Wests Tigers Coaches

I have said it before and I will say it again....Until we spend money on the NRL SQUAD and develop it,then we will be in the same boat again...the kids will develop as they grow with good coaching...if the NRL squad is successful then the KIDS WILL STAY...its that simple,grow them,develop them and their careers will be ok barring injuries...
A good educational program along the way as far as finances and life after football should also be a huge priority...I have seen great kids with huge potential used and abused in the bush just for local greatness,they should have been nurtured as the Mortimer boys,Peter Stirling,Greg Brentnall and co were in the 80s...it was these type of players that helped lay the platform for the NRL...
Super league fiasco didnt help,but if the NRL is fairdinkum we should have the toughest,strongest and most competative game in the world for a long time to come..
AS they say the ball is in their court....

Slightly off topic ...but relevent in the big sheme of things....

Walker Brothers - anyone else interested...

Now News Corp have revealed the duo have reached out to the Wests Tigers and director of football Tim Sheens with a stunning proposal.

A one-year contract, and fired at the end of the first year if they don't make the finals, with the duo labelling it a "no-risk" strategy for one of the three clubs currently chasing a new boss.

“It wouldn’t matter which team we coach, we will get success,” Ben Walker told the publication.

Love their confidence

Reactions: Moh
For Ciraldo, the Tigers are an appealing option, reason I say that is for the first three years there is absolutely no pressure to do anything other than lead under 20s kids into grade, gives Ciraldo the chance he needs to start to ease his way into his new coaching career. He pretty much is doing that now isn't he.
Sheens can take care of the rest of the garbage for him.
I'm no expert so I'm abit torn, going all out for a rookie coach, could be the next Bellamy, or the next Barrett.
There must be something to the guy, every league head in the game rates him. I just figure if it doesn't work out, what's one more coach gone, we are the leagues best at something, even if it is paying out coaches.🤣

He's definitely a players coach.

Flanagan is the play here. Ciraldo will decline, John Morris is not rated by people I know at the Sharks he’s too soft and friendly with players.

He’s the most credentialed coach on the market and needs a gig. As long as Kyle is not part of the deal it’s the way to go.

We are a basket case a rookie can’t get it done.

Isn't that what players want now.

Someone else can do the dirty work.

Plus his mum said he can coach

Explain what happened against Souths & Bulldogs in the 2nd half?
That had nothing to do with Madge sacking.
We actually like most games played well in the 1st 40mins & have yet to win a 2nd half all year.

Our last 5 games under Madge have been worse than the 7 games prior defensively, either teams worked us out, our fitness levels are terrible or the players suck or combination of all.

2nd Half points: us/them (Madge)
1st 7 games - 38 - 80
Next 5 games - 40 - 104
Total 78 - 184

Storm 8 - 22
Knights 4 - 12
Warriors 0 - 2 (sinbin)
Titans 4 - 6
Sharks 4 - 16
Eels 7 - 10
Souths 11 - 12

Dragons 4 - 12
Manly 18 - 22
Cowboys 0 - 16
Bulldogs 18 - 22
Souths 0 - 32

Manly 0 - 24

Total 78 - 208
Pretty damning both in terms of the team's conditioning and the bench rotations.

I watched 360 tonight to which they said that Ciraldo has already toured and spoken to bulldogs, and by there reports he was very impressed with what was presented. Hooper also said that today was tigers turn to showcase. A very difficult decision ahead for him, I almost feel sorry for the bloke, Gus or the nrl basketcase in us. I think personally our roster will be a turn off,on the other hand Gus has the mantra for coach sacking, so I think it's going to be a flip of a coin for me.

Lets be serious why would CC choose us over the Bulldogs.

The roster will be an easier start in his NRL coaching career if he goes to the Bulldogs, they have a better roster than us & it gets stronger next year.

The bulldogs have a coach killer history as much as we have but the roster and that they have some young talent already getting a run I just don’t see it happening for us.

The only reasons he picks us is cash/length of deal or he is real serious about trying to forge a dynasty through pathways & can mould the team 90% of his own and quickly as he won’t inherit a roster someone else has pulled together.

The pessimism on here at times is nuts. We don't get a rookie coach and the sky is falling in. Get some perspective.

There will be heaps of good coaches available. We've just sacked a premiership winning coach.
True Earl but I think it'd just more about us fans being sick of the club we love being turned down or rejected, when was the last time we had a recruitment win, I mean a recruit who chose to sign with us instead of another big team. I think we all just want a win for a change, even if the rookie coach doesn't make it at least we beat someone else to him and he saw something in the wests tigers worth signing up for.

This was in the western weekender after Barrett got punted. Thought I'd share.

The chances of Penrith assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo joining the Bulldogs as their new head coach are remote, but not totally out of the question.

Ciraldo would be silly not to at least listen to a head coach job offer but I’m told his appetite for heading to Belmore just isn’t there, despite his links with several key players including Matt Burton and Viliame Kikau.

Anyone coaching the side will have to do so under the scrutiny of Phil Gould, and Ciraldo knows all about that and how it impacts, and sometimes impedes, the head coach.

Ciraldo would also be aware that other NRL jobs are likely to emerge in the next off-season which may have more interest and stability.

Are these guys professional's or not. Like getting a mechanic to fix your car and him saying it's to tough a job.

I mean if it's easy where do I apply for the big bucks.

Same with Api and Pappali. What do they want easy street?

When I left school I was told "If I was good enough I'll make it". And that was for crappy jobs.

So I suppose these guys just want to walk in to a premiership team on 700k.

Ridiculous.

True Earl but I think it'd just more about us fans being sick of the club we love being turned down or rejected, when was the last time we had a recruitment win, I mean a recruit who chose to sign with us instead of another big team. I think we all just want a win for a change, even if the rookie coach doesn't make it at least we beat someone else to him and he saw something in the wests tigers worth signing up for.

It’s not entirely possible to be completely convinced by CC yet, as he hasn’t coached first grade, but if he believes in WT and he has the personality to recruit, then I’m all for it.
In order to have recruitment wins we need to sign a few big names and become that club others want to join.
The two incomings for 2023 so far are a good start, but frankly, we need stars. This might mean paying big bucks, so be it. Break the bank. Sell the story, like when the JV started. We need to show stars that this is a project you want to be part of.
Tbh if we want to start a new era, one with desire to succeed, then we have to remove Brooks at whatever cost and simply have to keep Hastings.
That is obviously not an opinion shared by everyone on here, but for me it’s the only step that will indicate an intent to turn things around.

Latest posts

Members online

Back