Wests Tigers Draw 2016 discussion ...

@underdog said:
Looks like we've dodged some bullets here.

We have from what I can see -

Roosters once,
Broncos once,
Cowboys once,
Sea Eagles once,
Storm Twice, however our record against them isn't bad.

Teams we generally beat or SHOULD beat -

Knights Twice,
Warriors Twice, and once to start the year where they will be a new squad.
Eels Twice,
Titans Twice,
Raiders Twice, (yes, I know we lost once to them last year)
Panthers Twice, (I know they touched us up last year)

We have Broncos, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Storm all during the Origin Period.

and our last 4 games are Panthers, Titans, Warriors, Raiders - Historically teams we can beat.

Look, every game is a tough game, I get it - however in terms of the draw, that's got to be one of the softest draws we've had in years.

Parra and WT's had the easiest draws last year UD

And yet people have saying we improved heaps (despite the easiest draw in the comp last year)

Taylor has been handed another soft draw so lets hope we are good enough to be a bit more in the mix at least this year.

@Eddie said:
And yet people have saying we improved heaps (despite the easiest draw in the comp last year)

Taylor has been handed another soft draw so lets hope we are good enough to be a bit more in the mix at least this year.

Point I was making that some teams will step up and others will go backwards

Draws mean nothing in the long term

@happy tiger said:
Cambo didn't fair well

If you ranked those games 1-12 , the Sharks game would be the only one that is in the Top 8

I like the three confirmed Saturday games.

I find this is what I look at first nowadays… And my priority

@happy tiger said:
@Eddie said:

Point I was making that some teams will step up and others will go backwards

Draws mean nothing in the long term

Look, you are right there. For all we know the Titans, Raiders Panthers and Warriors could be the top 4 coming into round 22, and we might be staring down the barrel of beating teams 1,2,3 and 4 to make the semis.

@happy tiger said:
@underdog said:
Looks like we've dodged some bullets here.

We have from what I can see -

Roosters once,
Broncos once,
Cowboys once,
Sea Eagles once,
Storm Twice, however our record against them isn't bad.

Teams we generally beat or SHOULD beat -

Knights Twice,
Warriors Twice, and once to start the year where they will be a new squad.
Eels Twice,
Titans Twice,
Raiders Twice, (yes, I know we lost once to them last year)
Panthers Twice, (I know they touched us up last year)

We have Broncos, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Storm all during the Origin Period.

and our last 4 games are Panthers, Titans, Warriors, Raiders - Historically teams we can beat.

Look, every game is a tough game, I get it - however in terms of the draw, that's got to be one of the softest draws we've had in years.

Parra and WT's had the easiest draws last year UD

… And that is only determined at seasons end.

Anyone judging this year's draw based on last year's results is a fool

Yep, that looks like a pretty good draw on 2015 form. However teams will be different and some will improve, others decline, but all things considered yo'd have to be pretty happy with the draw.

Home game allocations aren't great as expected. The only Sydney based opponent at LO and it's on a Monday night? That's piss poor planning. Play Storm on a Monday instead. Won't affect the crowd in the slightest.

9 out of 18 games on free to air:
6 Sunday (all 4pm)
2 Friday (vs souths and broncos)
1 Thursday (vs souths)
2 Monday (vs manly and eels)
7 Saturday

The home games Draw is again disappointing.
Starting to seem intentional!

The draw overall could be worse.

tell me who would a business go to first to see what they want someone who pays 100k per game and has the opportunity to allow access to potentially double the amount of games with the right teams or venues that cost the business money to put on and organise. you're always going to put your headline acts at the venues that has the possibility to make the most money

Wests Tigers

Play twice: Warriors, Titans, Eels, Knights, Storm, Raiders, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs, Panthers.
Play once: Sea Eagles, Sharks, Broncos, Roosters, Dragons, Cowboys.

Starting point: The Wests Tigers get first crack at the new-look Warriors at Campbelltown Stadium in the opening round of the season, and move to Leichhardt in Round 2 for a big clash against Manly. They'll be chasing wins in their next couple of matches against the Titans on the Gold Coast in Round 3 and against Parramatta at ANZ Stadium in Round 4.

Tough run: Wests have a tricky period in the middle of the season with a run of games against competition heavyweights the Broncos, Roosters, Rabbitohs and Storm starting in Round 12, with three of those being away games. Their next three – against the Panthers, Bulldogs and Dragons – won't be a walk in the park either.

Show-stoppers: The Tigers will go up against their former star Martin Taupau and the Manly Sea Eagles at Leichhardt Oval in Round 2, with Matt Ballin also coming up against his former club. Leichhardt will also host bumper games against the Storm in Round 7 and the Cowboys in Round 22, while Campbelltown Stadium will host the season opener against the Warriors and a grudge match against the Sharks in Round 5.

Origin impact: (Byes: Rd 15, Rd 19.) The Tigers have a huge chance of claiming a prized win at Suncorp Stadium when they face a Broncos side missing their Origins stars in Round 12, and they will take on a Bulldogs outfit that could also lose a few players to Origin in Round 18\. Wests will get their first bye ahead of State of Origin II in Round 15 and their second after Origin III and Round 19.

http://www.nrl.com/club-by-club-draw-what-you-need-to-know/tabid/10874/newsid/91013/default.aspx

Like the idea of a round one game at Campbelltown. Hopefully they get a big turn out against the Warriors to start the comp.

Gets an overall pass mark from me for the timing and number of weekend games. Campbo drew a better straw than Leichhardt this time around.

Latest posts

Back