WESTS Tigers have declined to offer Benji Marshall an extens

Flippedy

Well-known member
Just heard on the news that Benji Marshall is close to signing a new upgrade to his contract with WT :unamused: WT management are seriously retarded!
 
Benji is on Fox News Sportsline tonight at 10.00pm EST ALL will be revealed! The Fos Sports Host seemed to think he had an exclusive so stay tuned folks!
 
Did it say upgrade or extension??

If its just an upgrade its probably due to us being obligated to give him more money due to a previous agreement. Sux but what can we do. Shows a lack of integrity from Benji IMO but maybe thats unfair
 
From what i am reading today it appears the club is only honouring its committment to upgrade Marshalls contract - that will give him 2 years to show that he is worth retaining past 2015 - a good move by WT.
 
Lack of integrity by Benji? Nope. Collecting what he is owed in a contract that is a legally binding document… Fair enough he is playing badly but if he is collecting on what was previously agreed then it has nothing to do with current form. There is NO player in the NRL that would not collect the money owed to them on a previous contract. I know I'd be collecting regardless of how I played. Now that it is all sorted and its clear he wants to stay, start showing it Benji!
 
"BENJI Marshall to the Waratahs? The bizarre rumour was circulated on social media this week but when we contacted Marshall’s manager Martin Tauber yesterday, he knocked it flat. “I have just spoken to the Wests Tigers, we are expecting a new contract offer by midday [today],” Tauber said, adding that Marshall had not considered rugby again after the NRL blocked a mooted off-season stint in Japan two years ago. Marshall is contracted until 2015 but is renegotiating the next two years of his deal based on more money given to NRL clubs under the media rights deal earlier this year. But if Marshall is unhappy with the revised offer, then who knows?"

Daily tele website today. Ill post the link in a second

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_
 
Link
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rugby/lions-still-livid-over-grey-elbow/story-fni2fxyf-1226667111025

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_
 
Maybe Benji will be more relaxed and happy tomorrow night at Campbelltown after this gets sorted out today.
 
@RMS said:
Lack of integrity by Benji? Nope. Collecting what he is owed in a contract that is a legally binding document… Fair enough he is playing badly but if he is collecting on what was previously agreed then it has nothing to do with current form. There is NO player in the NRL that would not collect the money owed to them on a previous contract. I know I'd be collecting regardless of how I played. Now that it is all sorted and its clear he wants to stay, start showing it Benji!

2nd that - I may be wrong but pretty sure his contract had the upgrade in it for when more money came in via NRL for the new TV deal.
 
Okay it might be we are just honoring a verbal agreement made by our past CEO, but gee it hurts to see him getting MORE money with the rubbish he has been dishing up for a long time now. Surely Marshall has some sort of responsibility to have a go, last Monday nigh was a woeful exhibition by Benji and it was not a one off. The club should be looking for a way out,shop him around,do what ever,but to spend a large chunk of your cap on a player that has lost it is madness
 
