them win more in reserve grade . And yes I know the KOE team has been only slightly better this year , but that team has been winning lately .

This is exactly what we should be doing and if we don't we have wasted the back end of the season. Only thing I disagree with is Tupou. I think he would benefit from having a few games. I'd love to see him have some time at Fullback.

I think Sheens is too old and has been out of NRL coaching for too long to be an option.

We've put ourselves in this position of looking for a coach when there aren't a lot available. I think we need someone experienced and has some hope of attracting players. Too many red flags around Flanagan for me, which really only leaves Paul Green.

He should be at least in the conversation. The last time we got a coach sacked by the Cowboys it went okay.

Apparently Paul Green is more unapproachable than Madge. He won't be able to unite the group.

Reactions: 851
I have no confidence in which ever way they go experienced coach or development coach. I don't get how they can say we need a development coach when the juniors they are talking about are atleast 2-3 years away from making there debut. Also I'm not being disrespectful to the juniors coming through but we would be doing well if 5 of these kids turn into quality first graders.
And if I take my WT hat off would you really want to coach the Tigers going on what has happened in the last 10 years. I am so frustrated in the club at the moment.
Yes. That frames my current perspective perfectly.

This is exactly what we should be doing and if we don't we have wasted the back end of the season. Only thing I disagree with is Tupou. I think he would benefit from having a few games. I'd love to see him have some time at Fullback.
Maybe . I just don’t think first grade is the place to learn that . It can kill a kids career before it begins . I think he’s had his taste . He’s got the skill , but missing that footy smarts . That would have been the messaging around his debut games IMO. The worst thing we could do is have him get the Zac cini treatment , and basically have the worst game I’ve ever seen , and never play first grade again . He’s too talented for us to roll the dice like that .

No delusions but you have to agree that this squad is playing worse then before and there is little hope or spirit.

Again are we in a better place now??
We should be.

Instead we are witnessing the club still trying to pick a replacement coach from the circling merry-go-round, when they should have had a much more concrete solution in place prior to removing the incumbent.

We should be.

Instead we are witnessing the club still trying to pick a replacement coach from the circling merry-go-round, when they should have had a much more concrete solution in place prior to removing the incumbent.
This I agree with. I think they panicked because the warriors and dogs had vacancies and didn’t want to be stuck with this years version of Jason Taylor .
And as it seems , no one has signed anyone yet . They jumped the shark , but I understand why , everyone went all in for the great white hype in Ciraldo . Only he was never available. Which is laughable really. I’d say Ciraldos manager lead everyone on to create a sellers market .
You could say that’s a good manager , but if all the 4 clubs find decent enough coaches , then his market can evaporate real quick . Maybe the Arthur rumours are true and he’s about to be punted .
Still the eels are at the end of thier cycle and are about to have a downturn . I would be nervous about that job as well .

Apparently Paul Green is more unapproachable than Madge. He won't be able to unite the group.
I'd at least like the club to validate that before we write him off.

I'm sure there are a number of players that won't go near a Flanagan coached team.

Who else is there with experience dealing with rubbish administration and a dysfunctional board that is under 70 years of age?

Maybe because of his horrible record at the Tigers? Why would another bad club delude themselves into thinking he is good enough to transform them?
very very true, but there are desperate clubs out there

Latest posts

Members online

Back