Wests Tigers Coaches

Some say it does, Others say the evidence isn't there.
IMHO, I reckon it would help because at some level it will soften the impact. If better designed it will help a lot, as if it can crumple a little and then buffer it should reduce the force applied to the players head.

Even smarter, you could incorporate force detectors, ie when a player suffers force in excess of X g's and then have them off the field for 10 minutes.

^yes all soft stuff. Yes this will keep the next gen of Rugby league players out of the Dementia ward.
Similar to my thinking.

If for example Ciraldo gets the gig and turns out to be another Bellamy we'll all say 5 years was a masterstroke.
I see it as an opportunity to stabilise a rocking boat.
I imagine there will be performance clauses in there to protect the club, eg. Making top 8 by 2024, top 4 after that??
Imagine asking a coach to sign a Wests tigers contract with a top 4 clause 🤣😂🤣😂

Point is I'd prefer to take a chance on a coach that has a 70 odd percent win rate in a first division English comp than a coach who took over a team running fourth and coached three wins from six games as a caretaker. That's no barometer on future performance.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, just pointing out there’s plenty of evidence that hasn’t worked either. I thought when we signed Madge, “he’s won comps in two different leagues, were onto a winner”. Maybe trying something at the other end of the spectrum is worth a shot. Woofe has a Madge feel about him to me. I could be wrong but feels like it based on comments from those who apparently know him.

Reactions: 851
Yeh true, blame it on the painkillers.
What out clauses could you put on him though?
I’m just having a laugh mate. Only way I can keep following this debacle. Honestly though, we keep flicking coaches when they just don’t have the cattle. No coach wins with this mob.

Need a clean out of anyone who believes our roster is NRL ready. Lee Hagipentelis is on record saying our roster this year is strong. On ya bike Mike.

I’m just having a laugh mate. Only way I can keep following this debacle. Honestly though, we keep flicking coaches when they just don’t have the cattle. No coach wins with this mob.

Need a clean out of anyone who believes our roster is NRL ready. Lee Hagipentelis is on record saying our roster this year is strong. On ya bike Mike.
No offence taken bro, I'm laughing at myself.
I do think the reason for 5 years is to make a statement about "it's your roster, now do something with it"
There's no excuses, just get it done.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, just pointing out there’s plenty of evidence that hasn’t worked either. I thought when we signed Madge, “he’s won comps in two different leagues, were onto a winner”. Maybe trying something at the other end of the spectrum is worth a shot. Woofe has a Madge feel about him to me. I could be wrong but feels like it based on comments from those who apparently know him.

I'm not saying that you are either, but if you have two candidates in front of you and one doesn't have experience and the other has experience with a good amount of success who is the smart money on?

No offence taken bro, I'm laughing at myself.
I do think the reason for 5 years is to make a statement about "it's your roster, now do something with it"
There's no excuses, just get it done.
I don’t buy the club powerbrokers walking away from football. They need to do things to attract players to the club. Make it like walking into Disneyland. The players think the club is a joke.

I don’t buy the club powerbrokers walking away from football. They need to do things to attract players to the club. Make it like walking into Disneyland. The players think the club is a joke.
Expand mate pls

Reactions: BZN
Expand mate pls
It’s clear the club returned Sheens due to his standing in the game. Good call because the club clearly had a credibility issue.

But to then walk away and say, Sheens is the boss in the football department now, he is responsible for the whole shebang is weak. Club powerbrokers should be out researching what makes our club less attractive to players than other clubs. Tip, it’s not just that they win more games.

Yes, we have a new CoE about to open and that’s a good start. But I’ll give you a recent example, Hastings was asked to pay for flights to the GC for crying out loud!! To watch his team.

If you think a guy is worth half a million $ per year that’s a pretty serious investment! You would think you would move heaven and earth to keep that investment happy. Blokes in their 20’s have pretty simple pleasures. You don’t think the Roosters know that?