From news.com.au
WESTS Tigers have declined to offer Benji Marshall an extension as part of the star playmaker's new contract package, but are in negotiations to secure their two most promising young halves to long-term deals.
The Marshall imbroglio came to a head just after 6pm last night, when acting Tigers boss Grant Mayer sent the player's agent, Martin Tauber, terms of the contractual upgrade that was verbally promised almost three years ago. The news is just one of a number of significant developments at Concord, which include: * REVELATIONS that Tauber has tested interest in Marshall with rival NRL outfits Canterbury and New Zealand, as well as Super 15 franchise NSW;
* MOVES from the Tigers to sign boom teenage halves Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses until the end of 2017\. Both are already contracted for next year;
* THE club receiving an offer to settle with sacked coach Tim Sheens, who has remained on the monthly payroll since his departure last September;
* ENGAGING the recruitment company the Bulldogs used to appoint a new CEO in the wake of Steve Humphreys' exit last Friday;
* THE formation of a new retention and recruitment committee, with veteran talent spotter Warren McDonnell demoted to dealing with players outside the Top 25 following a series of debatable decisions in recent years; and
* REVELATIONS they are still carrying ex-players Andrew Fifita, Bryce Gibbs, Todd Payten, Chris Heighington and Wade McKinnon on their 2013 salary cap. Marshall's future, however, is the most pressing item of business at the club. When he re-committed for a further five years in 2010, Humphreys gave a verbal promise to renegotiate the contract in tandem with the NRL's new broadcast deal. Tauber also indicated that he anticipated an extension until the end of 2017\. But the terms forwarded to him yesterday did not feature an extension, only more money between now and 2015\. It's understood Marshall's base salary - believed to be around $500,000 a season - will increase slightly this year, before enjoying more substantial rises in 2014 and 2015\. If the 28-year-old is not satisfied there's every chance he could ask for a release - and the mood among some Tigers officials indicates he would be granted one. Marshall had a falling out with coach Mick Potter upon being axed to the bench in round 10, and has not achieved the same "father-son" relationship he previously enjoyed with Sheens. Marshall yesterday reaffirmed his desire to remain a one-club player, but shed no light on his feelings over the contractual negotiations.
The Daily Telegraph can also reveal that the Tigers are yet to pay Sheens this month, with recent legal negotiations suggesting a settlement could be reached soon. A board meeting next week will digest an offer put forward to the club by Sheens' solicitors.
On the plus side, Mayer confirmed negotiations to secure Brooks and Moses on new three-year deals had begun. "We see them as great young talents and they are both priority signings for us," he said. Both teenagers are managed by Isaac Moses, who also handles out-of-sorts forward Adam Blair. The Tigers have indicated they would be willing to contribute around $100,000 to Blair's contract at a rival club, should he attract an offer from elsewhere.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_
 
@Robz said:
From news.com.au
WESTS Tigers have declined to offer Benji Marshall an extension as part of the star playmaker's new contract package, but are in negotiations to secure their two most promising young halves to long-term deals.
The Marshall imbroglio came to a head just after 6pm last night, when acting Tigers boss Grant Mayer sent the player's agent, Martin Tauber, terms of the contractual upgrade that was verbally promised almost three years ago. The news is just one of a number of significant developments at Concord, which include: * REVELATIONS that Tauber has tested interest in Marshall with rival NRL outfits Canterbury and New Zealand, as well as Super 15 franchise NSW;
* MOVES from the Tigers to sign boom teenage halves Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses until the end of 2017\. Both are already contracted for next year;
* THE club receiving an offer to settle with sacked coach Tim Sheens, who has remained on the monthly payroll since his departure last September;
* ENGAGING the recruitment company the Bulldogs used to appoint a new CEO in the wake of Steve Humphreys' exit last Friday;
* THE formation of a new retention and recruitment committee, with veteran talent spotter Warren McDonnell demoted to dealing with players outside the Top 25 following a series of debatable decisions in recent years; and
* REVELATIONS they are still carrying ex-players Andrew Fifita, Bryce Gibbs, Todd Payten, Chris Heighington and Wade McKinnon on their 2013 salary cap. Marshall's future, however, is the most pressing item of business at the club. When he re-committed for a further five years in 2010, Humphreys gave a verbal promise to renegotiate the contract in tandem with the NRL's new broadcast deal. Tauber also indicated that he anticipated an extension until the end of 2017\. But the terms forwarded to him yesterday did not feature an extension, only more money between now and 2015\. It's understood Marshall's base salary - believed to be around $500,000 a season - will increase slightly this year, before enjoying more substantial rises in 2014 and 2015\. If the 28-year-old is not satisfied there's every chance he could ask for a release - and the mood among some Tigers officials indicates he would be granted one. Marshall had a falling out with coach Mick Potter upon being axed to the bench in round 10, and has not achieved the same "father-son" relationship he previously enjoyed with Sheens. Marshall yesterday reaffirmed his desire to remain a one-club player, but shed no light on his feelings over the contractual negotiations.
The Daily Telegraph can also reveal that the Tigers are yet to pay Sheens this month, with recent legal negotiations suggesting a settlement could be reached soon. A board meeting next week will digest an offer put forward to the club by Sheens' solicitors.
On the plus side, Mayer confirmed negotiations to secure Brooks and Moses on new three-year deals had begun. "We see them as great young talents and they are both priority signings for us," he said. Both teenagers are managed by Isaac Moses, who also handles out-of-sorts forward Adam Blair. The Tigers have indicated they would be willing to contribute around $100,000 to Blair's contract at a rival club, should he attract an offer from elsewhere.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Wade graham?

