Wests Tigers incensed over Ryan James charge for James Tedesco hit

LARDS

Thought this needed its own topic
SMH 15/8/16

>
James MacSmith And Scott Bailey
Wests Tigers are incensed over the punishment dished out to Ryan James after the Gold Coast forward broke James Tedesco's jaw.
>
James is facing a one-match suspension on a grade two careless high tackle charge after hitting a falling Tedesco with a swinging arm during the Titans' 19-18 win at Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday.
\
\
**James on Monday afternoon announced he would fight his high tackle charge at the NRL judiciary.**
>
James was handed with a grade-two careless high tackle charge for the 60th-minute hit.
>
The Tigers confirmed on Monday their star fullback suffered a broken jaw and is expected to miss the rest of the NRL season.
>
"You touch a ref you get one week, I will let you fill in the blanks," said Tigers forward Joel Edwards when asked about the James' penalty.
\
\
"Some of the rulings are pretty funny at the moment," Tigers prop Ava Seumanufagai added.
>
The loss of Tedesco has hit the Tigers' slim finals prospects hard.
\
\
They need to win all three of their remaining games against Penrith (away), the Warriors (away) and Canberra (at Leichhardt Oval) without their most influential player if they are to qualify for the playoffs.
>
Brisbane captain Corey Parker also questioned the sanction from the match review committee, recalling his punishment for a tackle on Tedesco in State of Origin game three.
>
"You just want to see consistency," Parker told Sky Sports Radio's Big Sports Breakfast.
>
"I got Tedesco myself in the Origin match. I hadn't been charged in 15 years and got one week.
>
"Decisions are made, based on what I was led to believe, the severity of the tackle.
>
"And he [James] has broken his jaw, regardless of how it has happened.
>
"He's hit him with a closed fist, swinging arm that has has since broken his jaw and he (James) got one week."
>
South Sydney captain Greg Inglis copped a three-week ban for a shoulder charge that broke NSW and Dragons utility Josh Dugan's jaw in State of Origin III.
>
AAP

I cant believe he's fighting it!
He might find it will go the other way and get more?

Well here is the stupidity of the situation:

- Pleads guilty, he gets one week
- Pleads not guilty and is found guilty, he gets one week.

So it makes sense to challenge!

@LARDS said:
Thought this needed its own topic
SMH 15/8/16

>
James MacSmith And Scott Bailey
Wests Tigers are incensed over the punishment dished out to Ryan James after the Gold Coast forward broke James Tedesco's jaw.
>
James is facing a one-match suspension on a grade two careless high tackle charge after hitting a falling Tedesco with a swinging arm during the Titans' 19-18 win at Campbelltown Stadium on Saturday.
\
\
**James on Monday afternoon announced he would fight his high tackle charge at the NRL judiciary.**
>
James was handed with a grade-two careless high tackle charge for the 60th-minute hit.
>
The Tigers confirmed on Monday their star fullback suffered a broken jaw and is expected to miss the rest of the NRL season.
>
"You touch a ref you get one week, I will let you fill in the blanks," said Tigers forward Joel Edwards when asked about the James' penalty.
\
\
"Some of the rulings are pretty funny at the moment," Tigers prop Ava Seumanufagai added.
>
The loss of Tedesco has hit the Tigers' slim finals prospects hard.
\
\
They need to win all three of their remaining games against Penrith (away), the Warriors (away) and Canberra (at Leichhardt Oval) without their most influential player if they are to qualify for the playoffs.
>
Brisbane captain Corey Parker also questioned the sanction from the match review committee, recalling his punishment for a tackle on Tedesco in State of Origin game three.
>
"You just want to see consistency," Parker told Sky Sports Radio's Big Sports Breakfast.
>
"I got Tedesco myself in the Origin match. I hadn't been charged in 15 years and got one week.
>
"Decisions are made, based on what I was led to believe, the severity of the tackle.
>
"And he [James] has broken his jaw, regardless of how it has happened.
>
"He's hit him with a closed fist, swinging arm that has has since broken his jaw and he (James) got one week."
>
South Sydney captain Greg Inglis copped a three-week ban for a shoulder charge that broke NSW and Dragons utility Josh Dugan's jaw in State of Origin III.
>
AAP

I cant believe he's fighting it!
He might find it will go the other way and get more?

Let's hope he does get more, quite a bit more.

The NRL really need to make some changes here.. I realise it's a contact sport, but when you sideline a player for months with a horrible injury you deserve to be punished severely - spending an equal amount of time suspended as the player is out injured at the very least would be a good start.

Was it Marty Taupau on Jack Bird earlier in the year that also only got one weak? That tackle was disgusting and deserved half a year on the sidelines.

NRL Administration are weaker than 1.8% beer and less consistent than a Donald Trump speech.

It's absolutely disgusting. The system and grading needs to be reviewed. If a player is hit high like Teddy was and suffers a broken bone/severe injury, the offending player should automatically be wiped out for as long as the injured player takes to return to the playing field.

I really thought things would change under Todd Greenberg, but they are worse. No consistency in bunker decisions, no consistency in the judiciary. Tyson frizell gets a week out for brushing a referee with no malice intent, yet ryan james gets a week for being off side with a clinched fist and breaking someones jaw.

When you think Simona got three weeks for a nothing tackle and James could possibly get off for smashing someone's jaw - something doesn't add up

@innsaneink said:
How could he get more?
It's already been graded.

I'm confusing it with a court of law where the judge can upgrade the sentence.
I guess this is different otherwise they wouldn't risk it.

This seriously beggars belief.

Tedesco's jaw is broken, it wasn't accidental contact, it was a swinging arm.

I know nothing should be read into the fact that Titans are an NRL owned side looking for a buyer at the moment! Not to mention cheating the salary cap and 'alleged irregularities with their finances' and a number of their players being charged with drug offences. That's a culture you want to hold up when you're trying to draw support to your code….

The Titans are my most despised team. Prince and Laffranchi started the trend and this just continues it on.

Nothing surprises with the:
Negligable
Rules
League

Maybe the NRL will consider suspending Tedesco for the start of 2017, after all look at all the angst and inconvenience he has caused by having the audacity to break his jaw on Ryan James' arm. Farcical organisation.

I dont think he'll get off as the result of the tackle has ended Ted's season and ruined plans for a 4 nations berth….however, the tackle was one that both players contributed to and unfortunately just a terrible accident. The grading was pretty correct.

Maybe there should of been some medicine dished out at the time but then again a pack that are powder puffs! And as I have said previously players should seek civil action against the perpetrator and this might put the NRL on notice to get its act together ,But James is laughing and Teddy will not be laughing for a very long time!

@stryker said:
I dont think he'll get off as the result of the tackle has ended Ted's season and ruined plans for a 4 nations berth….however, the tackle was one that both players contributed to and unfortunately just a terrible accident. The grading was pretty correct.

A swinging arm is always an accident ?

We can't be too upset when you consider the following….Ryan James is appealing !

“I feel sorry for Ryan James because he’s a bloke who gets targeted a fair bit,” Woods said on Triple M.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/ryan-james-faces-one-week-suspension-for-hit-that-broke-james-tedescos-jaw/news-story/82b817b4f0ae5ed6ec9a8338fa4a5b1b
\
\
Teddy gets target EVERY week and had his nose broken by Thurston recently. Poor Ryan James Boohoo.

Members online

Back