Do our powerbrokers move heaven and earth to get and retain the best? I think not. Mediocrity is us.

It’s clear the club returned Sheens due to his standing in the game. Good call because the club clearly had a credibility issue.

But to then walk away and say, Sheens is the boss in the football department now, he is responsible for the whole shebang is weak. Club powerbrokers should be out researching what makes our club less attractive to players than other clubs. Tip, it’s not just that they win more games.

Yes, we have a new CoE about to open and that’s a good start. But I’ll give you a recent example, Hastings was asked to pay for flights to the GC for crying out loud!! To watch his team.

If you think a guy is worth half a million $ per year that’s a pretty serious investment! You would think you would move heaven and earth to keep that investment happy. Blokes in their 20’s have pretty simple pleasures. You don’t think the Roosters know that?

Do our powerbrokers move heaven and earth to get and retain the best? I think not. Mediocrity is us.
Well basically, you are saying the club needs to do everything the opposite to what they have been doing for years.
It's not wrong of you to say that the little things mean a lot 👍

The Wests Tigers have sold a strong pitch to Penrith assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo by giving the NRL coach-in-waiting a guided tour of the club’s soon to be opened Centre of Excellence at Concord.

Foxsports.com.au has learned Ciraldo met with Wests Tigers key powerbrokers Tim Sheens and chairman Lee Hagipantelis on Monday.

Four-time premiership-winning coach Sheens sold the Tigers vision about the club being an NRL sleeping giant – with the catch being they need the right development coach to bring through the next generation of juniors.

Panthers assistant Ciraldo is the Tigers no.1 choice with the club having already discussed making a five-year offer to try and seal the deal.

Sheens and Hagipantelis led the Wests Tigers sales pitch with CEO Justin Pascoe also in attendance.

Ciraldo finds himself the most sought-after coach-in-waiting in the NRL with Canterbury-Bankstown also keen to try and land his signature.

The Tigers sales pitch revolves around why Ciraldo is the right fit for an organisation which has failed to make the finals since Sheens was last coach in 2011.

The Western Suburbs Magpies won the club’s first-ever Harold Matthews premiership earlier this year with Sheens renowned for being one of the best eyes in the game when it comes to emerging talent.

Ciraldo now has a major decision to make with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs still pitching to try and convince him to join the Belmore-based club next year.

The Wests Tigers have sold a strong pitch to Penrith assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo by giving the NRL coach-in-waiting a guided tour of the club’s soon to be opened Centre of Excellence at Concord.

Foxsports.com.au has learned Ciraldo met with Wests Tigers key powerbrokers Tim Sheens and chairman Lee Hagipantelis on Monday.

Four-time premiership-winning coach Sheens sold the Tigers vision about the club being an NRL sleeping giant – with the catch being they need the right development coach to bring through the next generation of juniors.

Panthers assistant Ciraldo is the Tigers no.1 choice with the club having already discussed making a five-year offer to try and seal the deal.

Sheens and Hagipantelis led the Wests Tigers sales pitch with CEO Justin Pascoe also in attendance.

Ciraldo finds himself the most sought-after coach-in-waiting in the NRL with Canterbury-Bankstown also keen to try and land his signature.

The Tigers sales pitch revolves around why Ciraldo is the right fit for an organisation which has failed to make the finals since Sheens was last coach in 2011.

The Western Suburbs Magpies won the club’s first-ever Harold Matthews premiership earlier this year with Sheens renowned for being one of the best eyes in the game when it comes to emerging talent.

Ciraldo now has a major decision to make with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs still pitching to try and convince him to join the Belmore-based club next year.

I hear the Dogs are after him also but find it strange he has not toured Dogs yet or it's not been announced to media etc.. If they wanted him surely it would of happened by now so my gut feeling is he doesn't want to go there and maybe we are a chance.. IF we are no chance he would not of toured etc.. Fingers crossed

Latest posts

Members online

Back