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_
 
Well on the upside at least Mayer, Potter et al seem to facing up some pretty long-term issues. Things are pretty crap at the moment but there at least appears to be some sort of plan for the future.
 
@900large said:
@Robz said:
From news.com.au
WESTS Tigers have declined to offer Benji Marshall an extension as part of the star playmaker's new contract package, but are in negotiations to secure their two most promising young halves to long-term deals.
The Marshall imbroglio came to a head just after 6pm last night, when acting Tigers boss Grant Mayer sent the player's agent, Martin Tauber, terms of the contractual upgrade that was verbally promised almost three years ago. The news is just one of a number of significant developments at Concord, which include: * REVELATIONS that Tauber has tested interest in Marshall with rival NRL outfits Canterbury and New Zealand, as well as Super 15 franchise NSW;
* MOVES from the Tigers to sign boom teenage halves Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses until the end of 2017\. Both are already contracted for next year;
* THE club receiving an offer to settle with sacked coach Tim Sheens, who has remained on the monthly payroll since his departure last September;
* ENGAGING the recruitment company the Bulldogs used to appoint a new CEO in the wake of Steve Humphreys' exit last Friday;
* THE formation of a new retention and recruitment committee, with veteran talent spotter Warren McDonnell demoted to dealing with players outside the Top 25 following a series of debatable decisions in recent years; and
* REVELATIONS they are still carrying ex-players Andrew Fifita, Bryce Gibbs, Todd Payten, Chris Heighington and Wade McKinnon on their 2013 salary cap. Marshall's future, however, is the most pressing item of business at the club. When he re-committed for a further five years in 2010, Humphreys gave a verbal promise to renegotiate the contract in tandem with the NRL's new broadcast deal. Tauber also indicated that he anticipated an extension until the end of 2017\. But the terms forwarded to him yesterday did not feature an extension, only more money between now and 2015\. It's understood Marshall's base salary - believed to be around $500,000 a season - will increase slightly this year, before enjoying more substantial rises in 2014 and 2015\. If the 28-year-old is not satisfied there's every chance he could ask for a release - and the mood among some Tigers officials indicates he would be granted one. Marshall had a falling out with coach Mick Potter upon being axed to the bench in round 10, and has not achieved the same "father-son" relationship he previously enjoyed with Sheens. Marshall yesterday reaffirmed his desire to remain a one-club player, but shed no light on his feelings over the contractual negotiations.
The Daily Telegraph can also reveal that the Tigers are yet to pay Sheens this month, with recent legal negotiations suggesting a settlement could be reached soon. A board meeting next week will digest an offer put forward to the club by Sheens' solicitors.
On the plus side, Mayer confirmed negotiations to secure Brooks and Moses on new three-year deals had begun. "We see them as great young talents and they are both priority signings for us," he said. Both teenagers are managed by Isaac Moses, who also handles out-of-sorts forward Adam Blair. The Tigers have indicated they would be willing to contribute around $100,000 to Blair's contract at a rival club, should he attract an offer from elsewhere.

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

Wade graham?

_Posted using RoarFEED 2013_

no dude, Mckinnon - we got him as a fullback for a season or two. wasn't bad either. just slower than a wet week.
 

Latest posts

Members online

Back
Top