Wests Tigers Coaches

Maguire signed up for the role, he wasn't forced. How long would you give him to "turn" matters around? Another 3.5 years?
Madge should have been here until the end of his contract which was end of 2023.Sadly the bedwetters and backstabbers showed their usual lack of patience and took the easy option yet again.If things had not improved by end of 2023 then you look elsewhere.

TT, when do the excuses end? He's gone which is a good outcome for WTs.
Ok Paws,Madge gone is a good outcome for the WTs,Potter gone,JT gone,Cleary gone and how is it been as far as good outcomes go...maybe it lies in further than the coach and players...Look further within and you may find your answer...

Ok Paws,Madge gone is a good outcome for the WTs,Potter gone,JT gone,Cleary gone and how is it been as far as good outcomes go...maybe it lies in further than the coach and players...Look further within and you may find your answer...
Madge was going to improve the culture as well. That never happened. I been in organisations with thousands of staff where culture change was achieved in an expected timeframe. What is the ballpark figure for Madge's culture change - 7 years, 10 years?

Anecdotal, but a colleague of mine bumped into Flanno at a job we were doing at Taren Point. The colleague is a Tigers fan also and actually hit him up about potentially taking the role on. Flanno literally laughed at him.
I didn't think I could Dislike him more but there you have it.

He has made my List

#AntiFlanno

Maguire was also going to

Madge was going to improve the culture as well. That never happened. I been in organisations with thousands of staff where culture change was achieved in an expected timeframe. What is the ballpark figure for Madge's culture change - 7 years, 10 years?
Culture Change had started to move in the right direction under Madge. Not fast enough unfortunately.

Our club has had a deservedly bad reputation for years and has attracted poor or lazy players on Overs.

You effectively need a man manager to lure and cater to the best in the game, who also would invariably have the largest egoes.

Plus $$$$$.

It's getting like the NBA. I don't like it at all. The NBA is great but they have so much talent wanting to break into the league plus they have heaps of owners with dollars who want to win. They are so rich that money doesn't matter to them.

Meanwhile we have two leagues clubs with a history of under performing teams backing us.

Unless Harry somehow gets involved and offers big dollars or we start making good decisions consistently.

I suppose Lee is involved and I reckon he throws a lot of money and support at the club. The problem is Lee isn't a billionaire.

We need to offer rorters like contracts to players or at least use rorters contracts to retain our talent.

Mate, I wouldn't bother with him. He's as simple as they come and is just going to start becoming passive aggressive and deflective when you poke holes in his weak arguments.

This is getting boring. Paws is a great poster.

He never liked Madge and he is entitled to that opinion.

I'll add that Madge never got us performing above ourselves. Personally I think sacking him was clearly a dud decision especially because Madge didn't stuff our cap.

Maguire didn't create the problem nor could he fix it. The problem lies in the club's ability to recruit and retain a roster capable of competing and playing finals footy. It was a problem before he came and it still is and until that changes all coaches will suffer from the same fate. The exact reason why our main target for coach said thanks but no thanks.

Exactly. No coach can improve us until we somehow get a quality roster on the park.

Look at the rorters with a supposed top coach. Manu, the Turd, Crichton and the list goes on and on. They bring in Sualli and Sam Walker. We don't have experienced players of the caliber of their juniors who are simply bought. They are coming 10th.

I think it's easy enough to turn it around. Bring in 2 quality players each year and retain the best talent we have. We haven't been able to do that for years.

Again, it's anecdotal but it suggests he isn't desperate enough to want to coach Wests.

I get it. I just reckon he would. I don't think we want him. If we went all in for him I'd bet he would come.

He was my first choice but now I think he is a bad choice. I like Morris the most.

I also thought Seyfarth was going to kill it this year.

It's all BS right.

I get it. I just reckon he would. I don't think we want him. If we went all in for him I'd bet he would come.

He was my first choice but now I think he is a bad choice. I like Morris the most.

I also thought Seyfarth was going to kill it this year.

It's all BS right.

Dead set every post with you is an each way bet.

Exactly. No coach can improve us until we somehow get a quality roster on the park.

Look at the rorters with a supposed top coach. Manu, the Turd, Crichton and the list goes on and on. They bring in Sualli and Sam Walker. We don't have experienced players of the caliber of their juniors who are simply bought. They are coming 10th.

I think it's easy enough to turn it around. Bring in 2 quality players each year and retain the best talent we have. We haven't been able to do that for years.
Not so sure. Sacking a respected coach - whether you like Maguire or not- for a dud roster stinks of a club with no idea. Players - everyone - knows that our roster is below par. Most clubs have at least one rep player and some a laden with them, and we don't have one even being talked about. The only player that gets talked about at our club is the player who has never lived up to expectation for the last 7 years - and yet we sack the coach. Now we have a reputation of destroying coaching careers. We look like amateurs in a competitive market.

Dead set every post with you is an each way bet.

That is life. No joke. Maybe I'm a bit older and I understand that I don't have the answers. I have no idea who would be a good coach going forward. I'd prefer Morris. I don't want Flanagan.

I think Sheens could be a disaster but I'd be okay with it because he has in the past pulled a rabbit out of the hat.

Here is a line and it's not directed at you at all - only idiots think they know it all.

That is life. No joke. Maybe I'm a bit older and I understand that I don't have the answers. I have no idea who would be a good coach going forward. I'd prefer Morris. I don't want Flanagan.

I think Sheens could be a disaster but I'd be okay with it because he has in the past pulled a rabbit out of the hat.

Life is exactly the opposite of an each way bet. Every decision is determinate of where you end up after the fact.

Life is exactly the opposite of an each way bet. Every decision is determinate of where you end up after the fact.

Of course but everything has pros and cons and no one can predict the future.

Plus let's be honest some of the stuff on here is delusional. People think they know everything about the inner workings of the club. It's BS. Lee puts in millions and he cops it all the time. It's crazy.

You want to know what the safest bet in investing is - an all world stock index. You wanna know why - because it bets on everything. There will be plenty of losers but there will be plenty of winners.

Reactions: 851
Of course but everything has pros and cons and no one can predict the future.

Plus let's be honest some of the stuff on here is delusional. People think they know everything about the inner workings of the club. It's BS. Lee puts in millions and he cops it all the time. It's crazy.

You want to know what the safest bet in investing is - an all world stock index. You wanna know why - because it bets on everything. There will be plenty of losers but there will be plenty of winners.

Lee cops it because he is an elitist who looks down upon the rank and file fan (working class fans of whom the game was popularised by,) and involves himself in club affairs that do not require his interference.

He deserves every bit of flak he cops.

Sheens is the perfect man for the role he is playing now, not the perfect man for our next coach.

He is the perfect person to be talking to player manager, young kids parents, the media, sponsors and fans. He is the perfect person to be the face of the football operation . As for coach, leave that to someone the roster can relate to and is actively involved in the coaching game circa 2022.

The club have to act now and get out there and buy a few players to give the new coach a chance of winning a few games next year.

Must be the hardest gig going being a rusted on Tigers nut

Back