Wests Tigers Own State Of Origin Series

joe_s_magpies

It looks like those dopey selectors are not going to pick any Tigers players for the third SOO. In the coming weeks the Tigers play the Broncos, Titans & Cowboys. In a way it's like a mini state of origin series coming up agaist these 3 QLD teams.

Hopefully the Tigers can fire up and get back some NSW pride. Do what those incompetant fools that they selected couldn't.

im boycotting nsw until they pick farah! quite glad to be living in qld despite coming from northern rivers as it makes it a lot easier.

Who cares!!

I hope they pick none of our players under the current coach and selectors.

Let them have the likes of Scott and Ennis, its nothing more than they deserve.

We are coming up to a very important part of the season, I don't want any disruptions.

Agree, we're not playing that flash with the boys on deck…take them away and we are in big trouble.

Their incompetence doesn't worry me.

TBH, I couldn't give two hoots about SOO or International Rugby League, I never have showed much interest in Rep Football and will continue not to if these hamsters that call themselves the NSW selectors, continue to persist with the same players.

It really doesn't bother me if any of our players miss out. If i had to choose between the tigers doing well or tigers in origin i'd much rather we do well. The only thing that irks me is the uneducated opinion that Ennis is a better hooker than Farah…..On canterbury road only.

We should thank our lucky stars none of our players are getting picked.
Next year will be a different story.I rekon our players will dominate origin selection
At least Farah will get another kangaroo jumper with maybe Heignington & Lawernce getting picked as well

i dont see why ennis is seen as a better hooker either, aren't players in representative games supposed to be the best of the best in terms of form?

how are the bulldogs going again?

@BrissieTiger67 said:
im boycotting nsw until they pick farah! quite glad to be living in qld despite coming from northern rivers as it makes it a lot easier.

I live in Brisbane and am from the Northern Rivers. :eek:pen_mouth:

Every club is proud of their represenatative players. I think its disappointing that we don't have any in the Origin team.

Someone should sell this idea to the Club as the Theme for these games. Wests Tigers vs Qld's Origin Players.

Great motivation for Robbie, Gibbs, Galloway, Heighington, Lawrence & Lote…

Next three games. The Broncos game will be tough, by my reckoning we should quite comfortably beat the Titans and Cowboys at our real home grounds.

10 wins, 7 losses would see comfortably in the eight, if we drop the next 3, 8 wins, 9 losses would leave us just outside the eight and no momentum heading into the run for finals spots.

Now that it is effectively a 15-team comp and one team who would've definitely made the eight in the Storm are out, we may only need to win 4 more games to make it. However this would leave us in 8th or 7th and we'd have to play the Dragons or the Panthers which would be far from ideal.

We need to finish AT LEAST 6th, but we should be pushing for a top 4 spot and a home semi.

For and against could be the difference between coming 6th or 4th so we need to keep our's in check.

Tracking previous years, we have had a mortgage on 9th spot in a 16 team comp. With the Storm out, theoretically 8th spot is the minimum goal.

We have got the cattle to take out the Broncos, Titans and Cowboys. Ultimately, the Broncos are the team I'm most interested to see how we fare against as they are probably the most in-form of the three. I would expect the boys to win all three.

Interesting that you mention you wouldn't like us finishing 7th or 8th. I agree that I wouldn't want to square off against the Pamfers, but the one side I would want to play in the finals series would be the perennial chokers. We played ordinary against them on Friday, and they couldn't close the game out until the final 10 minutes.

Broncos is the game that has me worried at the moment as their young talent really has the ability to turn it on. The Tigers will have to improve their completion rate and execution in attack to get over them. If they can get the Broncos, then I reckon they'll beat the Titans and Cowboys as well.

These are the games we should win Tiger Watto…the Broncos without their SOO stars and Titans & Coboys atr Cambo & LO.....if the team is serious about the title, these are MUST WIN games

If we win all three we are home and hosed as far as a spot in the eight. We could just about lose every game in from there.

would be good to win all of the next three games.
start with game against bronco's and work from there.
have to be realistic, the team will lose a couple of games before end of round 26.
hopefully only a minimum, which will ensure a top 8 finish.

I think all three are must win and further to that I believe we will win all three.

They are definetly easier than some of the games we have after them.

Members online

Back